Jump to topic:

Desperate Itunes Help

Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 5:11:14 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I did some maintenance on my computer not long ago and ever since, I cannot download itunes.

I get the message "The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C\programFiles\ipod\bin\ipodservice.resources\de.lproj"

It requests that I try it again as an administrator however I'm on the administrator account and have already tried hitting the "Run as administrator" Button

I have tried everything, searched everywhere and cannot find an answer. I run Vista. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I'm not sure if maybe I deleted something important or what but...
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 5:13:49 PM
At 11/4/2010 5:12:09 PM, OreEle wrote:
What OP are you running?

OP? I know little about computers.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 5:15:02 PM
At 11/4/2010 5:13:49 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
At 11/4/2010 5:12:09 PM, OreEle wrote:
What OP are you running?

OP? I know little about computers.

Sorry, I meant OS (OP is a work thing, I'm spacing).

Operating System. Like Windows XP, Vista, or 7, or if you have a Mac then OS X
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 5:16:35 PM
At 11/4/2010 5:11:14 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
I did some maintenance on my computer not long ago and ever since, I cannot download itunes.

I get the message "The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C\programFiles\ipod\bin\ipodservice.resources\de.lproj"

It requests that I try it again as an administrator however I'm on the administrator account and have already tried hitting the "Run as administrator" Button

I have tried everything, searched everywhere and cannot find an answer. I run Vista. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I'm not sure if maybe I deleted something important or what but...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 5:21:44 PM
At 11/4/2010 5:16:35 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:

I need to work on my reading skills, lol.

Is your Vista the 32 bit or 64 bit?

And you are trying to download from the apple website, not some 3rd party site, correct?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 5:25:34 PM
At 11/4/2010 5:21:44 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 11/4/2010 5:16:35 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:

I need to work on my reading skills, lol.

Is your Vista the 32 bit or 64 bit?

And you are trying to download from the apple website, not some 3rd party site, correct?

32 bit and correct, apple site.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 5:28:01 PM
But really, Vista has alot of problems with it. Do you have any security programs on your computer. Such as McAfee, or Norton?
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 5:28:30 PM
At 11/4/2010 5:28:01 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
But really, Vista has alot of problems with it. Do you have any security programs on your computer. Such as McAfee, or Norton?

Pc tools spyware doctor/virus protection.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 5:28:59 PM

I have not used Vista, but from what I do know abut computers it sounds like you are having a problem with permissions.

Try going to the folder "ipod" or"ipod\bin\ipodservice.resources", and check to see if you have permission to modify the contents. Mac OSX has a "Get info" feature that tells you about the status, contents, last modified date, read/write permissions, and suchlike for the folder; perhaps Vista has something similar? It may be set to "read only", in which case there should be an option to set it to "read and write".

Let me know what you find.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 7:01:51 PM
When you say "you did some maintenance" what do you mean? Have you googled the specific error message you got? Google is a techies friend.

My easy answer would be the same as xxdarkxx's: Get Windows 7. It seriously rocks.

My second solution is a system backup and format the whole thing. This WILL work and your computer likes to have an enema every now and then.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2010 10:53:51 PM
At 11/4/2010 7:01:51 PM, tvellalott wrote:
When you say "you did some maintenance" what do you mean? Have you googled the specific error message you got? Google is a techies friend.

My easy answer would be the same as xxdarkxx's: Get Windows 7. It seriously rocks.

My second solution is a system backup and format the whole thing. This WILL work and your computer likes to have an enema every now and then.

I have windows 7 on my laptop and i do like it but i can't afford to put it on my desktop right now. And by doing maintenance I mean running CCcleaner, and uninstalling a bunch of stuff i don't use.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2010 7:39:01 AM
At 11/4/2010 10:53:51 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:

I have windows 7 on my laptop and i do like it but i can't afford to put it on my desktop right now. And by doing maintenance I mean running CCcleaner, and uninstalling a bunch of stuff i don't use.

Ummmm usually when you get windows 7 the cd key will work on 3 different computers.

Anyways, when you uninstalled i'm thinking you might have accidentally deleted something you actually need.
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2010 11:38:40 PM
At 11/5/2010 7:39:01 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 11/4/2010 10:53:51 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:

Ummmm usually when you get windows 7 the cd key will work on 3 different computers.

Anyways, when you uninstalled i'm thinking you might have accidentally deleted something you actually need.

I didn't get it, it just came on the laptop.

And yeah, that's what i'm thinking.