Jump to topic:

In Case Of Invasion . . .

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 6:51:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
If we were invaded by aliens today at our current level of technology how would we win. Lets assume our alien adversaries have mastered warp, wormholes, and hyperspace (a theory of the use of electromagnets and the higher dimensions to attain FTL not that bogus nonsense) they have cold plasma shielding, ununbium and fusion reactors, laser, plasma, and ion weapons, and don't need giant radiators to keep their ships cool, as well as anti and artificial gravity. We cannot reverse engineer their technology but we can use everything that we know how to do and lets just suppose we have a space dock and can move our vessels at 55.55% the speed of light via space catapult (giant matter accelerator). We do not need to conquer them we only need to defend our solar system. Oh and lets keep this in the proper laws of physics not some mumbo-jumbo 2 dimensional star-trek warfare. Oh and I shall add it takes about 6 H-Bombs (well the force of 6 H-Bombs) to destroy 1 enemy vessel they have about 10000 vessels and a shipyard located in our asteroid belt capable of producing 10 vessels a day it takes us 5 days to produce 1 vessel (please add in production costs on your own for your own model vessels) and it takes 1 month to manufacture a space catapult, the enemy can move at 65.35% the speed of light and does not require catapults you start off with 6 catapults and 10 Orion model vessels each with a payload of 10 H-Bombs and can be destroyed with 1 hit from an enemy vessel (1 hit from an enemy vessel can cut through 1 meter of titanium) and for every 1 shot you land on your opponent they launch 5.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 6:52:21 PM
At 10/14/2010 6:51:18 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
If we were invaded by aliens today at our current level of technology how would we win. Lets assume our alien adversaries have mastered warp, wormholes, and hyperspace (a theory of the use of electromagnets and the higher dimensions to attain FTL not that bogus nonsense) they have cold plasma shielding, ununbium and fusion reactors, laser, plasma, and ion weapons, and don't need giant radiators to keep their ships cool, as well as anti and artificial gravity. We cannot reverse engineer their technology but we can use everything that we know how to do and lets just suppose we have a space dock and can move our vessels at 55.55% the speed of light via space catapult (giant matter accelerator). We do not need to conquer them we only need to defend our solar system. Oh and lets keep this in the proper laws of physics not some mumbo-jumbo 2 dimensional star-trek warfare. Oh and I shall add it takes about 6 H-Bombs (well the force of 6 H-Bombs) to destroy 1 enemy vessel they have about 10000 vessels and a shipyard located in our asteroid belt capable of producing 10 vessels a day it takes us 5 days to produce 1 vessel (please add in production costs on your own for your own model vessels) and it takes 1 month to manufacture a space catapult, the enemy can move at 65.35% the speed of light and does not require catapults you start off with 6 catapults and 10 Orion model vessels each with a payload of 10 H-Bombs and can be destroyed with 1 hit from an enemy vessel (1 hit from an enemy vessel can cut through 1 meter of titanium) and for every 1 shot you land on your opponent they launch 5.

Build more pylons.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 6:56:45 PM
The most viable option is probably biological warfare; War of the Worlds style. Though, this isn't even all that viable since if they can get to our planet they aren't idiots.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 6:59:37 PM

You do realize that you've deliberately engineered the scenario to make it impossible to win, right?
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 7:10:29 PM
At 10/14/2010 6:59:37 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

You do realize that you've deliberately engineered the scenario to make it impossible to win, right?

You do realize that you can still make an antimatter bomb . . . and plus whats the fun in an easy scenario, easy doesn't make you think.
Minister Of Trolling
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 7:16:44 PM
At 10/14/2010 7:10:29 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
You do realize that you can still make an antimatter bomb

You go do that.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 7:18:36 PM
At 10/14/2010 7:16:44 PM, Korashk wrote:
You do realize that you can still make an antimatter bomb

You go do that.

I just want other peoples spin on the problem to see what other solutions are possible . . .
Minister Of Trolling
:
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 7:23:06 PM
You do realize that you can still make an antimatter bomb . . . and plus whats the fun in an easy scenario, easy doesn't make you think.

We wouldn't have the time or the resources to do that. And it's likely that they'd destroy the means to launch that bomb even if we manage to complete it in time.
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 7:26:07 PM
needs moar details. Are they invading to annihilate planet, do some ethnic cleansing and get human free-real estate, rule over natives as slaves...?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 7:28:24 PM
At 10/14/2010 7:26:07 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
needs moar details. Are they invading to annihilate planet, do some ethnic cleansing and get human free-real estate, rule over natives as slaves...?

Slavery and Free Real Estate because they come from a world similar to ours.
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 7:32:42 PM
At 10/14/2010 7:23:06 PM, Kleptin wrote:

We wouldn't have the time or the resources to do that. And it's likely that they'd destroy the means to launch that bomb even if we manage to complete it in time.

Its called build a suicidal fleet to bide time and then use a catapult to launch the bomb and destroy their shipyard the proper tactic is to destroy the enemies means of producing more ships and eradicate the remains of the fleet one by one, I should have mentioned they cannot call reinforcements from there home-world plus I gave you the means of constructing more catapults.
Minister Of Trolling
:
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 7:32:59 PM
At 10/14/2010 7:28:24 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

Since it includes slavery all their planet-annihilating technology won't win their goal Hence, guerrila warfare. It doesn't matter if they have zomg laser rifles, it might in a vacuum, but projectiles kill just fine on ground.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 7:33:17 PM

I hope they plan to breed us into slaves. I wouldn't mind being used as a fertilizing specimen to breed our race.

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 7:34:47 PM
At 10/14/2010 7:32:59 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Since it includes slavery all their planet-annihilating technology won't win their goal Hence, guerrila warfare. It doesn't matter if they have zomg laser rifles, it might in a vacuum, but projectiles kill just fine on ground.

Did you remember to calculate the enemies superior manufacturing abilities?
Minister Of Trolling
:
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 7:36:40 PM
At 10/14/2010 7:34:47 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

Last I checked Iraq's given the US a lot of trouble, and the pre-Industrial revolution US gave the early industrial revolution Britain a lot of trouble :P.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 7:40:20 PM
At 10/14/2010 7:33:17 PM, Kleptin wrote:

I hope they plan to breed us into slaves. I wouldn't mind being used as a fertilizing specimen to breed our race.

You would considering the fact they want a 100% human production rate of slaves and use incredibly painful probes and offer no sedatives plus they are not just in it for slaves but also real estate and you would probably just have your genitalia removed and put into a machine to extract "certain fluids" more efficiently, and I don't care who you are you do not want to be a slave!!!
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 7:43:37 PM
At 10/14/2010 7:36:40 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Last I checked Iraq's given the US a lot of trouble, and the pre-Industrial revolution US gave the early industrial revolution Britain a lot of trouble :P.

Did you input the variables on how you will get most of your resources into space (that's how Britons lost although they had superior manufacturing it was tough to transport goods and troops) and the the given production values and speeds?
Minister Of Trolling
:
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 8:06:01 PM
At 10/14/2010 7:32:42 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Its called build a suicidal fleet to bide time and then use a catapult to launch the bomb and destroy their shipyard the proper tactic is to destroy the enemies means of producing more ships and eradicate the remains of the fleet one by one, I should have mentioned they cannot call reinforcements from there home-world plus I gave you the means of constructing more catapults.

I think you picked the wrong person to debate this with. I tend to be pretty good at these types of situations.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
http://wiki.answers.com...

Note the diagram. The enemy's base is situated on Earth's asteroid belt. The first link shows that the asteroid belt actually is a ring. It could be right next to earth, or across the sun from earth. Now we have to measure that distance.

The closest planet to Earth is Mars. When Earth and Mars are furthest apart, the distance is just 401 million km. This is a fair estimate of the maximum distance between earth and the enemy base.

Now, obviously the enemy can't fly through the sun. Let's assume they have to fly half the circumference. I do the math, simple pi * D * 1/2, and crunch the lightyears. Then, I multiply by 2 because the maximum speed for the enemy is 60% light speed (I assumed they were even slower than that, 50%).

The time it would take for them to get here with all 10,000 ships, is 138 minutes.

Now, logically speaking, that's like trying to invade a castle and recruiting soldiers on their drawbridge. Why would the aliens be so goddamn stupid in the first place? Because they aren't. They're just confident and probably used to fast-paced fighting.

That being said, they would easily eliminate all of our forces almost instantly. They would destroy our cannons, our suicide fleet, everything, within 3 hours time. You said that they're invading today. It's likely they already won.

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 8:10:09 PM
At 10/14/2010 7:43:37 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

Did you input the variables on how you will get most of your resources into space
Don't have to, just have to keep the bastards off earth.

Earthbound warfare has some serious diminishing returns when it comes to investing equipment.
Kahvan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2010 8:26:50 PM
Tell Koopin that if we lose KFC will cease to exist then sit back and watch the show as Koopin systematically destroys them.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2010 4:20:08 AM
At 10/14/2010 8:10:09 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Did you input the variables on how you will get most of your resources into space

Earthbound warfare has some serious diminishing returns when it comes to investing equipment.

Remember that earth will eventually run out of resources!
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2010 4:30:00 AM
At 10/14/2010 8:06:01 PM, Kleptin wrote:
At 10/14/2010 7:32:42 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

I think you picked the wrong person to debate this with. I tend to be pretty good at these types of situations.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
http://wiki.answers.com...

Note the diagram. The enemy's base is situated on Earth's asteroid belt. The first link shows that the asteroid belt actually is a ring. It could be right next to earth, or across the sun from earth. Now we have to measure that distance.

The closest planet to Earth is Mars. When Earth and Mars are furthest apart, the distance is just 401 million km. This is a fair estimate of the maximum distance between earth and the enemy base.

Now, obviously the enemy can't fly through the sun. Let's assume they have to fly half the circumference. I do the math, simple pi * D * 1/2, and crunch the lightyears. Then, I multiply by 2 because the maximum speed for the enemy is 60% light speed (I assumed they were even slower than that, 50%).

The time it would take for them to get here with all 10,000 ships, is 138 minutes.

Now, logically speaking, that's like trying to invade a castle and recruiting soldiers on their drawbridge. Why would the aliens be so goddamn stupid in the first place? Because they aren't. They're just confident and probably used to fast-paced fighting.

That being said, they would easily eliminate all of our forces almost instantly. They would destroy our cannons, our suicide fleet, everything, within 3 hours time. You said that they're invading today. It's likely they already won.

Then lets assume its located near Europa, and you also have to understand who in there right mind sends the entire fleet, that leaves exposure and offers them no way to defend their base, plus they are more advanced so why would they use blitzkrieg and by today I meant with our current level of technology not literally today (beacuse if it was literally today e would loose for we have no space shipyard or ability to move 50% the speed of light) plus they are here for slaves and real estate they would want to do the least amount of damage possible to us and our world and by showing the sheer power of one of there vessels they could severely degrade human morale and will to resist and fight.
Minister Of Trolling
:
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2010 6:34:22 AM
At 10/15/2010 4:30:00 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Then lets assume its located near Europa, and you also have to understand who in there right mind sends the entire fleet, that leaves exposure and offers them no way to defend their base, plus they are more advanced so why would they use blitzkrieg and by today I meant with our current level of technology not literally today (beacuse if it was literally today e would loose for we have no space shipyard or ability to move 50% the speed of light) plus they are here for slaves and real estate they would want to do the least amount of damage possible to us and our world and by showing the sheer power of one of there vessels they could severely degrade human morale and will to resist and fight.

All of my assumptions make perfect sense given the proximity, but I'll re-strategize with the new location after I get back home from my test.

Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2010 6:36:44 AM
Actually, you should doublecheck that.

http://answers.yahoo.com...

The increased distance isn't that much more. They'd still reach us in less than a day.

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2010 9:27:12 AM
At 10/15/2010 4:20:08 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

The most important resource is the brain.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2010 11:36:05 AM
At 10/15/2010 9:27:12 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

The most important resource is my brain.

Fixed.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 12:37:34 AM
At 10/15/2010 9:27:12 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

The most important resource is the brain.

Yeah but they are smarter than you and have access to more resources and more advanced you could be the smartest general in the world and still loose the war.
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 12:40:29 AM
At 10/15/2010 6:36:44 AM, Kleptin wrote:

The increased distance isn't that much more. They'd still reach us in less than a day.

Yeah but that's not what I'm talking about I am talking about an assault upon there space shipyard which after destroyed you could destroy the rest of their fleet one by one.
Minister Of Trolling
:
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 12:49:27 AM
At 10/16/2010 12:40:29 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 10/15/2010 6:36:44 AM, Kleptin wrote:

Yeah but that's not what I'm talking about I am talking about an assault upon there space shipyard which after destroyed you could destroy the rest of their fleet one by one.

All 10,000 of them? Yeah, okay.