Kung Pow MAFIA - Results

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2010 11:10:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
1st Place - The Fool
theLwerd: You are WIMP LO, the FOOL. You were trained wrong, as a joke. You think losing is winning. You only win if you are lynched.
------------------------------------

2nd Place - The Bad Guys
sac8: You are BETTY, the ONE-SHOT MAFIA RECRUITER and ONE-SHOT ASSASSIN. You were formally known as Master Pain and you're a very bad man. You want to kill THE CHOSEN ONE because of his mystical power. During any night phase you can choose to recruit one VANILLA TOWNIE into the BAD GUYS. If you use this ability on a non-VANILLA TOWNIE (including any BULLETPROOF character), it is wasted. During any one night phase you can choose to kill one character on top of the BAD GUYS night-kill. You are aligned with the BAD GUYS and win with the BAD GUYS.

JBlake: You are MOO NIEU, the ROLE-BLOCKER. You are Betty's most deadly warrior. You are also a cow. Every night you can choose one player and any ability they use will be cancelled. You are aligned with the BAD GUYS and win with the BAD GUYS.

mongoose: You are CHEW FAT LIP, the VANILLA MAFIA. You hold Master Pain's stereo. You are aligned with the BAD GUYS and win with the BAD GUYS.

oceanix: You are RANDOM FODDER, the VANILLA MAFIA. You are aligned with the BAD GUYS and win with the BAD GUYS. (Originally Town)
-----------------------------------------------------

Last Place - The Good Guys
wjmelements: You are THE CHOSEN ONE, the ONE-SHOT BULLETPROOF JACK OF ALL TRADES. Your parents were killed by Master Pain and his henchmen when you were a baby. You fought them off and escaped and now you wonder the wilderness under constant attack by the evil council. Each night you can choose to PROTECT, KILL or INVESTIGATE one other player. You can only use each of these abilities once.

Koopin: You are WHOA, the TRACKER. You have one big boob in the middle of your chest. You bring THE CHOSEN ONE cryptic messages. Each night you may choose one character and you will see who they visited. The WATCHER'S ability will not work on you. However you may only speak once per day phase, preferably in the form of a riddle. You are aligned with the town and win with the town.

Zetsubou: You are DOG, the ONE-SHOT BULLETPROOF. You are THE CHOSEN ONE'S best friend. You are aligned with the GOOD GUYS and win with the GOOD GUYS.

BQP: You are SOME GUY IN THE BACKGROUND, the VANILLA TOWNIE. You are aligned with the GOOD GUYS and win with the GOOD GUYS.

Korashk: You are UNNAMED MARTIAL ARTIST, the VANILLA TOWNIE. You are aligned with the GOOD GUYS and win with the GOOD GUYS.

innomen: You are MASTER TANG, the WATCHER. You are a stereotypical old Kung-Fu master. You are also quite deranged. Each night you may choose one character and you will see who visited them. You are aligned with the GOOD GUYS and win with the GOOD GUYS.

wush: You are LING, the DOCTOR. You have feelings for THE CHOSEN ONE. You care for the GOOD GUYS when they are injured. Each night you may choose one player and prevent them from being killed.
-----------------------------------------------

What Happened?!

DAY ONE:
Wush(Doctor) Lynched: studentathletechristian8, mongoose, JBlake, theLwerd, BellumQuodPacis, Zetsubou, Korashk

NIGHT ONE:
Innomen(Watcher) watches JBlake – Jblake visited theLwerd
Koopin(Tracker) tracks JBlake – No-one visited JBlake
Wjmelements(JOAT) investigates Zetsubou - Innocent
JBlake(Role-blocker) blocks Lwerd
sac8(Recruiter) R]recruits oceanix – Successful!
sac8(Assassin) kills Innomen
Mafia(mongoose) kills wjmelements – Protected by Bulletproof Status

DAY TWO:
theLwerd(Fool) Lynched: Zetsubou, sac8, Korashk, oceanix, JBlake, theLwerd

NIGHT TWO:
Wjmelements(JOAT) Forfeits Night Action
Mafia(mongoose) kills Korashk
JBlake(Role-blocker) blocks Zetsubou
------------------------------------------------

Mods Thoughts

So, my first game of mafia has come to a quick and rather disappointing end.
The original numbers were 8 town, 3 mafia and 1 third party, which seemed quite fair. I fear that the number of vanilla roles might have made people disinterested and it didn't seem that anyone knew the story, because Wimp Lo was an obvious fool. No one questioned L's counter claim and it pretty much cost the town the game.

I must apologise, because I willingly assisted in the mafia choosing oceanix as the recruit. You see, Night One town got their actions in very quickly and in eagerness to get the next day phase going, I told the mafia that all the town roles were in and I was only waiting for them. Of course, sac8 went and looked at which players had been online and deduced that oceanix was Vanilla because he hadn't been online during the night phase at all. Fvck. Again, I apologise as this also heavily contributed to the town loss. It wasn't at all intentional

Despite the mafias quick victory, I don't think mafia were particularly overpowered.

What does everyone else think?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 12:20:47 AM
For small games giving the mafia compounded kills pretty much always guarantees their win.

Begin with --> 9 - 3
Lynch Townie --> 8 -3
Two kills plus recruit --> 5 - 4

Potentially puts town in a lynch or lose scenario on DP2 without even realizing it.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 4:19:07 AM
At 10/29/2010 12:20:47 AM, Korashk wrote:
For small games giving the mafia compounded kills pretty much always guarantees their win.

Begin with --> 9 - 3
Lynch Townie --> 8 -3

Potentially puts town in a lynch or lose scenario on DP2 without even realizing it.

Yes, but the town was highly powered too.

Muh threads
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 6:24:30 AM
At 10/29/2010 4:19:07 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 10/29/2010 12:20:47 AM, Korashk wrote:

Begin with --> 9 - 3
Lynch Townie --> 8 -3

Yes, but the town was highly powered too.

You'll come to notice that the only way the town can be highly powered is through numbers. No amount of good roles can save the town really. It's just how it works.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 6:42:58 AM
At 10/29/2010 6:37:27 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
A JOAT(Mafia or town) can't use two moves in a NP. SAC8 recruited and killed.

This was a stupid set up.

Mafia having two kill roles a NP? u dun doofed.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 6:55:49 AM
You're right about Mafia Assassin & Recruiter using both on the same night. Fvck.

Oh well, you learn. It was my first game and town had terrible luck.

Muh threads
BellumQuodPacis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 8:13:23 AM
At 10/29/2010 6:55:49 AM, tvellalott wrote:
You're right about Mafia Assassin & Recruiter using both on the same night. Fvck.

Oh well, you learn. It was my first game and town had terrible luck.

No. Town didnt heed my advice of killing good players on n1.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 1:42:26 PM
And NOBODY heeded my advice that she was the Jester.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 1:48:54 PM
At 10/29/2010 6:31:45 AM, BellumQuodPacis wrote:
So....uh....the good players...yeah....they die n1 now...like I said ages ago...

What are you talking about? You keep saying this but as far as I can tell it has nothing to do with anything.

Also, could mongoose be anymore obviously mafia?! Holy balls. Saying that I was probably the Jester was a dead giveaway considering only the mafia would know that I was not mafia after lying. The town should have lynched him immediately, and if I were town, I would have pointed that out right away. The fact that JBlake didn't point it out right away was also an indication that he was mafia, because obvious is obvious.

I didn't pay any attention to this game because all I had to do was get myself lynched and I did that right away. However I don't think at first glance that anyone was too overpowered.
President of DDO
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 2:23:27 PM
At 10/29/2010 1:48:54 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 10/29/2010 6:31:45 AM, BellumQuodPacis wrote:
So....uh....the good players...yeah....they die n1 now...like I said ages ago...

What are you talking about? You keep saying this but as far as I can tell it has nothing to do with anything.

Also, could mongoose be anymore obviously mafia?! Holy balls. Saying that I was probably the Jester was a dead giveaway considering only the mafia would know that I was not mafia after lying. The town should have lynched him immediately, and if I were town, I would have pointed that out right away. The fact that JBlake didn't point it out right away was also an indication that he was mafia, because obvious is obvious.

I didn't pay any attention to this game because all I had to do was get myself lynched and I did that right away. However I don't think at first glance that anyone was too overpowered.

I was thinking more along the lines of NOBODY falsely counterclaims without pressure unless a Jester is involved.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 2:41:07 PM
At 10/29/2010 2:26:12 PM, Koopin wrote:
Poop.

Oh well, Koopin's riddle was good.
Obvious message was obvious.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 4:29:53 PM
At 10/29/2010 2:41:07 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 10/29/2010 2:26:12 PM, Koopin wrote:
Poop.

Oh well, Koopin's riddle was good.
Obvious message was obvious.

Obvious good rhymes are obvious.
kfc
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2010 12:52:24 PM
At 10/30/2010 5:33:48 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 10/29/2010 4:54:26 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
This ended after dp2?

Crap modding was crap.

It wasn't remotely just tv's fault.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2010 1:26:55 PM
At 10/30/2010 12:52:24 PM, Korashk wrote:
This ended after dp2?

Crap modding was crap.

It wasn't remotely just tv's fault that this ended after dp2?

Well it was just his fault but mainly his fault.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2010 1:27:12 PM
At 10/30/2010 1:26:55 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
This ended after dp2?

Crap modding was crap.

Well it wasn't just his fault but mainly his fault.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2010 2:18:58 PM
At 10/30/2010 1:27:12 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 10/30/2010 1:26:55 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
This ended after dp2?

Crap modding was crap.

Well it wasn't just his fault but mainly his fault.

Do you have something constructive to say or are you just being a douchebag? This was my first game modding. I made mistakes. I'm aware of the mistakes I made. I've apologised for the mistakes I made. So get fvcked.

Muh threads
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2010 2:49:13 PM
If you want a little critique for a small game, you may want to reconsider the role you gave me.

I thought I was a little overpowered. I was able to recruit and use the extra kill in one night. If the mafia's regular kill had gone through during the first night phase, this game may have ended after L's lynch without the need for a second night phase.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2010 2:54:55 PM
At 10/30/2010 2:49:13 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
If you want a little critique for a small game, you may want to reconsider the role you gave me.

I thought I was a little overpowered. I was able to recruit and use the extra kill in one night. If the mafia's regular kill had gone through during the first night phase, this game may have ended after L's lynch without the need for a second night phase.

I totally agree. I should have only let you use one of your powers per night.

Muh threads
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2010 2:55:26 PM
At 10/30/2010 2:49:13 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

Mafia can only win at the start of the DP. Even if the lynch gives the Mafia a majority the NP must be carried out.

@tv - that was constructive, I argued against Korashk, what would be unconstructive is me calling you a n0oB mod for the sake of it. The reply to wjm may be seen as unconstructive, however.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2010 3:01:35 PM
At 10/30/2010 2:55:26 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
@tv - that was constructive, I argued against Korashk, what would be unconstructive is me calling you a n0oB mod for the sake of it. The reply to wjm may be seen as unconstructive, however.

Look back at your posts.
"This set-up was stupid"
"You dun goofed"
"Crap modding was crap"

Give me a break. Post a link to your first modding game so I can see how perfect you are.

Muh threads
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2010 3:17:54 PM
At 10/30/2010 3:01:35 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 10/30/2010 2:55:26 PM, Zetsubou wrote:

Look back at your posts.
"This set-up was stupid"
1st time.
"You dun goofed"
I said "Doofed" my mistake. This was in addition to my first comment.
"Crap modding was crap"
Yeah, I admitted that this one was up for question.

Give me a break. Post a link to your first modding game so I can see how perfect you are.

Sure:
http://www.debate.org...

====================
It appears you memorised my quotes.... take it easy, lol. You made a mistake, people make them. y u mad?
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2010 4:36:40 PM
Roles don't effect games nearly as much as numbers do. When you assign roles you need to keep how the ratio will be effected, for instance with 14 players it should be around:

10 town
3 mafia
1 3rd party (or 11 town)

Extra kills and recruitments are used with caution especially in small games. Keep ratios in mind, is my main advice.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2010 4:37:56 PM
At 10/30/2010 4:36:40 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
Roles don't effect games nearly as much as numbers do. When you assign roles you need to keep how the ratio will be effected, for instance with 14 players it should be around:

10 town
3 mafia
1 3rd party (or 11 town)

Extra kills and recruitments are used with caution especially in small games. Keep ratios in mind, is my main advice.

To go a little further, when you give a mafia a special ability it is typical to do something like take their regular kill away (say if they were doing a recruitment) this keeps it more balanced.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?