Midway Presidential Update: The Admin Panel

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 5:46:09 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Intro

As many of you know, I established an administration panel to provide a group of people who could advise and contribute to our administration. Up until now, this panel has acted primarily in an ad hoc fashion, but we have decided to try, for the next 4 weeks, a pilot program in which some members of this panel take on specific sets of responsibilities (i.e. portfolios). These members will still participate in all group discussions, but they will also specialize in specific areas. It is our hope that this will increase the efficiency of the panels activities. Below is a list of the members given specific portfolios, as well as descriptions of those portfolios.

I posted this in the misc forum to avoid cluttering the main PM. I will repeat this information in my regular update as well.

Administration Panel Positions

Administration Director of the New User Membership Program, TheProphett

This person will be responsible for running the program in place of Zaradi. They will also evaluate and report back on its success. This person would work on promoting the program, and would be responsible for sending Zaradi regular updates on how it is going. Zaradi may co-lead the program with them for the first 14 days to help catch them up.

Special Advisory Panelist for Community Affairs, SolonKR

The job of this person is to recommend and promote community activities that this administration might sponsor; to be our liaison with longstanding activities like mafia, fate, and fan fiction; to help organize and run administration activities like DDO Jeopardy!, etc.

Special Advisory Panelist for Debating and Voting Issues, Tejretics

The job of this person is to recommend changes or updates into this administration's policies regarding debating and voting; to help organize and coordinate programs this administration launches which are designed to impact debating and voting; and to assist in promoting, testing, and evaluating administration policy in those areas.

Administration Director for the Bi-weekly Topics Program, 1harderthanyouthink

The job of this person is to run the bi-weekly topics program, and to evaluate and report back on its success. This person would work on promoting the program, and would be responsible for sending Saph regular updates on how it is going.

Special Advisory Panelist for Forums and Polls Issues, EndarkenedRationalist

The job of this person is to recommend changes or updates into this administration's policies regarding the forums and polls; to help organize and coordinate programs this administration launches which are designed to impact the forums and polls, including any future revival efforts; and to assist in promoting, testing, and evaluating administration policy in those areas.

Special Advisory Panelist for Wiki Affairs, 1harderthankyouthink

The job of this person is to recommend changes or updates into this administration's policies regarding the DDO Wiki; to help organize and coordinate programs this administration launches which are aimed at the Wiki; and to assist in promoting, testing, and evaluating administration policy towards the wiki. This position is not strictly the same as being a wiki admin.

Special Advisory Panelist for User Outreach and New User Affairs, Hayd

The job of this person is to recommend changes or updates into this administration's policies regarding the user outreach and new user affairs; to help organize and coordinate programs this administration launches which are aimed at informing users about the administration and its actions, and which are aimed at assisting new users; and to assist in promoting, testing, and evaluating administration policy towards those areas.

Administration Director for Tournament Affairs, Donald.Keller

The job of this person is to oversee, but not run, the tournament program, and to evaluate and report back on its success. By this, it is meant that the person should remind people when it is their turn to post their tournament, check in with mods of ongoing tournaments, help vet mods for official tournaments, etc. This person would work on promoting the program, and would be responsible for sending Saph regular updates on how it is going.

Administration Panelists without a Portfolio: Dalt, Cole, Taj, JBB, and Val

=====

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. I'd be happy to help.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 3:50:46 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Bumping.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 3:44:33 AM
At 2/12/2016 3:50:46 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Bumping.

Just now saw this. xD
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 4:10:06 AM
Bumping.

This is a cool idea. I wonder why I didn't know about your panel until now.. :P

Considering the large influx of new users every day, isn't it reasonable to say that Hayd need some help? Kinda a big job.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 4:10:33 AM
At 2/16/2016 4:10:06 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
Bumping.

Considering the large influx of new users every day, isn't it reasonable to say that Hayd need some help? Kinda a big job.

He will have help, of course.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 4:12:08 AM
At 2/16/2016 4:10:33 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Bumping.

Ok, I just say that and thought that there should be assistant positions for each main position on the panel, especially the one regarding new members. I see that position as the most important.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 4:21:27 AM
At 2/16/2016 4:12:08 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 2/16/2016 4:10:33 AM, bsh1 wrote:
Bumping.

Ok, I just say that and thought that there should be assistant positions for each main position on the panel, especially the one regarding new members. I see that position as the most important.

They will be able to enlist volunteers for things as needed, but I don't plan on creating assistant positions.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics