Total Posts:44|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Prejudice against Americans

SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 1:59:45 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Most people of other countries think this way beacuse the majority of people from America they see on T.V. act stupid, that on average people from our country are less educated, and the fact America has one of the highest populations of douche bags on earth.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 2:10:07 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 1:59:45 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Most people of other countries think this way beacuse the majority of people from America they see on T.V. act stupid, that on average people from our country are less educated, and the fact America has one of the highest populations of douche bags on earth.

You did not explicitly say, but the implication is there, that you are saying that the US has the highest population of douche bags per capita. I would disagree with this point, if it is the point you are trying to make.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 2:13:28 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
@Brian:
The vast majority of the participants of this site are Americans. From your interaction and observation do you believe the stereotypes are warranted?

I'm with JBlake, Superrobotwars is very wrong. In fact i would be very happy to debate Superrobotwars on this.
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 2:54:22 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 2:13:28 AM, innomen wrote:
@Brian:
The vast majority of the participants of this site are Americans. From your interaction and observation do you believe the stereotypes are warranted?

I'm with JBlake, Superrobotwars is very wrong. In fact i would be very happy to debate Superrobotwars on this.

Not at all...in fact, the majority of my family are Americans and not one of them plays the banjo and only a minority of them exclaim "yee-ha" when they are excited!

But, having said that, many Americans, especially in the South, do often conform to type: they are unadventurous with food; they drive rather than walk and they are loud and brash.

On the plus side, they really know how to put on a show: nobody does entertainment like the Americans!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 3:18:26 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 1:59:45 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Most people of other countries think this way beacuse the majority of people from America they see on T.V. act stupid, that on average people from our country are less educated, and the fact America has one of the highest populations of douche bags on earth.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
SuperRobotWars
Posts: 3,906
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 3:30:45 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 2:13:28 AM, innomen wrote:
@Brian:
The vast majority of the participants of this site are Americans. From your interaction and observation do you believe the stereotypes are warranted?

I'm with JBlake, Superrobotwars is very wrong. In fact i would be very happy to debate Superrobotwars on this.

I never said the stereotypes were warranted all I said was that these stereotypes come from what they see on T.V., comparison of education scores nationwide, and the fat that we have one of the largest douche populations of the world (its a proven fact). Does that imply tat all Americans act this way? No, it is just an explanation on where they get their prejudicial views on Americans from, the same way the KKK, Nazis, Neo-Black Panthers get their bias: from he mass lumping of all people who fall under a certain criteria together (in this case actors, douches, and under achieving students).
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 7:41:39 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 3:30:45 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 10/16/2010 2:13:28 AM, innomen wrote:
@Brian:
The vast majority of the participants of this site are Americans. From your interaction and observation do you believe the stereotypes are warranted?

I'm with JBlake, Superrobotwars is very wrong. In fact i would be very happy to debate Superrobotwars on this.

I never said the stereotypes were warranted all I said was that these stereotypes come from what they see on T.V., comparison of education scores nationwide, and the fat that we have one of the largest douche populations of the world (its a proven fact). Does that imply tat all Americans act this way? No, it is just an explanation on where they get their prejudicial views on Americans from, the same way the KKK, Nazis, Neo-Black Panthers get their bias: from he mass lumping of all people who fall under a certain criteria together (in this case actors, douches, and under achieving students).

I guess you would be evidence in proving your point, and i would be evidence proving the contrary.
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 9:21:07 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 3:30:45 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote
... and the fat that we have one of the largest douche populations of the world (its a proven fact).

LOL. How does one go about proving such a thing? What was the name of the study: America: A Study of Douche.?
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 9:34:34 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
America has extremely intelligent people just like any other country has. Just like we have our idiots. The real problem is, that 5% - 10% that are misinformed or just plain stupid, have more time to go out and pull stunts that gain the attention of the media. So, our news is filled with coverage of that small percentage 'speaking out' when really there is a huge percentage if sensible, rational people.

I'm not American and when I first came here, I will admit to being skeptical of Americans. However, I have found plenty of intellectuals who hold similar values to the rest of the world which doesn't include cowboys, banjos and extremism.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 9:41:42 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 9:34:34 AM, annhasle wrote:
America has extremely intelligent people just like any other country has. Just like we have our idiots. The real problem is, that 5% - 10% that are misinformed or just plain stupid, have more time to go out and pull stunts that gain the attention of the media. So, our news is filled with coverage of that small percentage 'speaking out' when really there is a huge percentage if sensible, rational people.

I'm not American and when I first came here, I will admit to being skeptical of Americans. However, I have found plenty of intellectuals who hold similar values to the rest of the world which doesn't include cowboys, banjos and extremism.

I understand your point.

I get quite irritated when I read (on various blogs and websites) comments that are quite discriminatory against Americans.

But then, I think about the fact that a lot of these are coming from Europeans who have nothing better to do than hold ignorant viewpoints, complain about other cultures, and fail to realize they probably wouldn't be as well-off as they are now if it wasn't for the United States.

Comments from prejudice British people have tended to anger me more than remarks from other countries, but at this point I'm tired of hearing the same ignorant remarks from anyone on the other side of the Atlantic.

Why do people risk their lives to come to the United States? People from Mexico, Latin America, the Middle East, Asia, and even Europe still attempt to make it to America in the hopes of a brighter future. Sorry that we endorse a diverse and open culture.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 9:54:52 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 1:38:41 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:


brits are odd ducks.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 9:55:33 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 9:54:52 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
brits are odd ducks.

the video is better evidence of that.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 4:14:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 9:54:52 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 10/16/2010 1:38:41 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:


brits are odd ducks.

We're not all like that - I have short hair!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 4:26:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 9:41:42 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 10/16/2010 9:34:34 AM, annhasle wrote:
America has extremely intelligent people just like any other country has. Just like we have our idiots. The real problem is, that 5% - 10% that are misinformed or just plain stupid, have more time to go out and pull stunts that gain the attention of the media. So, our news is filled with coverage of that small percentage 'speaking out' when really there is a huge percentage if sensible, rational people.

I'm not American and when I first came here, I will admit to being skeptical of Americans. However, I have found plenty of intellectuals who hold similar values to the rest of the world which doesn't include cowboys, banjos and extremism.

I understand your point.

I get quite irritated when I read (on various blogs and websites) comments that are quite discriminatory against Americans.

But then, I think about the fact that a lot of these are coming from Europeans who have nothing better to do than hold ignorant viewpoints, complain about other cultures, and fail to realize they probably wouldn't be as well-off as they are now if it wasn't for the United States.

Comments from prejudice British people have tended to anger me more than remarks from other countries, but at this point I'm tired of hearing the same ignorant remarks from anyone on the other side of the Atlantic.

Why do people risk their lives to come to the United States? People from Mexico, Latin America, the Middle East, Asia, and even Europe still attempt to make it to America in the hopes of a brighter future. Sorry that we endorse a diverse and open culture.

Ugh I hate it when people say things like that. Its my dad's fave thing to say when he wants to b!tch about me going to Canada. I'm sorry but they are more accepting, and care more for the people, lower crime rate, less chance of AIDS, less wars, few places that hate it, and its more beautiful, plus I don't ever remember people being scared that Canada's economy is going to fail. Sure there are some places that are worse of then the US, but not all. The US is not the best place.

I mean, I get your point, but it seems people are too all or nothing about the US, they either love it or hate it, and tbh I loove the idea of "freedom" that it gives, and I love the "acceptance" of diversity, however I disagree with too much political and socially.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Blank
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 5:54:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 1:59:45 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Most people of other countries think this way beacuse the majority of people from America they see on T.V. act stupid, that on average people from our country are less educated, and the fact America has one of the highest populations of douche bags on earth.

arent like the top 15 highest ranked universities or so are in the U.S?
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 5:56:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 1:59:45 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Most people of other countries think this way beacuse the majority of people from America they see on T.V. act stupid, that on average people from our country are less educated, and the fact America has one of the highest populations of douche bags on earth.
MikeLoviN
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 8:52:13 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 9:41:42 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 10/16/2010 9:34:34 AM, annhasle wrote:
America has extremely intelligent people just like any other country has. Just like we have our idiots. The real problem is, that 5% - 10% that are misinformed or just plain stupid, have more time to go out and pull stunts that gain the attention of the media. So, our news is filled with coverage of that small percentage 'speaking out' when really there is a huge percentage if sensible, rational people.

I'm not American and when I first came here, I will admit to being skeptical of Americans. However, I have found plenty of intellectuals who hold similar values to the rest of the world which doesn't include cowboys, banjos and extremism.

I understand your point.

I get quite irritated when I read (on various blogs and websites) comments that are quite discriminatory against Americans.

But then, I think about the fact that a lot of these are coming from Europeans who have nothing better to do than hold ignorant viewpoints, complain about other cultures, and fail to realize they probably wouldn't be as well-off as they are now if it wasn't for the United States.

Lols@irony. Do you realize what you just did there? You attack ignorant generalizations by making an ignorant generalization. BRILLIANT. This here, is the exact attitude that leads to anti-American sentiment.

"Wouldn't be as well-off as they are now if it wasn't for the US" eh? You should get your head checked. It seems to be lodged pretty far up your @ss.

Comments from prejudice British people have tended to anger me more than remarks from other countries, but at this point I'm tired of hearing the same ignorant remarks from anyone on the other side of the Atlantic.

Ignorance is a two-way street. When you get angry, that's when you look stupid. Either ignore it or laugh it off.

Why do people risk their lives to come to the United States? People from Mexico, Latin America, the Middle East, Asia, and even Europe still attempt to make it to America in the hopes of a brighter future.

So?

Sorry that we endorse a diverse and open culture.

Compared to who?
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 8:59:33 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 5:54:27 PM, Blank wrote:
At 10/16/2010 1:59:45 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Most people of other countries think this way beacuse the majority of people from America they see on T.V. act stupid, that on average people from our country are less educated, and the fact America has one of the highest populations of douche bags on earth.

arent like the top 15 highest ranked universities or so are in the U.S?

No. I know that Cambridge is usually in the top 3. But of course, who's doing the ranking...
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 9:03:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 8:52:13 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
At 10/16/2010 9:41:42 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 10/16/2010 9:34:34 AM, annhasle wrote:
America has extremely intelligent people just like any other country has. Just like we have our idiots. The real problem is, that 5% - 10% that are misinformed or just plain stupid, have more time to go out and pull stunts that gain the attention of the media. So, our news is filled with coverage of that small percentage 'speaking out' when really there is a huge percentage if sensible, rational people.

I'm not American and when I first came here, I will admit to being skeptical of Americans. However, I have found plenty of intellectuals who hold similar values to the rest of the world which doesn't include cowboys, banjos and extremism.

I understand your point.

I get quite irritated when I read (on various blogs and websites) comments that are quite discriminatory against Americans.

But then, I think about the fact that a lot of these are coming from Europeans who have nothing better to do than hold ignorant viewpoints, complain about other cultures, and fail to realize they probably wouldn't be as well-off as they are now if it wasn't for the United States.

Lols@irony. Do you realize what you just did there? You attack ignorant generalizations by making an ignorant generalization. BRILLIANT. This here, is the exact attitude that leads to anti-American sentiment.

Don't you realize that was the point I was trying to make?

"Wouldn't be as well-off as they are now if it wasn't for the US" eh? You should get your head checked. It seems to be lodged pretty far up your @ss.

Don't you realize I was trying to be satirical?

Comments from prejudice British people have tended to anger me more than remarks from other countries, but at this point I'm tired of hearing the same ignorant remarks from anyone on the other side of the Atlantic.

Ignorance is a two-way street. When you get angry, that's when you look stupid. Either ignore it or laugh it off.

Agreed.

Why do people risk their lives to come to the United States? People from Mexico, Latin America, the Middle East, Asia, and even Europe still attempt to make it to America in the hopes of a brighter future.

So?

I was being satirical.

Sorry that we endorse a diverse and open culture.

Compared to who?

I was being sardonic.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 9:04:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 9:41:42 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 10/16/2010 9:34:34 AM, annhasle wrote:
America has extremely intelligent people just like any other country has. Just like we have our idiots. The real problem is, that 5% - 10% that are misinformed or just plain stupid, have more time to go out and pull stunts that gain the attention of the media. So, our news is filled with coverage of that small percentage 'speaking out' when really there is a huge percentage if sensible, rational people.

I'm not American and when I first came here, I will admit to being skeptical of Americans. However, I have found plenty of intellectuals who hold similar values to the rest of the world which doesn't include cowboys, banjos and extremism.

I understand your point.

I get quite irritated when I read (on various blogs and websites) comments that are quite discriminatory against Americans.

But then, I think about the fact that a lot of these are coming from Europeans who have nothing better to do than hold ignorant viewpoints, complain about other cultures, and fail to realize they probably wouldn't be as well-off as they are now if it wasn't for the United States.

Comments from prejudice British people have tended to anger me more than remarks from other countries, but at this point I'm tired of hearing the same ignorant remarks from anyone on the other side of the Atlantic.

Why do people risk their lives to come to the United States? People from Mexico, Latin America, the Middle East, Asia, and even Europe still attempt to make it to America in the hopes of a brighter future. Sorry that we endorse a diverse and open culture.

Don't you guys realize that I was trying to show why so many Europeans and other nationalities seem to be prejudice against the United States?

I was being satirical and sardonic. I'm not ignorant (at least as ignorant as I used to be).
MikeLoviN
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 9:06:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 9:03:43 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 10/16/2010 8:52:13 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
Lols@irony. Do you realize what you just did there? You attack ignorant generalizations by making an ignorant generalization. BRILLIANT. This here, is the exact attitude that leads to anti-American sentiment.

Don't you realize that was the point I was trying to make?

I do now. That post seemed somewhat out of character for you but It's kind of hard to tell just by reading it. My apologies.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 9:06:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 9:04:59 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 10/16/2010 9:41:42 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 10/16/2010 9:34:34 AM, annhasle wrote:
America has extremely intelligent people just like any other country has. Just like we have our idiots. The real problem is, that 5% - 10% that are misinformed or just plain stupid, have more time to go out and pull stunts that gain the attention of the media. So, our news is filled with coverage of that small percentage 'speaking out' when really there is a huge percentage if sensible, rational people.

I'm not American and when I first came here, I will admit to being skeptical of Americans. However, I have found plenty of intellectuals who hold similar values to the rest of the world which doesn't include cowboys, banjos and extremism.

I understand your point.

I get quite irritated when I read (on various blogs and websites) comments that are quite discriminatory against Americans.

But then, I think about the fact that a lot of these are coming from Europeans who have nothing better to do than hold ignorant viewpoints, complain about other cultures, and fail to realize they probably wouldn't be as well-off as they are now if it wasn't for the United States.

Comments from prejudice British people have tended to anger me more than remarks from other countries, but at this point I'm tired of hearing the same ignorant remarks from anyone on the other side of the Atlantic.

Why do people risk their lives to come to the United States? People from Mexico, Latin America, the Middle East, Asia, and even Europe still attempt to make it to America in the hopes of a brighter future. Sorry that we endorse a diverse and open culture.

Don't you guys realize that I was trying to show why so many Europeans and other nationalities seem to be prejudice against the United States?

I was being satirical and sardonic. I'm not ignorant (at least as ignorant as I used to be).

I would put a 'footnote' saying 'SATIRICAL' or use /sarcasm so it's more clear... That way you aren't attacked when you were being humorous. It was funny to me though. :)
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 9:09:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 9:06:30 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
At 10/16/2010 9:03:43 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 10/16/2010 8:52:13 PM, MikeLoviN wrote:
Lols@irony. Do you realize what you just did there? You attack ignorant generalizations by making an ignorant generalization. BRILLIANT. This here, is the exact attitude that leads to anti-American sentiment.

Don't you realize that was the point I was trying to make?

I do now. That post seemed somewhat out of character for you but It's kind of hard to tell just by reading it. My apologies.

No worries. I should have put a note at the end.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 9:10:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 9:06:38 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 10/16/2010 9:04:59 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 10/16/2010 9:41:42 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 10/16/2010 9:34:34 AM, annhasle wrote:
America has extremely intelligent people just like any other country has. Just like we have our idiots. The real problem is, that 5% - 10% that are misinformed or just plain stupid, have more time to go out and pull stunts that gain the attention of the media. So, our news is filled with coverage of that small percentage 'speaking out' when really there is a huge percentage if sensible, rational people.

I'm not American and when I first came here, I will admit to being skeptical of Americans. However, I have found plenty of intellectuals who hold similar values to the rest of the world which doesn't include cowboys, banjos and extremism.

I understand your point.

I get quite irritated when I read (on various blogs and websites) comments that are quite discriminatory against Americans.

But then, I think about the fact that a lot of these are coming from Europeans who have nothing better to do than hold ignorant viewpoints, complain about other cultures, and fail to realize they probably wouldn't be as well-off as they are now if it wasn't for the United States.

Comments from prejudice British people have tended to anger me more than remarks from other countries, but at this point I'm tired of hearing the same ignorant remarks from anyone on the other side of the Atlantic.

Why do people risk their lives to come to the United States? People from Mexico, Latin America, the Middle East, Asia, and even Europe still attempt to make it to America in the hopes of a brighter future. Sorry that we endorse a diverse and open culture.

Don't you guys realize that I was trying to show why so many Europeans and other nationalities seem to be prejudice against the United States?

I was being satirical and sardonic. I'm not ignorant (at least as ignorant as I used to be).

I would put a 'footnote' saying 'SATIRICAL' or use /sarcasm so it's more clear... That way you aren't attacked when you were being humorous. It was funny to me though. :)

Thanks. I kind of laughed when I noticed that the double-standard ignorance really displayed itself in the post.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 9:12:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 9:10:19 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 10/16/2010 9:06:38 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 10/16/2010 9:04:59 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 10/16/2010 9:41:42 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 10/16/2010 9:34:34 AM, annhasle wrote:
America has extremely intelligent people just like any other country has. Just like we have our idiots. The real problem is, that 5% - 10% that are misinformed or just plain stupid, have more time to go out and pull stunts that gain the attention of the media. So, our news is filled with coverage of that small percentage 'speaking out' when really there is a huge percentage if sensible, rational people.

I'm not American and when I first came here, I will admit to being skeptical of Americans. However, I have found plenty of intellectuals who hold similar values to the rest of the world which doesn't include cowboys, banjos and extremism.

I understand your point.

I get quite irritated when I read (on various blogs and websites) comments that are quite discriminatory against Americans.

But then, I think about the fact that a lot of these are coming from Europeans who have nothing better to do than hold ignorant viewpoints, complain about other cultures, and fail to realize they probably wouldn't be as well-off as they are now if it wasn't for the United States.

Comments from prejudice British people have tended to anger me more than remarks from other countries, but at this point I'm tired of hearing the same ignorant remarks from anyone on the other side of the Atlantic.

Why do people risk their lives to come to the United States? People from Mexico, Latin America, the Middle East, Asia, and even Europe still attempt to make it to America in the hopes of a brighter future. Sorry that we endorse a diverse and open culture.

Don't you guys realize that I was trying to show why so many Europeans and other nationalities seem to be prejudice against the United States?

I was being satirical and sardonic. I'm not ignorant (at least as ignorant as I used to be).

I would put a 'footnote' saying 'SATIRICAL' or use /sarcasm so it's more clear... That way you aren't attacked when you were being humorous. It was funny to me though. :)

Thanks. I kind of laughed when I noticed that the double-standard ignorance really displayed itself in the post.

It was actually very well done. I always enjoy satirical posts like that! At first I thought you were serious but it seemed WAY out of character and then I realized it was supposed to be funny by the last line. So, I re-read it and laughed. A lot. :D
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
studentathletechristian8
Posts: 5,810
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 9:14:47 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I honestly do believe that many Europeans, Latin Americans, Canadians, etc. are normally open-minded and rather "cool" people. They seem down-to-earth and a little more concerned with others rather than material wealth and its pursuit.
Loserboi
Posts: 1,232
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2010 10:23:56 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/16/2010 8:59:33 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 10/16/2010 5:54:27 PM, Blank wrote:
At 10/16/2010 1:59:45 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Most people of other countries think this way beacuse the majority of people from America they see on T.V. act stupid, that on average people from our country are less educated, and the fact America has one of the highest populations of douche bags on earth.

arent like the top 15 highest ranked universities or so are in the U.S?

No. I know that Cambridge is usually in the top 3. But of course, who's doing the ranking...

We control 11 of the top 15 that's good enough...
http://www.usnews.com...