DDO: Game Over -- Season 2, Episode 13

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 6:46:52 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Level XXVIII: The Battle of Lights // part II

"BREAKING NEWS: The three who escaped from the maximum security prison in St. Louis have been found, reports on their condition are sealed until further notice."

----
--------
THE CAVE
--------
----

The smoke filled the room around Minx, and burned through the air like a typhoon. It swirled about the center of the cavern, engulfing Minx in the smell of sulfur.
Minx backed up and lowered her staff. The smoke slowed down, and begun to lift, fading as it merged into the surroundings.

In the center of the cavern was Vicksan on one knee. His eyes to the ground...
"Come on, how are you still alive...?" Minx was frustrated.
"I gave you a chance..." Vicksan stood up and lifted his head. His skin was letting off heat and smoke, but he seemed unaffected.

"What?" Minx stepped away from him. "You're not even hurt..."
She noticed Vicksan's ring was gone from his finger. There it laid in his other hand, and his level became clear.

Vicksan: Ark Mage: Level 199.
Magic: Respected.

"WHAT! How can you be stronger! But..." Minx felt, for the first time since playing, a spark of fear crack down her spine... "But that's fine. Still only Respected. A GM half your level could beat you..."

Vicksan stepped his left foot forward and lifted his staff to her. "Chain-Link!"
"What?" Minx couldn't move. Sigils appeared above and below her, locking her in place. She tapped her staff on the ground to break the low-level hex.
"Life Leach." Vicksan hollered.
"Wait no!" Minx was struck by a bolt of lightning crackling from Vicksan's staff before she could react. The hex wasn't the trap, getting her to waste time on it was.... The lightning ran through her body, painfully absorbing her powers and health. The bolt reformed around her chest, and flew back to Vicksan, taking with it her life.

- 21,000 health.

"You know... I'm not much of a mage. What I am, though, is a good liar. Something I picked up from a close friend. You may have talent, but it doesn't help you face an opponent you know nothing about..." Vicksan explained. "See... I may not know many high-level spells, but I do know the difference between Spell Power and Strength... My attack doesn't need to match your level, if it's power is high."

Spell Power and Strength were different elements of a spell's power... Power was the amount of mana (and power) behind a spell, while Strength was it's level. Spells with a lot of Power but low Strength can be easy to negate, but does a lot of damage if it hits. Vicksan may not be able to use spells with alot of Strength, but he has plenty of mana to use...

"So you do..." Minx fell to her knees in shock after the hex finished wearing off. She saw Vicksan standing in full strength again... He had outdone her only because she underestimated him... Had she not, his spells would have been too easy to evade...

"You have one chance... Again... To leave." Vicksan explained to her.
"You've lost your advantage... You can't catch me off guard again..." Minx got back up. "I will get a hold of your little toy." Minx jumped forward, and teleported... Her body disappearing from before Vicksan.
She reappeared from behind, only for Vicksan to swing around and bring his staff hard against her cheek.

Minx stumbled back with a great fall. Collapsing onto the ground, Minx could barely feel her cheek... Underneath the numbness, it stung.

----
--------
MIDNIGHT
--------
----

"So this is Midnight... An' her allies." Monlizzy sat on the throne of Midnight, looking over Bluesteel and Daytona.
"You can cut the accent." Bluesteel was angered.
Daytona agreed, "You called us in here to listen to you. At least say something we can understand."
"Indeed." Monlizzy smiled with the anger they expressed. "Well you see. As the queen o' Midnight, I control your kingdoms as well."
Bluesteel spoke up, "Why should I care if you control Midnight? My alliance is to Emberly, and even that is a matter of circumstance."
"Well you see, my little Vassal, I hadn't forgotten your dungeons or my imprisonment." Lizzy explained. Her leather garments wrapped tightly around her as she sat. Her blondish black hair was clean, but seemed so filthy and messy.

"Explain your ramblings..." Bluesteel felt concern. "Explain what you mean."
"Just as well, I haven't forgotten all the many routes through your castle. So tell me, Vassal, have you fixed your walls yet?"
"no....." Bluesteel spoke under her breath.
"Your city belongs to Queen Monlizzy." Willblade spoke, "Taken with very little resistance. All our pirates had it easy."

"..." Bluesteel thought it over. "Damn you." She knew she had lost.
"Yes. Well, if you try anything, I have more power to destroy your town than you have to save it."
"Why? What's in it for you? The Goblins would simply destroy you, too." Daytona asked.
"I know. This was a matter of self-preservation. You see, the faster the great cities are all destroyed, the faster the apocalypse phase ends and the survivor phase starts. My crew and I can rule over a phase like that."
"What do you mean, all the great cities?" Bluesteel asked.

"We controlled the city of Garden Cradle and Stormy Fell. And I would have controlled Raven's Roost sooner if you didn't arrest me. Now I control Midnight and Raven's Roost." Monlizzy explained. "Now I control an empire... So I've been thinking... The Kingdom of Midnight sounds too small."

"So you united four kingdoms so you could destroy them all faster?" Bluesteel was awestruck by what Lizzy was claiming.
"Well. No.. Three kingdoms. I controlled Garden Cradle and Stormy Fell before all of this." Lizzy replied.
"And if Midnight and Raven's Roost wins?"
"Wins? How do you even pretend that could happen?" Monlizzy laughed.
"Midnight and Raven's Roost aren't weak. Our solders are powerful... Do not underestimate our coalition." Bluesteel responded to her laughter.
"I see. Well I'm going to make it stronger..." Monlizzy looked at Willblade.

Willblade threw his sword onto the ground. Ten sigils formed around it, giving off odd texts and symbols. A light in the center of each took shape in the form of a human. The lights took on the color and appearance of a player, each armed. The soldiers, having teleported into the throne room, begin for the door. As soon as the first soldiers left the sigils, more spawned, until nearly a few hundred had been brought into the throne room. Each having .had left the room to join the soldiers on the walls until no soldier remained in the room.

"And you will still lose." Monlizzy smiled. "I like that... Coalition... It sounds strong, official. Not Coalition of Kingdoms... no, sounds too small... I know..."
Bluesteel looked up at her, waiting.
"Dead, now, is the Kingdom of Midnight. From this day on, you are in service to the Imperial Coalition."

----
Dungeons
----

The cells were cold, made of iron and stone. They reeked of isolation and retribution.
In the second cell to the left were the only prisoners to ever be held in the dungeon... Emberly and Warem.
Emberly kicked at leaves on the floor as they rustled in the dirt and rocks that layer it. "It's cold..."
Warem was haunted by the silence of the dungeons. "I know."

"Where's Whiteflame to interrupt us." Warem tried to make the situation less serious.
"I don't know him." Ember looked at Warem's tired eyes. "Is he a friend?"
"You know... I never found out." Warem sighed and closed his eyes. His head laid on the wall.
"Are you still mad?" Ember asked. Warem didn't reply.

"What are you doing here?" Imabench appeared from where ever he had came from,
neither Ember nor Warem were paying enough attention to know where that was.
"Visiting the dungeons? That's just were you should be..." Warem wasn't sure who's side Imabench was on.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 6:47:07 PM
Imabench replied, "The dungeon? Nah. You can't prove I did anything wrong."
"We were there!" Ember responded.
"Pictures, or it didn't happen." Imabench was amused by himself. "So. You want to know why I helped Monlizzy?"
"I'm not sure. I'm interested, but I also know it won't change anything, and I can't stand staring at you. But it's hard to decide." Warem folded his arms.
"Well. Several reasons. You see, I like living. So I considered my odds of survival, and realized your little city didn't stand a chance. So when Liz came to me, looking to add it into her piratey kingdom, I knew letting the two nations unite was the best way to increase my odds."

"So you made a larger kingdom just to protect yourself?" Warem looked up at him.
"Yes... And because I dislike you both. You're too serious, and you're annoyingly scared of everything." Imabench mocked them both.
"The dislike is mutual." Warem replied.

"Great! As long as we're in agreement, I'll be taking my leave." Imabench turned a walked off.

The silence returned... Just Ember and Warem again. The leafs in the dirt returned to rustling about, dancing in their solitude.

----
--------
CAVE OF LIGHTS
--------
----

"How are you so strong..." Minx got back up.
"I told you... I'm far stronger than I let you believe I was." Vicksan kept watch on his opponent. His eyes didn't leave a single motion unnoticed. He was getting visibly angry with her.

"Then let's see how strong you are without magic." Minx threw forward her hand, casting a powerful charm. The yellowish flash hit Vicksan. He looked at his hands curiously, hoping to see some indication of what the charm did.
"It disabled your spells, charms, and hexes. You can heal, even teleport, but you can't cast anything on me!"
"I see." Vicksan tried. He jabbed his staff forward, but the spell wouldn't go.
"It'll only last a minute, but that's all the time I'll need to break you like the damn dog you are." Minx got ready.

Minx begin to run at Vicksan. Vicksan, in turn, begin running towards her.
Vicksan had less than a second's run to think of how to react...

Minx jumped into nothingness, teleporting forward... But Vicksan had teleported as well, directly behind where Minx now was.
Before she knew he was there, he grabbed her leg, stopping her in midair. Placing both hands on the staff, he brought it down with sheer force across her back. It hit at a force equaling his fullest level. She slammed against the floor with such a force she had never felt.
Vicksan's magic may have been disabled, but he hit with the force of a level 199.

"..." Minx didn't want to exclaim her pain. She tried getting up, but Vicksan stopped her.
He took the staff, and slammed it down on her again, and again... He hit across her back and her shoulders over and over again. The pain broke her... She tried crawling away, but couldn't get far.
She looked back at him... The anger on his face was beyond any warrant. His eye's focused on the wounds he inflicted, his breathing heavy and in enmity of her.

Vicksan lifted his weapon again, and brought it back down across her face and again across her arm.
He brought it up again before being stopped by the boy's voice.

-- Stop --

-- You've Won --

He looked down at her. She was terrified. His staff was above his head, ready for another attack, and she was in complete fear of it, and of him.
He had only now realized what he had been doing. His circumstance had gotten to him, and he had no control of the hatred he took out on her.
Minx was crying. She couldn't feel her arm and her back was bloody and broken.

Vicksan lowered his weapon, and stared into her tears. He turned away and begun for the entrance of the cave.

Minx sat there and cried. She didn't try to get up or leave. She just waited for it to stop hurting...

----
FOREST
----

Vicksan made his way to the cavern exit. He hadn't found what he was looking for... Those powerful secrets Innomen had told him to look out for...

-- Listen Vicksan --

'Kid.' Vicksan stopped to respond. 'Thanks for all the advice during the fight... Chain-link, Life Leach... I would have died if you didn't tell me what to do...'

-- I know you feel hurt. But you are hurting everyone because of it --

-- You are letting 30,000 people die... So you can feel better? No? Why then --

Vicksan couldn't answer it... He didn't have a reason. He simply didn't want to help them because he felt hurt. 'How?' Vicksan asked. 'How can I save everyone? Even at this level, I couldn't possibly kill enough goblins.'

-- You need a little help... You never got your prize for the dungeon, did you? --

'.. No? No I didn't. Why do you ask?'

-- Because you did get your prize... You just haven't opened it yet. Step forward. --

Vicksan stepped forward, outside of the cavern. A chest appeared... The cavern's prize. Vicksan walked up to it, curious...
He tapped the chest with the staff, and saw it open...

// Spell Learned: Heavenity.

"What... is it?" Vicksan asked.
"It's an Ultimate class spell... You need to be level 240 to use it. Your staff will be able to do it." Airmax was behind him.
"How'd you find me?" Vicksan asked.
"I'm your guide bot. I can relocate to your position, no matter what settings you set."
"I see..." Vicksan sighed. "What is the spell?"
"It is not easy to describe. The spell's strength holds up, no matter how many creatures it hits. Whether it hits 1 or 100 Goblins, it'll do the same amount of damage."
"What's the downfall?" Vicksan asked.
"It's not usable in a fight. You have to charge it, and it's slow. But when against an army, it will be very effective." Airmax explained. "And it's power is relative to the amount of mana you use... You will have to use your ring, and you will most certainly die."
Vicksan looked away. He couldn't bring himself to accept that.
"I would have lied to you." Airmax spoke.
"What?" Vicksan asked.
"I would have lied... I would have told you you could survive. But it was wrong of me. I'm sorry Anthony. I should have been honest with you." Airmax seemed truly, and honestly, sorry. Vicksan felt the regret... Almost as if it were his own... Maybe it was.

"I can't make you do this, Vicksan. It's a choice you must make. I can only ask you to think of what your choice truly means." Airmax waited for Vicksan's response. There was none. "I'm sorry." And he was gone.

----
--------
MIDNIGHT
--------
----

The damp cool of the floor could be felt through the leather of Warem's shoes.
"Warem. I want to talk about my Dad..." Ember hoped he be willing to listen.
"There's nothing I want to hear about it." Warem got up walked to the bars. Freedom was so close, but so hard to get to... If he had a chance to stop Monlizzy, he'd take it... He didn't hate that he lost... He haed that he lost without a fight...
Ember just sighed and laid her head in her hands.

"Back away from the gate." A pirate guarding the cell approached.
"Open the gate and make me." Warem retorted.
"I can hit you from here." The pirate replied.

"So can I." Another voiced approached. It was Sokol...
"What...?" The pirate didn't have time to PM Lizzy before being impaled by Sokol's sword.
Sokol kicked him across the chest, knocking him off the sword and onto the floor. Sokol then spun around his blade and swung it down across the Pirate.
"Kill him before he warns Lizzy!" Warem hollered.
"Really? I should do that? You sure that's not what I was already doing?" Sokol responded.
"Too late..." The pirate had already sent the message.
"Dammit." Sokol brought down his sword one last time to kill the pirate.

"Halt!" Three more pirates approached.
"Well I wasn't going anywhere." Sokol extended his arms, welcoming their tries.
"At once, men." The leader of the group commanded.
"I agree." Another voice spoke. Adam and Daytona appeared and begin cutting at the pirates with their weapons.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 6:49:46 PM
Sokol watched each pirate get cut down. The pirate barely stood a chance.
"Let's get your out, then." Sokol got the keys off the guard, and begin to unlock the door.
"I'm glad to see you... How'd you know we were here?" Warem asked.
"When the pirate army gathered on the walls, I knew there was a problem. Daytona and Seventh knew the pirates, and told me that 'Monlizzy' must have been here. I PM'd you, but you didn't answer. Only the cells block PMs, so I put two and two together." Sokol explained.

"Thank you so much..." Emberly thanked him. She knew Sokol didn't like her, he was here to save Warem. But she was grateful despite it.
"For Midnight." Sokol answered her. "Now for Lizzy."

----
CASTLE THRONE ROOM
----

In the Throne room, Monlizzy and Willblade waited.
The silence was broken by the sound of footsteps.
"Be ready, hun." Monlizzy sat loosely in the seat, her finger pressing softly against her cheek and lips.
"Always." Willblade kept his hand on his sword.

The doors were pushed open with the bodies of the pirates guarding them. In walked Warem, Sokol, Daytona, Adam, and Emberly.
"Oh. A party." Lizzy spoke softly to herself.
"Lizzy. Give up the city. The Kingdom of Midnight belongs to Ember." Warem stretched forth his sword. Sokol stared at him, accepting their disagreement over who Midnight belongs to as just that for now.
"Kingdom? This Imperial Coalition belongs to me." Lizzy didn't bother to stand.
"Are you willing to fight over that belief?" Warem stepped forward.
"Are you?" Lizzy grinned eagerly.
"Yes." Warem got ready.

"Willblade.. Deal with them, will you, hun?" Lizzy looked up at him.
"Yes, my empress." Willblade stepped forward. Each step down from the throne to the hall below them was made with power and force... The very atmosphere gave him it's attention.
He drew his saber and waited.
"Sokol." Warem called back. "I want this. Get Emberly to safety."
"Warem? Are you sure? He's a high level Ultimate..." Sokol was nervous. An Ultimate class fighter was nearly undefeatable.
"Yes."
"... Okay. I'll be watching..." Sokol made Ember step back.
"Please don't get hurt..." Ember begged...

"Then have at it." Willblade waited.
Warem took a deep breath, and begin forward at a fast pace, narrowing the gap between him and Willblade in seconds...

----
--------
FOREST CAMP
--------
----

"Sasima." Xlav watched her by the fire. The fire hadn't been lit since Mekaiel's death.
"I know." Sasima already knew what he'd say.
"I'm saying it regardless... He's not interested in us anymore. His only goal is Vicksan now." Xlav knew she missed Mekaiel.
"... Yea..." Sasima waited to hear him say something comforting. It didn't come.

"You hear anything Dtaylor?" Blah asked.
"Not yet." Blah was circling the camp, waiting for Goblins. If they came, it'd be in force... Thousands of them. Maybe more.
"You're doing fine D. Keep it up." Xlav tried keeping everyone's nerves down.
"No. We're doing terrible." Sasima got up and looked back.
"What?" Xlav looked at her.
"We aren't cowards. We fight. That's what we do. So why are we hiding?" Sasima wanted to do something... Waiting to find out it was over for them was miserable. She needed a distraction.

"There's no way we can fight all the goblins..." Dtaylor replied.
"That's not changing. So let's fight them now." Sasima responded to him. "I didn't help Mekaiel bring you guys together so we could avoid battle. I want to kill something... Make something bleed." Sasima grabbed her sword. "I NEED to make something bleed."
"..." Xlav waited for someone else to reply. No one did. "Well... I guess let's fight."
"What?" Blah and Dtaylor looked at him.
"The goblins aren't going away. They will find us. We'll die anyways. I'm not staying alive just to wait for it." Xlav explained.
Blah and Dtaylor looked at each other. Xlav and Sasima were right.

Suddenly, noise broke through the trees and forestry around them.
"Get ready." Xlav got his staff out.
"Wait... It's one person." Sasima got ready as well. "I'll enjoy this even more then..."

"I'll enjoy destroying you if you try." Mekaiel broke forth from the forest.
"Mekaiel!" Everyone yelled.
"Sasima and Xlav are right. Stop cowering. Are you going to play this game or what?" Mekaiel scuffed at them.
"I'm so glad you're back!" Sasima ran up to him. Her arms were around him before either or them had time to realize.
"I'm here for our fight." Mekaiel told her. He refused to hug back.
"What?" Sasima wasn't sure she understood.
"Our fight. You. Me. I came back because we still have a fight to do." Mekaiel was terrible at lying.
"Oh. I see." Sasima saw past his excuses. "After the apocalypse, I guess?"
"Of course." Mekaiel walked around her for the group. "And Sasima.."
"Yes?" Sasima waited for his response.
"... Nothing." Mekaiel dropped whatever he had hoped to say. "Let's start then. Xlav, set a beacon."

"As you wish." Xlav slammed his staff against the ground. A bright light flew into the air. It could be seen for miles.
Horns could be heard in the distance. A number of them, each in it's own direction. The forests filled with them... War cries from the Goblins... They were coming.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 6:50:27 PM
Last Episode: Level XXVII: The Battle of Lights // Part I ==> http://www.debate.org...

Next Episode: Midnight Dawn // Part I ==> TBA

----
For the Audience:
----

1 - How do you feel about Minx, and her battle with Vicksan?

2 - Which storyline are you most exited for? (The Goblin Army, the fight with Monlizzy, Vicksan's story, or Mekaiel's?)

What would you like to see in the next 2 episodes?

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 6:48:44 PM
At 3/1/2016 6:50:27 PM, donald.keller wrote:
Last Episode: Level XXVII: The Battle of Lights // Part I ==> http://www.debate.org...

----
For the Audience:
----

2 - Which storyline are you most exited for? (The Goblin Army, the fight with Monlizzy, Vicksan's story, or Mekaiel's?)

Do you have a list of the episodes?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 7:02:31 PM
At 3/2/2016 6:48:44 PM, Vaarka wrote:

----
For the Audience:
----

https://www.facebook.com...

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 7:05:29 PM
At 3/2/2016 7:02:31 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 3/2/2016 6:48:44 PM, Vaarka wrote:

----
For the Audience:
----

https://www.facebook.com...

You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2016 3:48:53 PM
Posted: 6 months ago

----
For the Audience:
----

I was very emotional when Vicksan didn't stop hitting her. That was really good (in the story sense)

I think Mekaiel for now. Where have you been!?
Mekaiel and Vicksan meeting each other.

Thanks for the episode man :).
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 6:08:35 AM
At 5/7/2016 3:48:53 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

----
For the Audience:
----

I was very emotional when Vicksan didn't stop hitting her. That was really good (in the story sense)

Where do you think the story will take Minx's character?

Working. Why Mekaiel?

Thanks for the response :D

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 9:54:13 AM
At 5/9/2016 6:08:35 AM, donald.keller wrote:

----
For the Audience:
----

She becomes a disciple of Vicksan no?

Working. Why Mekaiel?
I really like his character.

donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 6:00:13 PM
At 5/9/2016 9:54:13 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

----
For the Audience:
----

That was a really random answer.

Working. Why Mekaiel?

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 6:31:43 PM
At 5/9/2016 6:00:13 PM, donald.keller wrote:
At 5/9/2016 9:54:13 AM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

----
For the Audience:
----

That was a really random answer.
So no...

Working. Why Mekaiel?