Jump to topic:

LOLz

gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2010 1:13:04 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Okay this is a small portion of Mahabharat, which is a sanskrit epic, describing the Hindu history. Anyway,EPIC proof that there is no perfect man.

...While in exile, Kunti, mother of the Pandavas often advised her sons that they share everything they have (or obtain through Bhiksha i.e. alms) equally amongst themselves. Upon returning home with Draupadi, on purpose, Arjuna addresses his mother first "Look mother, I have brought Bhiksha (alms)!". Kunti, unmindful of what Arjuna was referring to, unassumingly asked her son to share whatever it is with his brothers. Thus, in order to obey their mother's order all five accepted Draupadi as their wife, without taking her consent.

When Krishna visits the family, he explains to Draupadi that her unique position as the wife of five brothers results from a certain incident in her previous birth. She had in that lifetime prayed to Shiva to grant her a husband with five desired qualities: Strength, wisdom, thoughtfulness, a great warrior, and Handsome and compassionate . Shiva, pleased with her devotion, tells her that it is very difficult to get a husband with all five qualities that she desired. But she sticks to her ground and asks for the same. Then Lord Shiva grants her wish saying that she would get the same in her next birth. Hence she gets married to five brothers each who represents a given quality.
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2010 1:20:59 AM
At 10/21/2010 1:16:00 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Lol, that is actually pretty funny.

The fact that it is written into the most treasured epic by a person under the guidance of GOD, makes it much more so...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2010 9:00:46 AM
At 10/21/2010 1:20:59 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:

The fact that it is written into the most treasured epic by a person under the guidance of GOD, makes it much more so...

Why not put this in the religion forum?
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2010 9:13:54 AM
At 10/21/2010 9:00:46 AM, innomen wrote:
At 10/21/2010 1:20:59 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:

Why not put this in the religion forum?

It wasn't actually religious. I just found this pretty funny. And i didn't want to get into the reasoning and God vs not debate.