Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

Class Schedules

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 1:49:16 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
I think there have been threads on this in the past. I'm always curious to see what people are taking in the upcoming semester--or, if you're in high school, what you're taking now and/or planning to take.

This need not, but probably will, turn into a dick-measuring contest. Liberal arts major need not post. (Lol, totally kidding. <3 you, Solon.)

I'll go first:

Mathematical Statistics
Probability Theory
Financial Calculus
Ordinary Differential Equations
Econometrics II
Honors Thesis

In other words, I'm #fucked.

Anyone else?
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Rosalie
Posts: 4,605
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 2:02:34 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 1:49:16 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
I think there have been threads on this in the past. I'm always curious to see what people are taking in the upcoming semester--or, if you're in high school, what you're taking now and/or planning to take.

This need not, but probably will, turn into a dick-measuring contest. Liberal arts major need not post. (Lol, totally kidding. <3 you, Solon.)

I'll go first:

Mathematical Statistics
Probability Theory
Financial Calculus
Ordinary Differential Equations
Econometrics II
Honors Thesis

In other words, I'm #fucked.

Anyone else?

-.-

Argumentative
Statistics
Finite Math
Oral interpretation
Public Speaking
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
BlazingRodent
Posts: 1,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 2:03:51 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 1:49:16 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
I think there have been threads on this in the past. I'm always curious to see what people are taking in the upcoming semester--or, if you're in high school, what you're taking now and/or planning to take.

This need not, but probably will, turn into a dick-measuring contest. Liberal arts major need not post. (Lol, totally kidding. <3 you, Solon.)

I'll go first:

Mathematical Statistics
Probability Theory
Financial Calculus
Ordinary Differential Equations
Econometrics II
Honors Thesis

In other words, I'm #fucked

Anyone else?

You just gotta BELIEVE!!!!!
MisterMittens
Posts: 3,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 2:04:03 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Well.. we run on the quarter system, and my schedule isn't too bad (I'm not #Fvcked like you ;D)
I'm taking:
CPU architecture
Algorithm analysis
Philosophy
I'm handsome. Whoever disagrees with me can go die in a deep, dark hole.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 2:05:05 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 2:02:34 AM, Rosalie wrote:
At 1/17/2016 1:49:16 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
I think there have been threads on this in the past. I'm always curious to see what people are taking in the upcoming semester--or, if you're in high school, what you're taking now and/or planning to take.

This need not, but probably will, turn into a dick-measuring contest. Liberal arts major need not post. (Lol, totally kidding. <3 you, Solon.)

I'll go first:

Mathematical Statistics
Probability Theory
Financial Calculus
Ordinary Differential Equations
Econometrics II
Honors Thesis

In other words, I'm #fucked.

Anyone else?

-.-

Argumentative
Statistics
Finite Math
Oral interpretation
Public Speaking

The first three sound fun, the latter two not so much.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
BlazingRodent
Posts: 1,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 2:06:24 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 2:03:51 AM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 1/17/2016 1:49:16 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
I think there have been threads on this in the past. I'm always curious to see what people are taking in the upcoming semester--or, if you're in high school, what you're taking now and/or planning to take.

This need not, but probably will, turn into a dick-measuring contest. Liberal arts major need not post. (Lol, totally kidding. <3 you, Solon.)

I'll go first:

Mathematical Statistics
Probability Theory
Financial Calculus
Ordinary Differential Equations
Econometrics II
Honors Thesis

In other words, I'm #fucked

Anyone else?

You just gotta BELIEVE!!!!!

https://www.google.com...
BlazingRodent
Posts: 1,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 2:07:11 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 2:06:24 AM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 1/17/2016 2:03:51 AM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 1/17/2016 1:49:16 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
I think there have been threads on this in the past. I'm always curious to see what people are taking in the upcoming semester--or, if you're in high school, what you're taking now and/or planning to take.

This need not, but probably will, turn into a dick-measuring contest. Liberal arts major need not post. (Lol, totally kidding. <3 you, Solon.)

I'll go first:

Mathematical Statistics
Probability Theory
Financial Calculus
Ordinary Differential Equations
Econometrics II
Honors Thesis

In other words, I'm #fucked

Anyone else?

You just gotta BELIEVE!!!!!

https://www.google.com...

Oh for f*** sake.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 2:07:58 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 2:04:03 AM, MisterMittens wrote:
Well.. we run on the quarter system, and my schedule isn't too bad (I'm not #Fvcked like you ;D)
I'm taking:
CPU architecture
Algorithm analysis
Philosophy

Only three classes?

Algorithm analysis sounds fun, if not tedious. Philosophy is also generally enjoyable (though intro classes tend to drone on and on about nothing).
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
MisterMittens
Posts: 3,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 2:12:24 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 2:07:58 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 1/17/2016 2:04:03 AM, MisterMittens wrote:
Well.. we run on the quarter system, and my schedule isn't too bad (I'm not #Fvcked like you ;D)
I'm taking:
CPU architecture
Algorithm analysis
Philosophy

Only three classes?

Algorithm analysis sounds fun, if not tedious. Philosophy is also generally enjoyable (though intro classes tend to drone on and on about nothing).

Algorithm analysis is basically sitting in a chair for 3 hours and banging your head on a wall until you get the solution you're looking for within the time frame and efficiency specifications given to you.
My philosophy class is literally composed of 3 essays and a final. ;D
And yeah.. I would take 4, but I'm a coward who got scared into not taking 3 upperdivision courses in a quarter like I had planned - courtesy of my undergrad adviser.
I'm handsome. Whoever disagrees with me can go die in a deep, dark hole.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 2:15:07 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 2:12:24 AM, MisterMittens wrote:
Algorithm analysis is basically sitting in a chair for 3 hours and banging your head on a wall until you get the solution you're looking for within the time frame and efficiency specifications given to you.

Lmfao.

It still sounds less painful than a single visit to the religion forum, right?

My philosophy class is literally composed of 3 essays and a final. ;D

My two philosophy classes were similar: three papers (graded very liberally), a midterm and a final.

And yeah.. I would take 4, but I'm a coward who got scared into not taking 3 upperdivision courses in a quarter like I had planned - courtesy of my undergrad adviser.

Dude, advisers are generally incompetent fuckwits concerned only with covering their own ars.

It's like they have an asymmetric loss function, much like economists who are more inclined to forecast doom and gloom, because they get more sh1t if you flunk and/or drop a class than if you find your semester too easy. I wouldn't pay them much mind at all.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
MisterMittens
Posts: 3,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 2:24:25 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 2:15:07 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 1/17/2016 2:12:24 AM, MisterMittens wrote:
Algorithm analysis is basically sitting in a chair for 3 hours and banging your head on a wall until you get the solution you're looking for within the time frame and efficiency specifications given to you.

Lmfao.

It still sounds less painful than a single visit to the religion forum, right?
Lol I haven't actually.. you know... been in the religion forum, so I can't really say. It's got quite a fearsome reputation

My philosophy class is literally composed of 3 essays and a final. ;D

My two philosophy classes were similar: three papers (graded very liberally), a midterm and a final.
Philosophy = easylife ^-^

And yeah.. I would take 4, but I'm a coward who got scared into not taking 3 upperdivision courses in a quarter like I had planned - courtesy of my undergrad adviser.

Dude, advisers are generally incompetent fuckwits concerned only with covering their own ars.

It's like they have an asymmetric loss function, much like economists who are more inclined to forecast doom and gloom, because they get more sh1t if you flunk and/or drop a class than if you find your semester too easy. I wouldn't pay them much mind at all.

Mine are pretty OK. Idk about competency, but they seemed nice. I like to take these things at facial value and not think too much about it.
I'm handsome. Whoever disagrees with me can go die in a deep, dark hole.
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 2:28:04 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 2:24:25 AM, MisterMittens wrote:
At 1/17/2016 2:15:07 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 1/17/2016 2:12:24 AM, MisterMittens wrote:
Algorithm analysis is basically sitting in a chair for 3 hours and banging your head on a wall until you get the solution you're looking for within the time frame and efficiency specifications given to you.

Lmfao.

It still sounds less painful than a single visit to the religion forum, right?
Lol I haven't actually.. you know... been in the religion forum, so I can't really say. It's got quite a fearsome reputation

And, by virtue of that, you're better off than the least three people who entered--rumor has it that they've been missing for the past eight weeks.

My philosophy class is literally composed of 3 essays and a final. ;D

My two philosophy classes were similar: three papers (graded very liberally), a midterm and a final.
Philosophy = easylife ^-^

Indeed: it's a free pass to smoke weed and reflect for 18 weeks, lol.

And yeah.. I would take 4, but I'm a coward who got scared into not taking 3 upperdivision courses in a quarter like I had planned - courtesy of my undergrad adviser.

Dude, advisers are generally incompetent fuckwits concerned only with covering their own ars.

It's like they have an asymmetric loss function, much like economists who are more inclined to forecast doom and gloom, because they get more sh1t if you flunk and/or drop a class than if you find your semester too easy. I wouldn't pay them much mind at all.

Mine are pretty OK. Idk about competency, but they seemed nice. I like to take these things at facial value and not think too much about it.

They might be nice, but competency really isn't their strong suit. You'd be much better off, I think, speaking to either professors or peer advisors--or, even, people who have taken the courses before. Ratemyprofessor is actually an excellent tool insofar as there's a reasonable sample size (some ratings are just from disgruntled dipsh1ts).
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Subutai
Posts: 3,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 2:38:07 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Here's mine:

Applications of Quantum Mechanics (basically Particle Physics)
Abstract Algebra II
Partial Differential Equations (meaning I don't want to hear any complaints from you about ODE)
Philosophy of Science
Elementary German II

This is actually one of my lighter schedules. In fact, depending on the difficulty of PDE, I might put this as my easiest semester in two years.
I'm becoming less defined as days go by, fading away, and well you might say, I'm losing focus, kinda drifting into the abstract in terms of how I see myself.
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 3:13:01 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 1:49:16 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Ouch, looks like you've got a rough schedule. Here's mine:

Mathematical Statistics II
Probability Theory II
Financial Calculus II
Ordinary Differential Equations II
Econometrics III
Masters Thesis
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 3:18:19 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 3:13:01 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/17/2016 1:49:16 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Ouch, looks like you've got a rough schedule. Here's mine:

Mathematical Statistics II
Probability Theory II
Financial Calculus II
Ordinary Differential Equations II
Econometrics III
Masters Thesis

lmfao.

What are you majoring in, btw? I feel like you've mentioned it, but I can't seem to remember.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 3:19:32 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 2:38:07 AM, Subutai wrote:
Here's mine:

Applications of Quantum Mechanics (basically Particle Physics)
Abstract Algebra II
Partial Differential Equations (meaning I don't want to hear any complaints from you about ODE)
Philosophy of Science
Elementary German II

This is actually one of my lighter schedules. In fact, depending on the difficulty of PDE, I might put this as my easiest semester in two years.

Geez, that looks intense.

I would take PDE if my school offered it, but yeah I agree that it's probably much harder than ODE.
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 3:21:38 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 3:18:19 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 1/17/2016 3:13:01 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/17/2016 1:49:16 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Ouch, looks like you've got a rough schedule. Here's mine:

Mathematical Statistics II
Probability Theory II
Financial Calculus II
Ordinary Differential Equations II
Econometrics III
Masters Thesis

lmfao.

What are you majoring in, btw? I feel like you've mentioned it, but I can't seem to remember.

Pick-up artistry
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 3:24:40 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 3:21:38 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/17/2016 3:18:19 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 1/17/2016 3:13:01 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/17/2016 1:49:16 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Ouch, looks like you've got a rough schedule. Here's mine:

Mathematical Statistics II
Probability Theory II
Financial Calculus II
Ordinary Differential Equations II
Econometrics III
Masters Thesis

lmfao.

What are you majoring in, btw? I feel like you've mentioned it, but I can't seem to remember.

Pick-up artistry

can confirm
ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 3:30:27 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 3:21:38 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/17/2016 3:18:19 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:
At 1/17/2016 3:13:01 AM, thett3 wrote:
At 1/17/2016 1:49:16 AM, ResponsiblyIrresponsible wrote:

Ouch, looks like you've got a rough schedule. Here's mine:

Mathematical Statistics II
Probability Theory II
Financial Calculus II
Ordinary Differential Equations II
Econometrics III
Masters Thesis

lmfao.

What are you majoring in, btw? I feel like you've mentioned it, but I can't seem to remember.

Pick-up artistry

I see.

What do you intend to do with that degree?
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Foxian
Posts: 53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 3:46:50 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Right now it's:
AP Chinese
AP US History
English III
AP Calculus BC
Advanced Biomedical Science
AP Psychology
AP Physics

When I return to China in June it'll be:
* "Optional" Morning Study Session
Chinese Literature
Mathematics History/Gaokao Preparation (We finish Calculus, which is what the gaokao goes up to, at the end of 10th grade so we just review and learn the history)
Physical Education
Experimental Psychology
Modern Chinese History
Politics
Cytogenetics
English Literature
Physics
Oral English Foundation
* "Optional" Evening Study Session

*- They're not really optional but they're also not on our schedules, if we don't attend them without being excused there's serious repercussions, such as the school telling our teachers not to collect our homework and expelling us for not turning in our homework.
BlazingRodent
Posts: 1,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 4:51:06 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 3:41:26 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I have no Math next semester.

NO MATH!

ALLAHU AKBAR


Jealousy could not be extended right now.
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 5:04:34 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 4:51:06 AM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 1/17/2016 3:41:26 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I have no Math next semester.

NO MATH!

ALLAHU AKBAR


Jealousy could not be extended right now.

You do not realize how much of nightmare the last month of this semester was, especially exams. Than again, I'm probably over dramatising it :P
"Praise Allah."
~YYW
BlazingRodent
Posts: 1,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 5:08:31 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 5:04:34 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 1/17/2016 4:51:06 AM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 1/17/2016 3:41:26 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I have no Math next semester.

NO MATH!

ALLAHU AKBAR


Jealousy could not be extended right now.

You do not realize how much of nightmare the last month of this semester was, especially exams. Than again, I'm probably over dramatising it :P

You think it's hard for you? Dude, in China we have hardcore math. And your famiree expects you to pass crass with an A+, or you go to the croset and disgrace famiree.
UtherPenguin
Posts: 3,679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 5:12:36 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 5:08:31 AM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 1/17/2016 5:04:34 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 1/17/2016 4:51:06 AM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 1/17/2016 3:41:26 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
I have no Math next semester.

NO MATH!

ALLAHU AKBAR


Jealousy could not be extended right now.

You do not realize how much of nightmare the last month of this semester was, especially exams. Than again, I'm probably over dramatising it :P

You think it's hard for you? Dude, in China we have hardcore math. And your famiree expects you to pass crass with an A+, or you go to the croset and disgrace famiree.

One of my Chinese friends said he would take IB after 9th grade (end of Middle school in Canada). Never heard from him since.
"Praise Allah."
~YYW