Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Best Post Wins

ResponsiblyIrresponsible
Posts: 12,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 2:30:20 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 2:04:38 AM, BlazingRodent wrote:
Best Post Wins

I recently had the fortunate experience of being enlightened (or educated) as to what evil Blazing Rodent is currently conspiring to unleash upon the world. I would now like to share that experience with you. I begin with critical semantic clarifications. First, whenever Blazing Rodent is blamed for conspiring to force women to live by restrictive standards not applicable to men, he blames his expositors. Doing so reinforces their passivity and obedience and increases their guilt, shame, terror, and conformity, thereby making them far more willing to help Blazing Rodent fund, assemble, and train jealous knuckle-draggers to erase the memory of all traditions and all history.

I personally always find more to condemn than to commend about Blazing Rodent's neurotic beliefs, but that's a story for another time. For now, I want to focus on the way that if everyone does his own, small part, together we can call for proper disciplinary action against him and his faithfuls. Although it requires risk, commitment, and follow-through to knock some sense into Blazing Rodent, once one begins thinking about free speech, about irascible tatterdemalions who use ostracism and public opinion to prevent the airing of views contrary to their own larcenous beliefs, one realizes that Blazing Rodent says that a book's value to the reader is somehow influenced by the color of the author's skin and that therefore hanging out with depraved, audacious smatchets is a wonderful, culturally enriching experience. Hello? Is Mr. Logic down at the pub with a dozen pints inside him or what? Blazing Rodent may subject people to daily verbal, behavioral, and environmental indignities right after he reads this letter. Let him. In the blink of an eye, I will burn away social illness, exploitation, and human suffering.

I correctly predicted that Blazing Rodent would cater to the basest instincts of self-serving gutter-bloods. Alas, I didn't think he'd do that so effectively"or so soon. It would be great if all of us could disentangle people from the snares set by him and his helpers. In the end, however, money talks and you-know-what walks. Perhaps that truism also explains why it is immature and stupid of Blazing Rodent to make it impossible to disturb his self-deceiving gravy train. It would be mature and intelligent, however, to wake people out of their stupor and call on them to act honorably, and that's why I say that his older obloquies were bleeding-heart enough. His latest ones are definitely beyond the pale. Let's get reasonable; Blazing Rodent's "I'm right and you're wrong" attitude is spiteful because it leaves no room for compromise.

I have been a veritable oasis of civility in the present debate. Well, that's a bit too general of a statement to have much meaning, I'm afraid. So let me instead explain my point as follows: If I recall correctly, Blazing Rodent once wrote a document whose sole purpose was to argue that he is a champion of liberty and individual expression. This document was an endless sequence of intentional distortions, cynical manipulations of language, and outright lies. It served no purpose other to get people thinking about how Blazing Rodent seeks scapegoats for his own shortcomings by blaming the easiest target he can find, that is, shallow drongos. Blazing Rodent's objective is clear: to destroy our youths' ability to relax, reflect, study, and meditate eventually. Blazing Rodent has no real regard for other people's rights, privacy, or sanity. Sounds pretty officious, doesn't it? But is it any more so than Blazing Rodent's laughable, irrational analects?

Whatever else may be the case, it is certain that Blazing Rodent has a stout belief in astrology, the stars representing the twinkling penumbra of his incandescent belief in savagism. There are legitimate conflicts of interest in any society. What is necessary is together to create just institutions within which those conflicts can be adjudicated and fairly resolved. Before this effort can commence, though, we must recognize that my purpose here is not to think outside the box. Well, okay, it is. But I should point out that Blazing Rodent claims to have data supporting his assertion that he commands an army of robots that live in the hollow center of the earth and produce earthquakes whenever they feel like shaking things up a bit on the surface. Naturally, he insists that he can't actually show us that data"for some unspecified reason, of course. My guess is that he's hiding something. Maybe he's hiding the fact that he claims to have donated a lot of money to charity over the past few years. I suspect that the nullibicity of those donations would become apparent if one were to audit Blazing Rodent's books"unless, of course, "charity" includes Blazing Rodent-run organizations that meddle in everyone else's affairs. In that case, I'd say that as our society continues to unravel, more and more people will be grasping for straws, grasping for something to hold onto, grasping for something that promises to give them the sense of security and certainty that they so desperately need. These are the classes of people Blazing Rodent preys upon. In summary, careful examination of Blazing Rodent's pleas have left me no choice but to conclude that there doesn't seem to be much we can do about this. Is anyone listening? Does anyone care?
~ResponsiblyIrresponsible

DDO's Economics Messiah
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 8:00:17 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
ResponsiblyIrresponsible is well known among academic and intellectual esoteric circles as a quack and fraud of the highest form and it has been my great displeasure to listen to one of his so-called lectures which have always left a lingering and persistent bitter taste in my mouth. His incoherent ramblings on monetary policy always fail to account for the intricacies of inflationary development, the wage loss gap, and portfolio investment schemes which shape and influence our economy like an architect shapes and influences a building project.

His knowledge of the fiscal issues which plague our nation are on par with a child's supposed knowledge of college-level mathematics. Those who have taken advice from him have reported a sharp decline in asset values and devastating market forfeitures. The philosophical implications of market principles and the natural laws which govern such are subjects which ResponsiblyIrresponsible has adamantly refused to study up on despite repeated warnings from many of his colleagues, the poor fellow having become an utter slave to his own hubris.

I say the words "poor fellow" reluctantly for most of his infantile economic fantasies are due to his own desire to appear intelligent without spending the time and money to learn the facts from proper sources, such as Friedrich Hayek, but the fact remains apparent to all that ResponsiblyIrresponsible is a man to be pitied, if he can even be called a man.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2016 11:47:24 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 8:00:17 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
ResponsiblyIrresponsible is well known among academic and intellectual esoteric circles as a quack and fraud of the highest form and it has been my great displeasure to listen to one of his so-called lectures which have always left a lingering and persistent bitter taste in my mouth. His incoherent ramblings on monetary policy always fail to account for the intricacies of inflationary development, the wage loss gap, and portfolio investment schemes which shape and influence our economy like an architect shapes and influences a building project.

His knowledge of the fiscal issues which plague our nation are on par with a child's supposed knowledge of college-level mathematics. Those who have taken advice from him have reported a sharp decline in asset values and devastating market forfeitures. The philosophical implications of market principles and the natural laws which govern such are subjects which ResponsiblyIrresponsible has adamantly refused to study up on despite repeated warnings from many of his colleagues, the poor fellow having become an utter slave to his own hubris.

I say the words "poor fellow" reluctantly for most of his infantile economic fantasies are due to his own desire to appear intelligent without spending the time and money to learn the facts from proper sources, such as Friedrich Hayek, but the fact remains apparent to all that ResponsiblyIrresponsible is a man to be pitied, if he can even be called a man.

Dang, that was a good analysis.

No offense to RI though. Then again, Berkeley teaches Keynesian economics like the Muhammad University of Islam teaches Muslim doctrine.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,079
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2016 1:41:51 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/17/2016 11:47:24 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/17/2016 8:00:17 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
ResponsiblyIrresponsible is well known among academic and intellectual esoteric circles as a quack and fraud of the highest form and it has been my great displeasure to listen to one of his so-called lectures which have always left a lingering and persistent bitter taste in my mouth. His incoherent ramblings on monetary policy always fail to account for the intricacies of inflationary development, the wage loss gap, and portfolio investment schemes which shape and influence our economy like an architect shapes and influences a building project.

His knowledge of the fiscal issues which plague our nation are on par with a child's supposed knowledge of college-level mathematics. Those who have taken advice from him have reported a sharp decline in asset values and devastating market forfeitures. The philosophical implications of market principles and the natural laws which govern such are subjects which ResponsiblyIrresponsible has adamantly refused to study up on despite repeated warnings from many of his colleagues, the poor fellow having become an utter slave to his own hubris.

I say the words "poor fellow" reluctantly for most of his infantile economic fantasies are due to his own desire to appear intelligent without spending the time and money to learn the facts from proper sources, such as Friedrich Hayek, but the fact remains apparent to all that ResponsiblyIrresponsible is a man to be pitied, if he can even be called a man.

Dang, that was a good analysis.

No offense to RI though. Then again, Berkeley teaches Keynesian economics like the Muhammad University of Islam teaches Muslim doctrine.

I was trying to mimic the rant generator. I don't actually have anything against RI.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2016 1:35:16 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
How we got medium sized dogs

http://youtu.be...

Why Rapists are Afraid

http://youtu.be...

Racism still Exists

http://youtu.be...

Deeply emotional video, profound

http://youtu.be...

The End
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,675
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2016 10:09:53 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/18/2016 1:41:51 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 1/17/2016 11:47:24 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 1/17/2016 8:00:17 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
ResponsiblyIrresponsible is well known among academic and intellectual esoteric circles as a quack and fraud of the highest form and it has been my great displeasure to listen to one of his so-called lectures which have always left a lingering and persistent bitter taste in my mouth. His incoherent ramblings on monetary policy always fail to account for the intricacies of inflationary development, the wage loss gap, and portfolio investment schemes which shape and influence our economy like an architect shapes and influences a building project.

His knowledge of the fiscal issues which plague our nation are on par with a child's supposed knowledge of college-level mathematics. Those who have taken advice from him have reported a sharp decline in asset values and devastating market forfeitures. The philosophical implications of market principles and the natural laws which govern such are subjects which ResponsiblyIrresponsible has adamantly refused to study up on despite repeated warnings from many of his colleagues, the poor fellow having become an utter slave to his own hubris.

I say the words "poor fellow" reluctantly for most of his infantile economic fantasies are due to his own desire to appear intelligent without spending the time and money to learn the facts from proper sources, such as Friedrich Hayek, but the fact remains apparent to all that ResponsiblyIrresponsible is a man to be pitied, if he can even be called a man.

Dang, that was a good analysis.

No offense to RI though. Then again, Berkeley teaches Keynesian economics like the Muhammad University of Islam teaches Muslim doctrine.

I was trying to mimic the rant generator. I don't actually have anything against RI.

I am writing this letter rather reluctantly. I do not wish to begin an incendiary debate about Vox_Veritas's mimicking of the rant generator's beliefs (as I would certainly not call them logically reasoned arguments). However, Vox_Veritas's mimicking of the rant generator has recently made a few statements that I find disturbing to such a degree that I cannot remain silent. The points I plan to make in this letter will sound tediously familiar to everyone who wants to stop defending the wanton status quo and, instead, implement a bold, new agenda for change. Nevertheless, it wants us to feel sorry for the petty Svengalis who reward those who knowingly or unknowingly play along with its bruta fulmina while punishing those who oppose them. I think we should instead feel sorry for their victims, all of whom know full well that in the immediate years ahead, Vox_Veritas's mimicking of the rant generator's hatred of all things pure and good will erupt like Mt. Vesuvius, scattering the ashes of cynicism over everyone in its path. You don't need to be the smartest guy on the planet to figure that out. Heck, even the lowliest Joe Six-Pack knows that it has been said that Vox_Veritas's mimicking of the rant generator always gives noncommittal answers to questions. I believe that to be true. I also believe that if it thinks its fibs represent progress, Vox_Veritas's mimicking of the rant generator should rethink its definition of progress.

It's unfortunate that Vox_Veritas's mimicking of the rant generator has no real morals. It's impossible to debate important topics with organizations that are so ethically handicapped. Vox_Veritas's mimicking of the rant generator loves generating drama and conflict. That's why it repeatedly insists that education and open-mindedness are some kind of liability. It's also why it believes in overthrowing western civilization through the destruction of its four pillars"family, nation, religion, and democracy. Whenever Vox_Veritas's mimicking of the rant generator announces that public opinion is a reliable indicator of what's true and what isn't, its buddies applaud on cue and the accolades are long and ostentatious. What's funny is that they don't provide similar feedback whenever I tell them that if Vox_Veritas's mimicking of the rant generator wants to be taken seriously, it should counter the arguments in this letter with facts, not illogical panaceas, personal anecdotes, or insults.

Vox_Veritas's mimicking of the rant generator has been expanding, augmenting, and intensifying the size and intrusiveness of its klatch of disorganized gauleiters. Alas, Vox_Veritas's mimicking of the rant generator doesn't stop there. In fact, it can't stop there because it's determined to disprove that it says it's going to pull the levers of Pyrrhonism and oil the gears of isolationism before you know it. Good old Vox_Veritas's mimicking of the rant generator. It just loves to open its mouth and let all kinds of things come out without listening to how deluded they sound. In summary, it is my prayer that people everywhere will join me in my quest to put the kibosh on Vox_Veritas's mimicking of the rant generator's convictions.
tajshar2k
Posts: 2,385
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 12:44:37 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/25/2016 11:58:31 PM, BlazingRodent wrote:
At 1/25/2016 10:17:29 PM, tajshar2k wrote:
At 1/17/2016 2:04:38 AM, BlazingRodent wrote:
Best Post Wins

k

Best Post so far

https://media.giphy.com...
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k