Jump to topic:

Is Roy Latham still around?

CodingSource
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 10:33:04 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
I see this from a poll: http://www.debate.org...

This is my comment: "Sciguy missed him. RoyLatham is one of the greatest debaters in DDO. In fact, it is the second best debater based on ELO ranking (Leaderboard). Since Mikal is the best noobsniper in DDO (He's top 1, actually), that would make RoyLatham the best. However, in my opinion, whiteflame or bluesteel is the best. There is a new RoyLatham, it is the young famousdebater, my mentor. We do not know, but he might die 2 months ago (who knows?). famousdebater is still 13 years old with a brain of that of a 30-year old."

I also think that he retired. And I think, because of his old age, he can't do what he is doing before. He just likes to rest.

Who misses Roy Latham?
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 10:43:37 AM
At 2/29/2016 10:33:04 AM, CodingSource wrote:

This is my comment: "Sciguy missed him. RoyLatham is one of the greatest debaters in DDO. In fact, it is the second best debater based on ELO ranking (Leaderboard). Since Mikal is the best noobsniper in DDO (He's top 1, actually), that would make RoyLatham the best. However, in my opinion, whiteflame or bluesteel is the best. There is a new RoyLatham, it is the young famousdebater, my mentor. We do not know, but he might die 2 months ago (who knows?). famousdebater is still 13 years old with a brain of that of a 30-year old."

I also think that he retired. And I think, because of his old age, he can't do what he is doing before. He just likes to rest.

Who misses Roy Latham?

When you grow up , do you wanna be like the best debaterer that's like everer liveded.?
CodingSource
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 10:45:31 AM
At 2/29/2016 10:43:37 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
When you grow up , do you wanna be like the best debaterer that's like everer liveded.?

I don't think so. My only objective is to be the greatest DDO debater.

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 10:50:34 AM

Who misses Roy Latham?

No being rude or nothing , but you seem like a person I would hate to know.
The way you carry your self 3 weeks In to DDO. ITS 2 MUCH 2 MUCH.
I suggest you tune it down a little. Luv u
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 10:53:55 AM
At 2/29/2016 10:50:34 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

Who misses Roy Latham?

Did I just say that out loud?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 11:34:40 AM

Who misses Roy Latham?

That's pretty ignorant. I'm not even sure you're capable of seeing the ageism in your post.

Oh what do I care, though.

I think he is alright and just has different interests that are occupying his time. I'm sure he'll continue to pop in occasionally. I see him post stuff on Facebook from time to time. I don't think he is dead.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 2:21:24 PM

Who misses Roy Latham?

Roy isn't on DDO much anymore. Simply because he's moved on and life has gotten more important for the guy. He still debates stuff on his facebook, but that's it. I remember when he returned for a small period of time and I wanted to debate him. He told me he didn't debate anymore. I wanted to debate him in order to redeem myself from my past debates against him.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 2:32:49 PM
He told me he preferred Facebook chatrooms over DDO. He comes on from time to time, though.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 4:16:18 PM

Thanks, though I don't think I'd class myself as that clever. And I doubt I'd ever be as good as Roy at debating.

Who misses Roy Latham?
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
CodingSource
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 12:07:41 PM
At 2/29/2016 4:16:18 PM, famousdebater wrote:

Thanks, though I don't think I'd class myself as that clever. And I doubt I'd ever be as good as Roy at debating.

Who misses Roy Latham?

C'mon mentor! There are 52 years left before you retire.. You're not yet even a highschool graduate yet I'm sure. Well, let's see.

CodingSource
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 12:09:17 PM

Who misses Roy Latham?

All I can say is love you too haha! I'm just addicted or something. Am I carrying myself? Haha!

CodingSource
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 3:17:33 PM

Who misses Roy Latham?

Wait a minute. For saying that, it means that you've been following me, or worse (stalking)? Don't be a stalker, my friend. Be a follower (or disciple).

famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 3:20:08 PM
At 3/2/2016 12:07:41 PM, CodingSource wrote:

Who misses Roy Latham?

C'mon mentor! There are 52 years left before you retire.. You're not yet even a highschool graduate yet I'm sure. Well, let's see.

That does rest on the assumption that I'm gonna be debating and constantly improving on my debating skills throughout my entire life until I retire. If I give up debating when I go university or get a job then my debating skills won't improve and they may even get worse. Although if I do become a lawyer (which I'm planning to be), then I guess I will be debating on a regular basis.
John Galsworthy
CodingSource
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 3:22:49 PM
At 3/2/2016 3:20:08 PM, famousdebater wrote:

Who misses Roy Latham?

That does rest on the assumption that I'm gonna be debating and constantly improving on my debating skills throughout my entire life until I retire. If I give up debating when I go university or get a job then my debating skills won't improve and they may even get worse. Although if I do become a lawyer (which I'm planning to be), then I guess I will be debating on a regular basis.

That's some awesome planning you got there famous. Have the longest period ever achieved in DDO. 5 decades, look at that figure. I may not be doing it if I get to college. College life in the Philippines, so far, is very busy and time consuming.

I think you will never get worse. Even if your skills decline, one thing that multiplies (or saves them) is experience. EXPERIENCE is a very valuable skill.

famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 3:27:48 PM
At 3/2/2016 3:22:49 PM, CodingSource wrote:
At 3/2/2016 3:20:08 PM, famousdebater wrote:

Who misses Roy Latham?

That's some awesome planning you got there famous. Have the longest period ever achieved in DDO. 5 decades, look at that figure. I may not be doing it if I get to college. College life in the Philippines, so far, is very busy and time consuming.

Ha, yeah maybe, but I doubt I'll have the time to stay on here for 5 decades - I don't even know if the site will still be up and running in 5 decades.

I think you will never get worse. Even if your skills decline, one thing that multiplies (or saves them) is experience. EXPERIENCE is a very valuable skill.

I agree, though if I stop debating for 10 or 20 years I doubt I'll be as good as was originally.
John Galsworthy
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 3:28:36 PM

Bsh1 just beat RoyLatham in terms of elo on the leaderboard.
John Galsworthy
CodingSource
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 5:30:36 PM
At 3/2/2016 3:28:36 PM, famousdebater wrote:

Also from the Leaderboard, RoyLatham is online as of this moment. :)

famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 5:41:40 PM
At 3/2/2016 5:30:36 PM, CodingSource wrote:
At 3/2/2016 3:28:36 PM, famousdebater wrote:

Also from the Leaderboard, RoyLatham is online as of this moment. :)

Yeah, he occasionally comes online.
John Galsworthy