Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 3:37:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
http://www.thercg.org...

http://www.dumblaws.com...
"Children are not to go trick-or-treating on Halloween."

"On Halloween, children may only "trick-or-treat" from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM, and if Halloween falls on a Sunday, they must "trick-or-treat" on October 30 during this same time interval."

http://www.idiotlaws.com...
"You must get a permit to wear a mask on halloween"

Happy Halloween
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 3:39:54 PM
I just had a fantastic Hallowe'en. (Spell it right you Christians!)

No stupid laws in Ireland :3
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 3:43:01 PM
At 10/31/2010 3:42:22 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I had no idea Ireland was an Anarchy. Sweat!

No stupid laws =/= No laws at all.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 3:43:39 PM
At 10/31/2010 3:40:20 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 10/31/2010 3:39:54 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

None at all?

Well, regarding Hallowe'en. There are some silly ones in regards to abortion, drugs, prostitution, and some other stuff.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 3:46:47 PM

Really?

http://theimpudentobserver.com... <---- lol most of DDO would be in Irish prison.

http://www.weird-websites.info...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 3:48:54 PM
At 10/31/2010 3:43:39 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 10/31/2010 3:40:20 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

None at all?

Well, regarding Hallowe'en. There are some silly ones in regards to abortion, drugs, prostitution, and some other stuff.

Oh well in that case I can't find any right now pertaining to Halloween
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 3:53:05 PM
In Japan, "women are legally obliged to wear bra's in buildings with air conditioning. Because men get too aroused looking at their hard nipples."

Lol.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 3:57:13 PM
At 10/31/2010 3:53:05 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
In Japan, "women are legally obliged to wear bra's in buildings with air conditioning. Because men get too aroused looking at their hard nipples."

Lol.

Lmfao. In japan, who cares if the men get aroused, its not like there's anything big enough to get distracted over
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 3:57:25 PM
At 10/31/2010 3:43:01 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

No stupid laws =/= No laws at all.

But to an Anarchist, all laws are stupid, so "no stupid laws" does equal "no laws at all."
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 4:08:35 PM
At 10/31/2010 3:57:13 PM, lovelife wrote:

Lol.

Lmfao. In japan, who cares if the men get aroused, its not like there's anything big enough to get distracted over

Wrong "According to various data--gathered by people who, regardless of their compensation are clearly not being paid enough--the average size of Japanese wood is in the range of 5.1- to 5.35-inches. Is that a lot? Well, if top American wangologists are to be believed, your typical USDA approved hot beef injector is somewhere between 5 to 6 inches. Obviously certain well-endowed individuals will inflate the overall data (And we do apologize for it. It's more of a curse, really--people recoil when we unzip, they scream, they run, there's usually a hostage situation) but as far as science is concerned, Japanese and Western penises aren't different enough to be noticeable."

That's cracked
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 4:11:29 PM
I, along with my family, believe in witches so I(by instruction) forbid my little brother to celebrate Halloween.

inb4 secular rage
'sup DDO -- july 2013
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 4:16:07 PM
At 10/31/2010 4:08:35 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 10/31/2010 3:57:13 PM, lovelife wrote:

Lol.

Wrong "According to various data--gathered by people who, regardless of their compensation are clearly not being paid enough--the average size of Japanese wood is in the range of 5.1- to 5.35-inches. Is that a lot? Well, if top American wangologists are to be believed, your typical USDA approved hot beef injector is somewhere between 5 to 6 inches. Obviously certain well-endowed individuals will inflate the overall data (And we do apologize for it. It's more of a curse, really--people recoil when we unzip, they scream, they run, there's usually a hostage situation) but as far as science is concerned, Japanese and Western penises aren't different enough to be noticeable."

That's cracked

Lol. I'm scared about how they got the info.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 4:20:29 PM
At 10/31/2010 4:11:29 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
I, along with my family, believe in witches so I(by instruction) forbid my little brother to celebrate Halloween.

inb4 secular rage

Duh witches are real. Does that mean that Halloween can't be celebrated? I don't believe in God and all that but I find nothing wrong with Christmas. Also I hate how the whites treated the natives, so I hate whats behind Thanksgiving, but I still find nothing wrong with eating pie and such. I don't identify with the irish in me and I still celebrate in the pinching holiday of st patrick's day.

Why is Halloween any different, for you? (JW)
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 4:22:47 PM
At 10/31/2010 4:20:29 PM, lovelife wrote:

inb4 secular rage

Duh witches are real. Does that mean that Halloween can't be celebrated? I don't believe in God and all that but I find nothing wrong with Christmas. Also I hate how the whites treated the natives, so I hate whats behind Thanksgiving, but I still find nothing wrong with eating pie and such. I don't identify with the irish in me and I still celebrate in the pinching holiday of st patrick's day.

Witches as in evil, burn at the stake, witches. If I was atheist I wouldn't acknowledge Christmas at all.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 4:37:14 PM
At 10/31/2010 4:22:47 PM, Zetsubou wrote:

inb4 secular rage

Witches as in evil, burn at the stake, witches. If I was atheist I wouldn't acknowledge Christmas at all.

Well the way I see it (hope it doesn't fit into you secular prediction) is that even though I don't believe in God, Christmas is a good time to spend time with family, and exchange gifts showing that you do think of each other etc. A good time to bring familes closer together and be at peace.
Halloween, is also good in showing that sharing is good, especially with children, its also good because you can express yourself through costume. I like vampires so my costumes tend to be vampire themed, my mom likes family so for the ones too young to choose for themselves they get a family theme (mario and luigi, Pebbles and bam-bam, Shreck and Fiona)
Others prefer religous themes so choose to be preists, others prefer lighter things so choose butterflies, faries, puppies, others prefer sexual themes, and there are plenty to choose from for them.

Plus free candy=awesome.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 4:50:04 PM

inb4 secular rage

That's so stupid. You can't possibly be serious. I'm an atheist but I still celebrate Easter and Christmas. I enjoy the ritual eating, gift-giving and receiving (it becomes much more about receiving as you get older, fvck it) and general festivities of it. I went to Easter mass with my ex-girlfriend once, for the experience. It was so boring.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 4:57:33 PM

inb4 secular rage

Well, my mother is a witch so Halloween is fun for me. Kinda funny to watch my mom freak out about "inaccuracies" of witches today. Lol

Anyways, as an atheist, I don't celebrate the Christian Christmas or Easter. Really, I celebrate the Hallmark Christmas/Easter... Plus, it makes my family happy to have everyone together during the holidays. For some odd reason... Just another reason to drink, right?

I don't have to pray to Jesus to give them presents, man.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 5:00:30 PM
At 10/31/2010 4:57:33 PM, annhasle wrote:

inb4 secular rage

Well, my mother is a witch so Halloween is fun for me. Kinda funny to watch my mom freak out about "inaccuracies" of witches today. Lol

I could imagine.

Anyways, as an atheist, I don't celebrate the Christian Christmas or Easter. Really, I celebrate the Hallmark Christmas/Easter... Plus, it makes my family happy to have everyone together during the holidays. For some odd reason... Just another reason to drink, right?

Fvck yeah lol

I don't have to pray to Jesus to give them presents, man.

Exactly. Its little bigoted things like people believing atheists are evil people that eat babies, and drown puppies, burn ants, and steal from the homeless or whatever that I don't get. You can be atheist and a good person, that gives, and is involved in tradition etc.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 5:06:00 PM

Um, I assume she's Wiccan? If so, Halloween witches aren't the same as Wiccan witches.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 5:07:56 PM
At 10/31/2010 5:06:00 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Um, I assume she's Wiccan? If so, Halloween witches aren't the same as Wiccan witches.

Yes; I do believe everyone is aware of that. But it could still be offensive to real witches just the same as pregnant nuns may be offensive to real nuns. Really offense factor is why in some places it is illegal to dress up as a preist.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 5:10:56 PM

That's exactly my point. Yes, she is Wiccan. But she hates the "Halloween witches" since that's usually what people think of when "witch" comes up. There are similarities (of course) between the two like cauldrons, wands and spells.... But the negative connotation attached to all of that is aggravating for her.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2010 5:13:56 PM
At 10/31/2010 5:10:56 PM, annhasle wrote:

That's exactly my point. Yes, she is Wiccan. But she hates the "Halloween witches" since that's usually what people think of when "witch" comes up. There are similarities (of course) between the two like cauldrons, wands and spells.... But the negative connotation attached to all of that is aggravating for her.

Way negative http://www.halloweenplayground.com...
Its unbearable! lol

But I do understand your point.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 9:51:04 AM
At 10/31/2010 4:50:04 PM, tvellalott wrote:

inb4 secular rage

That's so stupid. You can't possibly be serious. I'm an atheist but I still celebrate Easter and Christmas. I enjoy the ritual eating, gift-giving and receiving (it becomes much more about receiving as you get older, fvck it)
You mean giving.
and general festivities of it. I went to Easter mass with my ex-girlfriend once, for the experience. It was so boring.
Truth from experience.

I see no gain in it. If I don't need to have a pretext when I give someone gift or when I receive one because of what is socially coherent/not deviant.

Christmas is a faux Christian celebration anyway.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 9:54:13 AM
At 11/1/2010 9:51:04 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
Christmas is a faux Christian celebration anyway.

Thank you. Idk any other Christian willing to admit that.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 9:55:55 AM

no dude, summer's over... it's chilly now.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."