LOST Mafia Day Phase 9

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2010 1:41:34 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
DECEASED

Cody Franklin - Sun-Hwa "Sun" Kwon, a town lover (Candidate). TOWN.
VooDooChild - Jin-Soo "Jin" Kwon, a town lover (Candidate). TOWN.
Koopin - The Man in Black, the serial killing role copier. THIRD PARTY.
Mongoose 1 - Charlie Pace, the town's sacrificial hero. TOWN.
Oceanix 1 - John Locke, the town tracker. TOWN.
Kahvan - Sayid Jarrah, the town's jack of all trades (Candidate). TOWN.
Alex Hanson - Matthew Abadon, the mafia's yakuza. MAFIA.
Sac8 [1] - Hugu "Hurley" Reyes, the town's mason recruiter (Candidate). TOWN.
Annhasle - Rose Nadler, the vanilla townie. TOWN.
Feverish - Ilana Verdansky, the town bomb. TOWN.
xxDarkxx - Charles Widmore, the mafia godfather. MAFIA.
Comoncents - Kate Austen, the town vigilante (Candidate). TOWN.
Zetsubou - Desmond Hume, the town psychic. TOWN.
JBlake - Richard Alpert, the cult bulletproof. THIRD PARTY: CULT.
Lovelife - Miles Straume, the town medium. TOWN.
Mongoose 2 - Benjamin Linus, the cult recruiter. CULT.
Marauder - Jack Shepard, the town doctor (Candidate). CULT - recruited.

LaissezFaire - You are Ethan Rom, the cult doctor. Each night phase you may protect any player from a kill. You may also be recruited into the masons undetected. CULT.

SportsGuru - You are James "Sawyer" Ford, the hated townie turned lie detector. At first, nobody in your camp could stand you. If you're targeted to be lynched on day phases 1 - 4, it will require three votes less than necessary to lynch you. However if you survive past day phase 4, that night you will retain the power of lie detector given your uncanny ability to lie and con people (therefore be able to detect when being lied to). TOWN.

Innomen - You are Martin Keamy, the mafia role blocker. Each night phase you may block a player from utilizing their night action. MAFIA.

LIVING

- Puck 2
- Sac8 [2]
- Tvellalott
- Chrysippus
- Feverish 2
- Korashk

MOD NOTICES

You need 4 votes to carry out a lynch.

The day phase will end on Thursday, November 18, at 9:30 pm.
President of DDO
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2010 2:27:11 PM
DEAD
CANDIDATES
Cody Franklin - Sun-Hwa "Sun" Kwon, a town lover (Candidate). TOWN.
VooDooChild - Jin-Soo "Jin" Kwon, a town lover (Candidate). TOWN.
Comoncents - Kate Austen, the town vigilante (Candidate). TOWN.
Kahvan - Sayid Jarrah, the town's jack of all trades (Candidate). TOWN.
Sac8 [1] - Hugu "Hurley" Reyes, the town's mason recruiter (Candidate). TOWN.
Marauder - Jack Shepard, the town's doctor (Candidate). TOWN, CULT
TOWN
Mongoose [1] - Charlie Pace, the town's sacrificial hero. TOWN.
Oceanix [1] - John Locke, the town tracker. TOWN.
Annhasle - Rose Nadler, the vanilla townie. TOWN.
Feverish - Ilana Verdansky, the town bomb. TOWN.
Zetsubou - Desmond Hume, the town psychic. TOWN.
lovelife - Miles Straume, the town's medium. TOWN.
SportsGuru - James "Sawyer" Ford, Hated Lie-Detector. TOWN.

MAFIA
Alex Hanson - Matthew Abadon, the mafia's yakuza. MAFIA.
xxDarkxx - Charles Widmore, the mafia godfather. MAFIA.
innomen - Martin Keamy, the mafia role blocker.
THIRD PARTY
Koopin - The Man in Black, the serial killing role copier. THIRD PARTY.
Mongoose [2], Cult Recruiter, Benjamin Linus. THIRD PARTY: CULT.
JBlake - You are Richard Alpert, the bulletproof cultist. THIRD PARTY: CULT.
LaissezFaire, Cult Doctor, Ethan Rom. THIRD PARTY: CULT.

ALIVE
ROLE CLAIMED
Feverish [2], Beloved Princess, Claire Littleton
Korashk – Role Shield?, Juliet Burke (You may as well tell me the correct title)
Sac8 [2] - Miller, Michael Dawson
Chrysippus - Vanilla Townie, Shannon Rutherford
tvellalott - Paranoid Survivor, Danielle Rousseau

CHARACTER CLAIMED
Puck [2] - ?, Ana Lucia

I am Danielle Rousseau, the Paranoid Survivor. I need to survive to win. If anyone visits me during the night, they die. The only way I can die is if I'm lynched
I was hoping my song and dance yesterday would make the mafia want to visit me last night, which is why I didn't reveal. I'm pretty sure all three of last nights dead visited me. I did repeatedly tell SportsGuru NOT to visit me though.

Korashk, who did you use your ability on?

Anyway, at this point it seems fairly obvious.
VOTE Puck
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2010 2:40:47 PM
I used my role on Chrys.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2010 2:48:26 PM
Well, that cleared things up.

tvellalott, you have my apologies. Good plan.

SG's death confirmed his role, which confirms sac8 as town. Korashk was basically confirmed several DP's ago, unless I'm badly mistaken. The death of the cult doctor and the mafiosi is about as solid proof of tvellalott's claim as we could ask.

That leaves Feverish, Puck, and I as the unconfirmed ones; and only Puck has not yet claimed.

He also has done virtually nothing in this game, at least during the DP's.

VTL Puck
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2010 2:50:34 PM
At 11/16/2010 2:40:47 PM, Korashk wrote:
I used my role on Chrys.

I have no role to block. Also, if anyone was paying attention, I remained offline during the entire NP.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2010 2:58:30 PM
At 11/16/2010 2:50:34 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
I used my role on Chrys.

I have no role to block. Also, if anyone was paying attention, I remained offline during the entire NP.

His role stops other people using their role powers on the target, in this case you.

Muh threads
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2010 3:02:54 PM
At 11/16/2010 2:58:30 PM, tvellalott wrote:
I used my role on Chrys.

His role stops other people using their role powers on the target, in this case you.

Ah, I see. Thanks, then.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2010 3:15:09 PM
At 11/16/2010 3:02:54 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
I used my role on Chrys.

Ah, I see. Thanks, then.

Doesn't stop kills. I've been using it on you ever since you came out as a vanilla and on myself most times before that.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2010 3:17:57 PM
At 11/16/2010 3:15:09 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 11/16/2010 3:02:54 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
I used my role on Chrys.

Ah, I see. Thanks, then.

Doesn't stop kills. I've been using it on you ever since you came out as a vanilla and on myself most times before that.

Who do you think we should go after today?
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2010 10:04:41 PM
Ana Lucia; the role had a one shot investigate + linked kill if the person was guilty, but it had been used by the time I got the character.

If I was anti town I would have pushed to lynch Chrysippus - that didn't occur. The votes for me are based on I don't know what. Feverish is suspicious, sac8 was rushing to get anyone lynched last day phase also.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2010 10:13:24 PM
At 11/16/2010 10:04:41 PM, Puck wrote:
Ana Lucia; the role had a one shot investigate + linked kill if the person was guilty, but it had been used by the time I got the character.

If I was anti town I would have pushed to lynch Chrysippus - that didn't occur. The votes for me are based on I don't know what. Feverish is suspicious, sac8 was rushing to get anyone lynched last day phase also.

I'm not by any means certain of your guilt Puck, but I suspect that all the tail section survivors are false claims, since they have been so far (xxdarkxx claimed Mr. Eko, LF claimed "Libby" Smith...)

Muh threads
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2010 10:29:14 PM
At 11/16/2010 10:13:24 PM, tvellalott wrote:

I'm not by any means certain of your guilt Puck, but I suspect that all the tail section survivors are false claims, since they have been so far (xxdarkxx claimed Mr. Eko, LF claimed "Libby" Smith...)

By equal reasoning Desmond should not have appeared either. Or yourself. Or as to why I would choose a character that was clearly aligned with mafia choices prior. Your role, and consequently yourself, doesn't need to care about who wins, so long as you live, thus any course of action that leads to a lynch is preferable - making you rather gung ho about it all and something the rest of the town needs to be aware of.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 12:05:05 AM
At 11/16/2010 10:29:14 PM, Puck wrote:

By equal reasoning Desmond should not have appeared either. Or yourself.
I don't see how you reached this conclusion and my reasoning still stands. You're claiming the sole-remaining member of a specific group (the tail-section) which has so far only been represented by false-claims for cult and mafia.

Or as to why I would choose a character that was clearly aligned with mafia choices prior.
I don't know either. Like I said, I'm not convinced of your guilt, but I certainly can see an obvious pattern here. My only answer would be that you didn't think anyone would pick up on it.

Your role, and consequently yourself, doesn't need to care about who wins, so long as you live, thus any course of action that leads to a lynch is preferable - making you rather gung ho about it all and something the rest of the town needs to be aware of.
You're wrong.
The only way I can die is if I am lynched. So it is in my best interest to be pro-town, which anyone can see I have been. Town has nothing to fear from me, since I win with them and I'm pretty well confirmed after last night.

I'm taking your reaction to this pressure as a scum-sign to be honest. Rather than trying to cast suspicion on me why not tell us who you actually think the mafia or cult is.

Muh threads
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 3:13:06 AM
I think Puck is BSing us.

We do know that he hasn't been paying attention too well. It's pretty obvious that I'm town, and he is trying to point the FoS towards me or C.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 3:18:55 AM
At 11/17/2010 3:13:06 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

We do know that he hasn't been paying attention too well. It's pretty obvious that I'm town, and he is trying to point the FoS towards me or C.

You're clear. Lie Detector is 100% and he confirmed you.
I honestly think that Rose and Shannon are logical choices for Vanilla town. If there weren't any other vanilla town, I'd be a bit more suspicious but there wasn't another town. That's another thing about the tail survivors. Rose is in the game as vanilla, why not put her husband in as vanilla too. Maybe inform them of each other, as a bonus. Because he is a tail section survivor!

I'm going to feel stupid if this theory isn't right.

Muh threads
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 3:19:44 AM
At 11/17/2010 3:18:55 AM, tvellalott wrote:

You're clear. Lie Detector is 100% and he confirmed you.
I honestly think that Rose and Shannon are logical choices for Vanilla town. If there weren't any other vanilla town, I'd be a bit more suspicious but there wasn't. That's another thing about the tail survivors. Rose is in the game as vanilla, why not put her husband in as vanilla too. Maybe inform them of each other, as a bonus. Because he is a tail section survivor!

I'm going to feel stupid if this theory isn't right.

Fix'd

Muh threads
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 3:33:25 AM
At 11/17/2010 12:05:05 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/16/2010 10:29:14 PM, Puck wrote:

By equal reasoning Desmond should not have appeared either. Or yourself.

I don't see how you reached this conclusion and my reasoning still stands.

Desmond, yourself, and I belong to singular classes. Claiming that singular classes are not in the game is patently wrong given the presence of at least 2.

You're claiming the sole-remaining member of a specific group (the tail-section) which has so far only been represented by false-claims for cult and mafia.

And I addressed this. It's clearly something guilty people did. Why would I continue a trend that would only make me suspicious?

My only answer would be that you didn't think anyone would pick up on it.

Largely basis since by your reasoning I have a team of players in my ear. One would think the first thing they would be saying is don't character claim {group}.

Your role, and consequently yourself, doesn't need to care about who wins, so long as you live, thus any course of action that leads to a lynch is preferable - making you rather gung ho about it all and something the rest of the town needs to be aware of.

You're wrong.
The only way I can die is if I am lynched. So it is in my best interest to be pro-town, which anyone can see I have been.

We are talking end game here. Mafia isn't a risk to you because you are night phase proof. Hence there is no reason why *any* majority isn't beneficial to you. The Mafia don't need you dead to win.

Town has nothing to fear from me, since I win with them and I'm pretty well confirmed after last night.

Town has everything to fear from you. You have admitted twice already that the vote logic here is largely baseless, and I've shown it's contradictory. *You* don't need to be concerned about who has majority - the town does and as such you put the town at risk by the way you vote.

I'm taking your reaction to this pressure as a scum-sign to be honest.

O.o Are you serious? Townies should just let themselves be lynched? Realllyyyyyyyyyy? Ok...

Rather than trying to cast suspicion on me why not tell us who you actually think the mafia or cult is.

I am *not* casting *suspicion* on you, nor did I state anywhere that you were *suspicious*. I have made it very clear as to what you represent in terms of danger the town, even before this day phase, and that turned out to be correct. Your actions are dangerous though your role and how you are using it; not your alignment (that's just a side effect).
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 3:36:07 AM

We do know that he hasn't been paying attention too well.

In day phases I wasn't a player sure. Why would I?

It's pretty obvious that I'm town, and he is trying to point the FoS towards me or C.

You sure, Miller claims always are. C, please post where I said that. I'll be waiting for that one.

You however explicitly voted for him.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 4:20:26 AM
Puck, I am not simply basing my suspicion on the story-line, though even if I was it would be a strong argument. The fact is, xxdarkxx claimed Mr. Eko. LF claimed Libby. They both lied. There is an obvious absense of Bernard, the fouth tail-section survivor. However, as I type this I realise that if your role is correct, it would make more sense for Goodwin to be in the game, rathan than Ethan who makes sense if Claire is in the game (which she is ^_-).

I'm pretty sure there aren't any Cult left, but if there is it will be Goodwin. I'm guessing there is only one mafia left and based on who the other ones are, I'd say it was Penelope Hume or Naomi Dorrit. There is also an obvious absence of Jacob, which I can't explain.

My order of suspicion after Puck is...
Chrysippus - Vanilla Townie, Shannon Rutherford
Feverish [2], Beloved Princess, Claire Littleton
Korashk – Role Shield, Juliet Burke
Sac8 [2] - Miller, Michael Dawson

Muh threads
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 2:04:28 PM
Puck did act evasive last phase, and that role would not have been all that dangerous to claim, especially if it could've confirmed someone as innocent.

VTL Puck
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 2:06:23 PM
At 11/17/2010 8:23:56 AM, feverish wrote:
Yeah, don't trust Puck's claim. VTL Puck

Woops, I guess my vote wasn't needed. For some reason I thought we needed 5 to lynch.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2010 2:10:45 PM
VOTE COUNT

Puck (tvellalott, Chrys, sac8, feverish, Korashk) -- 5/4 votes needed to lynch

Get your night actions in asap!
President of DDO