Jump to topic:

B1tches with petitions

dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/1/2016 6:11:48 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Whenever I travel down the main street in my university I'm accosted by a horde of volunteers trying to get me to sign their petitions or hear about some cause I don't care about. Usually I'm polite and tell them I'm not interested, but sometimes I don't have the energy even to achknolwedge their existence. That's when they get an attitude. Who do these people think they are. There are like FIFTY OF YOU HERE EVERY DAY. LITERALLY EVERY DAY. If they limited themselves to a few days of the week, or didn't actively annoy people trying to pass by, I might have a little bit more patience. Instead, they have established a permanent gauntlet and expect everyone to play along with their bullsh1t tactics. They should just put up some signs and do something useful with their time instead of using it annoy everyone.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 7:01:54 AM
At 4/1/2016 6:11:48 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Whenever I travel down the main street in my university I'm accosted by a horde of volunteers trying to get me to sign their petitions or hear about some cause I don't care about. Usually I'm polite and tell them I'm not interested, but sometimes I don't have the energy even to achknolwedge their existence. That's when they get an attitude. Who do these people think they are. There are like FIFTY OF YOU HERE EVERY DAY. LITERALLY EVERY DAY. If they limited themselves to a few days of the week, or didn't actively annoy people trying to pass by, I might have a little bit more patience. Instead, they have established a permanent gauntlet and expect everyone to play along with their bullsh1t tactics. They should just put up some signs and do something useful with their time instead of using it annoy everyone.

Make a petition for that, yet also use their same tactics.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/2/2016 4:08:25 PM
At 4/2/2016 7:01:54 AM, PetersSmith wrote:
At 4/1/2016 6:11:48 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

Make a petition for that, yet also use their same tactics.

Lol good idea
fromantle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/11/2016 9:09:07 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Petitioning can become a way of life and eventually absorb the whole personality.
We all want to put the world to rights but its a big job and we have lives to lead.
Obsession quickly gets a grip of humanity, its a fault that animals don't suffer from ; I fear it is the price of intelligence.