Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Empires Mafia - Results

Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 7:45:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Congrats to the winners:
01) tvellalott
04) innomen
05) lovelife
06) annhasle
07) mongoose
11) JBlake
12) xxdarkxx

Second Place:
02) Marauder
03) alex_hanson911
08) theLwerd
09) sac8

Last Place:
10) comoncents

Roles:
comoncents - You are Roman Empire, the CULT LEADER. In an effort to increase the loyalty of those you conquer, you developed and encouraged your citizenry to participate in an Imperial Cult. Each Night Phase you may recruit a member of the town to your cult. This cult can never be more than two members in size and you die in the event that you recruit a Mafioso. You win when the cult is equal in number to the rest of the living players.

alex_hanson911 - You are Macedonian Empire, the GOON. Alexander the Great may have been a great warmonger, but he can't hold a candle to Genghis Khan. You have no special abilities other than to carry out the Mafia's night kill. You win with the MAFIA.

You are Xin Dynasty (lovelife), Qin Dynasty (JBlake), and Liu Song Dynasty (annhassle) respectively. You three are the MASONS. Being three Chinese Dynasties you feel loyalty to one another in the confusing situation that has arisen. In addition to sharing a PM with one-another you also have the collective power of the JACK OF ALL TRADES. Your powers are (all one-shot) COP, VIGILANTE, DOCTOR, and WATCHER. Since this is a collective role you may only use one power per Night Phase. You three win with the TOWN.

sac8 - You are Mongol Empire, the GODFATHER. Genghis Khan and his armies struck fear into the hearts off all whom they opposed. You come up innocent when investigated and have the final say when determining who the mafia kills. You win with the MAFIA.

innomen - You are Ottoman Empire, the ONE-SHOT COP. Your empire lasted from 1299 to 1923., During this time you gained a lot of experience. You're the empirical equivalent of the seasoned veteran who can read other people (empires) and guess their intentions. Each night (up to three Night Phases) you may target one person and learn whether they are innocent or guilty. You win with the TOWN.

marauder - You are British Empire, the ROLE-BLOCKER. Normally, I would include some reasoning for why I paired your character with your role, but since you're the role-blocker people will assume that you're a Mafioso. I'd advise you to think of some justification for the role you fake. Each Night Phase you may target a person and that person will be unable to use their role for that Night Phase. You win with the MAFIA.

tvellalot - You are Russian Empire, the REGULAR TOWNIE. Your territory is vast, but nothing really happened of unique, historical, international significance happened during your tenure as an empire. You may have expanded a bit south of what Russia currently is, but that's about it. You win with the TOWN.

theLwerd - You are Japanese Empire, the NINJA. The reasoning for giving you this role should be obvious. During ONE Day Phase you may kill a player to prematurely end it. On the following Night Phase the Mafia may not make a normal kill. You win with the MAFIA.

mongoose - You are Sikh Empire, the TWO-SHOT VIGILANTE. It might not be entirely apparent why I game this role to this empire. It's because of the Sihk warriors as described on the hit television show Deadliest Warrior. Each Night Phase (up to two Night Phases) you may target a person and that person will die. YOU win with the TOWN.

xxdarkxx - You are Neo-Babylonian Empire, the THREE-SHOT DOCTOR. This is one of the most peaceful empires that I researched. Doctors are peaceful people, so the role fits. Each Night Phase (up to three Night Phases) you may target a person and they will be protected from death for that night. You win with the town.

Notes:
- I should have said at the beginning of the game that I know VERY LITTLE about historical empires and created the game in about an hour using Wikipedia. As a matter of fact, the mafia team was created using a RNG.
- Should not have started the game with three masons and no recruiter, made it too easy to confirm people.
- Town was slightly overpowered and mafia was underpowered, though there were only 7 pro-townies.
- Game probably would have been better had the Cult Leader not tried to recruit a mafia member right off the bat. In the future I think I will make it so that when cult tries to recruit mafia they instead are told they got role-blocked.
- Instead of trying to get the game going fast I should have checked it over for balance.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 8:45:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Good work JBlake. You did well.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2010 5:44:48 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
To be honest Korashk this is my favorite of all the games you've hosted thus far. I really hate most themed games for the reason of character claiming, BUT, at least here there were a plethora of Empires to choose from which was a benefit for the mafia. I don't think the mafia was significantly under-powered.

I also think the masons shared role was a great idea, though in addition to making it too easy to confirm people it also made it too hard to role block. I'd say 3 would be okay in a big game but for a small game should have probably been limited to 2.
President of DDO
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2010 6:03:10 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/22/2010 7:45:27 PM, Korashk wrote:
- Game probably would have been better had the Cult Leader not tried to recruit a mafia member right off the bat. In the future I think I will make it so that when cult tries to recruit mafia they instead are told they got role-blocked.

Yeah, I never had a chance.
It was fun though. I tried for Lwerd, she seemed "good."
I was moving toward Jblake, and just made the bad choice.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2010 10:29:06 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/23/2010 6:03:10 AM, comoncents wrote:
At 10/22/2010 7:45:27 PM, Korashk wrote:
- Game probably would have been better had the Cult Leader not tried to recruit a mafia member right off the bat. In the future I think I will make it so that when cult tries to recruit mafia they instead are told they got role-blocked.


Yeah, I never had a chance.
It was fun though. I tried for Lwerd, she seemed "good."
I was moving toward Jblake, and just made the bad choice.

This is part of why I figured theLwerd was mafioso.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2010 10:31:41 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
It was never explained why suspision was turned to me and mongoose. I dont see what I did to earn it, yes I did start the pressure to lynch Tv, but the vanilla claim gave it logical reasons.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2010 2:25:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/23/2010 10:31:41 AM, Marauder wrote:
It was never explained why suspision was turned to me and mongoose. I dont see what I did to earn it, yes I did start the pressure to lynch Tv, but the vanilla claim gave it logical reasons.

heh
Yeah, I did push things along kind of quickly without much explanation, didn't I. Oops. It worked though.

The suspicion of you was not as important as the role claims. It was just a matter of process of elimination at the end. I knew ann and I were innocent. The doctor and cop roles were obviously legitimate. That just left you and alexhanson. There really wasn't much you could do. We would have killed you both no matter what defense you put up. I think your only option was to both CC doctor and vigilante. Even then, we would have had to choose wrong on both of them for you guys to win.

Good game.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2010 2:33:15 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/23/2010 10:29:06 AM, mongoose wrote:
At 10/23/2010 6:03:10 AM, comoncents wrote:
At 10/22/2010 7:45:27 PM, Korashk wrote:
- Game probably would have been better had the Cult Leader not tried to recruit a mafia member right off the bat. In the future I think I will make it so that when cult tries to recruit mafia they instead are told they got role-blocked.


Yeah, I never had a chance.
It was fun though. I tried for Lwerd, she seemed "good."
I was moving toward Jblake, and just made the bad choice.

This is part of why I figured theLwerd was mafioso.

Yeah, I would have also.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2010 2:33:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I was sad when I died and thought it was a mod kill at first lol, I had n clue why I wold have been killed tho.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2010 2:58:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 10/23/2010 5:44:48 AM, theLwerd wrote:
To be honest Korashk this is my favorite of all the games you've hosted thus far. I really hate most themed games for the reason of character claiming, BUT, at least here there were a plethora of Empires to choose from which was a benefit for the mafia. I don't think the mafia was significantly under-powered.

The Fire Emblem games I host don't really have the problem of claiming basically leads to confirmation either. I steer away from using main characters and provide a complete list of possible characters that usually includes over 40 characters.

I also think the masons shared role was a great idea, though in addition to making it too easy to confirm people it also made it too hard to role block.

Heh, you guys did role-block them the first night phase.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2010 8:37:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm usre you all get my reasoning now, but if not I'll explain.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave