Jump to topic:

Can a Phoenix ever die?

ceballin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 2:49:25 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
The mythological bird lives it's life only to burst into flames and be reborn from the ashes. My question, could a Phoenix ever die? Would it be reborn if it died from something else besides natural death?

Maybe a dumb question...? But I've gotta say I'm curious either way
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 2:58:04 AM
At 12/28/2015 2:49:25 AM, ceballin wrote:
The mythological bird lives it's life only to burst into flames and be reborn from the ashes. My question, could a Phoenix ever die? Would it be reborn if it died from something else besides natural death?

Well seeing that phoenix's don't actually exist, we cannot do any scientific experiments on them to see if we could actually stop the rebirth process. That being said, we will have to deal in hypothetical when determining whether a phoenix can die or not. Also, how do you define die? Would making a phoenix stop existing count as death? If so, if God simply stopped sustaining a phoenix into existence then it could die. If not, then maybe when the phoenix turns into ashes, spreading the ashes out over a certain area may stop it from being reborn.
Nolite Timere
ceballin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2015 4:13:45 AM
At 12/28/2015 2:58:04 AM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 12/28/2015 2:49:25 AM, ceballin wrote:

Well seeing that phoenix's don't actually exist, we cannot do any scientific experiments on them to see if we could actually stop the rebirth process. That being said, we will have to deal in hypothetical when determining whether a phoenix can die or not. Also, how do you define die? Would making a phoenix stop existing count as death? If so, if God simply stopped sustaining a phoenix into existence then it could die. If not, then maybe when the phoenix turns into ashes, spreading the ashes out over a certain area may stop it from being reborn.

Yes, hypothetically, of course. I do like the idea of the ashes being spread. That seems to be the best way.

Die - (of a person, animal, or plant) stop living.
Would the phoenix rise from the ashes if it got hit by a car and died? I know theres no way to figure out any of these questions with it not being real and all, it was just a thought that crossed my mind
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2015 12:40:44 AM
It's a metaphor, therefore it neither lives nor dies , not even metaphorically.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%