Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 9:51:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
-- SERIES FINALE --

WINNERS

TVellalott - You are Danielle Rousseau, the paranoid survivor. You care first and foremost about surviving until the end of the game regardless of what happens to everybody else. If someone targets you for any reason during the night, they will die. THIRD PARTY. Voted MVP of game by mods.

TOWN

Cody Franklin - Sun-Hwa "Sun" Kwon, a town lover (Candidate).
VooDooChild - Jin-Soo "Jin" Kwon, a town lover (Candidate).
Mongoose 1 - Charlie Pace, the town's sacrificial hero.
Oceanix 1 - John Locke, the town tracker.
Kahvan - Sayid Jarrah, the town's jack of all trades (Candidate).
Sac8 [1] - Hugu "Hurley" Reyes, the town's mason recruiter (Candidate).
Annhasle - Rose Nadler, the vanilla townie.
Feverish 1 - Ilana Verdansky, the town bomb.
Comoncents - Kate Austen, the town vigilante (Candidate).
Zetsubou - Desmond Hume, the town psychic.
Lovelife - Miles Straume, the town medium.
SportsGuru - Sawyer, the hated townie/ lie detector (Candidate).
Chrysippus - Shannon, the vanilla townie.
Sac8 [2] - Michael, the town miller.

THIRD PARTY

Koopin - The Man in Black, the serial killing role copier.

(Half-win on the basis that all candidates were killed)

LOSERS

Alex Hanson - Matthew Abadon, the mafia's yakuza.
xxDarkxx - Charles Widmore, the mafia godfather.
Innomen - Martin Keamy, the mafia role blocker.
Puck - Naomi Dormitt, the mafia goon.
Korashk - Juliet Burke, the town doctor. RECRUITED.

JBlake - Richard Alpert, the cult bulletproof.
Mongoose 2 - Benjamin Linus, the cult recruiter.
LaissezFaire - Ethan Rom, the cult doctor.
Marauder - Jack Shepard, the town doctor (Candidate). RECRUITED.

BLOOPERS

As director (haha) I only made one minor mistake that may or may not have impacted the game. Sac8 was the miller but there was no cop, meaning his role would only be useful if targeted by the JOAT (killed early on) or the lie detector. SportsGuru in fact checked out Sac8's statement and I confirmed it as true. However looking back, I realized that I had wanted to make Sac8 vulnerable to the lie detector. Had I done that, Sac8 would have appeared guilty and been lynched (which MAY have brought SG's legitimacy into question... maybe), and the mafia might have won at the end there, considering it was VERY close. However I never confirmed that it would work that way, and given all the other factors, I think it turned out okay.

HIGHLIGHTS and other INFO

This game turned out awesome! The mafia only started with 4 out of 28 players and here's why. First, they had a Yakuza which they used on Korashk which worked brilliantly. Several of the mafia's kills would have been blocked (on the cult in particular) had Korashk not been recruited to make the doctor's protection useless. Second, I told them that there would be NO tail section survivors, meaning they had useful information (that Widmore would have known) to help them fake claims, or point out others' fake claims such as when L-F claimed Libby (and the mafia knew that he was lying... as xxDarkxx pointed out, they should have used that to their advantage!).

Additionally, they had a back-up role blocker with a 1/5 chance of effectiveness in case theirs got killed early on. Most importantly, I expected a bunch of people to be taken out by Koopin and/or TVellalott. Since Koopin had to go after SPECIFIC people -- none of which were mafia -- then essentially Koopin was supposed to help them pick people off. However, he died early on fortunately taking 2 townies with him. Comoncents' mistakes helped the mafia kill townies after that. And finally, it happened at the end - though completely in the townies favor - people died from targeting tvellalott during the night, which also was supposed to help the mafia pick people off.

The cult started with 3 members including a bulletproof, doctor and recruiter which I thought beefed them up quite a bit. At first their recruiter was MIA and forfeited his action. One time only Mongoose's recruit didn't go through (he had a 3/4 chance) which was lucky because I'm pretty sure he was attempting to recruit a non-townie. One time his recruit worked (Marauder) meaning the cult had TWO doctors. None of the other recruits worked -- I forget why exactly though I'm pretty sure I recall Mongoose dying from trying to recruit a non-townie at the end. Anyway with 2 doctors they were in excellent shape too, except as I said, Korashk's role made their roles useless.

The reason I called Korashk's role doctor was because Juliet was another doctor on the island, just a different type. Jack was a surgeon and she was a fertility doctor. I thought I balanced the game really well and thought many possibilities out. This was a VERY close game so I think it turned out really well :) I also wanted to make sure that even if you didn't know TOO much about Lost, it would still be a pretty traditional game. People kept trying to make it so much more complicated than it was... "Oh I've never seen Lost..." but seriously a quick look at the cast page would have helped you just fine, as in every other themed game (though I tried to make this one n00b friendly as possible even though the story line was SOMEWHAT complex). I did the complexity elements for those who DID watch the show. I'm sad only a few players have watched the show.

Looking back I wouldn't have done anything differently so I hope it was fun! I tried to make it so that even though there were some obvious townies (Jack, Saywer, Kate, Sun, Jin, Sayid, etc.) it wouldn't be so simple because of (a) the cult, (b) the Yakuza, (c) some not so obvious roles - like Desmond. Though only really MAIN characters were used in this game. Good thing there was such a massive cast lol. Anyway I had so much fun modding this -- most epic mafia game ever IMO ;P But that's because <33 Lost <33. Please note that KORASHK would have been runner-up MVP for sure, as well as xxDarkxx for some good behind the scenes contributions in the mafia thread.
President of DDO
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 10:34:37 AM
this narrative seems biasedly in favor of mafia as if there supposed win. dont know why I think that.

good to finally know why lovelife still died even though I protected her when she did die. I had thought it was because of innome but evidently it was korshack. I was also confused as to how LF protection did not save me though, since the role-blocker should of had no idea LF was doctor also but if I was targeted by Korshack the 'role shield' then it must have stopped the power from the other end. that brutally stacks the odds for mafia since they can basically kill whoever they want without chance of being stopped.

Korshack? did you target me every night phase after you were Yakuza'd until I died or just by coincidence the two that let you take out me and lovelife when we should have been protected.

good job by the way tv, I shall try to remember you one the best players in future games

bad job sac8 for over fretting over the possibility of losing if you made one wrong lynch when actually you had to make two wrong lynches. the game was a sure thing and you almost choose to avoid casting a lynch vote thinking it wasn't. the mafia lost its next night phase so had you lynched a town it would be day phase 11 immediately with no night loses, so there would be 2 lynches before the final mafia kill (probably would a been you).

CommonCents....... do I really need to say anything

Koopin, lucky KFC connoisseur!
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 11:37:28 AM
YOU MUST KILL THIRD PARTY PLAYERS UNLESS YOU HAVE A CONFIRMED MAFIA, REGARDLESS OF THEIR ROLE OR KNOWLEDGE.

I mean seriously, lawd.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 11:38:56 AM
At 11/19/2010 11:37:28 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
YOU MUST KILL THIRD PARTY PLAYERS UNLESS YOU HAVE A CONFIRMED MAFIA, REGARDLESS OF THEIR ROLE OR KNOWLEDGE.

I mean seriously, lawd.

Zets rule my arse.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 11:48:30 AM
At 11/19/2010 11:38:56 AM, Zetsubou wrote:

I mean seriously, lawd.

Zets rule my arse.

not a fan of the zets rule.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 12:02:02 PM
At 11/19/2010 11:48:30 AM, innomen wrote:

I mean seriously, lawd.

Zets rule my arse.

not a fan of the zets rule.

Then you don't understand it :p
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 12:17:09 PM
Marauder - Korashk was recruited to the mafia, so yes his role certainly helped them. However it was the town's fault for not killing him sooner. You knew it was either him, comon or POSSIBLY one other person who was probably recruited. After finding out it wasn't comon, you guys should have killed Korashk. Everyone put the Yakuza thing aside and focused on other players, completely forgetting about it until the end (good call, TV). TV also figured out the tail section thing. I personally thought the mafia should have recruited comoncents to double their kills every other night, but that would have been way too easy to pick up on. Korashk really was the best idea. And I'm not sure if you're trying to say the game was tilted in the mafia's favor...? Not really. They started with 1/7 of the players whereas some start with 1/3 or 1/4. Most importantly if anyone claimed Jack, Claire, Sawyer, Sun, Jin, Kate, Sayid, etc. they would never get lynched... so that's like 7 automatic townies right there safe in the day phase. It's not so much the mafia had it easy so much as the town didn't capitalize on their advantages. I think the mafia and cult did a good job of dissuading people from suggesting earlier character claims.
President of DDO
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 12:23:09 PM
At 11/19/2010 12:17:09 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Marauder - Korashk was recruited to the mafia, so yes his role certainly helped them. However it was the town's fault for not killing him sooner. You knew it was either him, comon or POSSIBLY one other person who was probably recruited. After finding out it wasn't comon, you guys should have killed Korashk. Everyone put the Yakuza thing aside and focused on other players, completely forgetting about it until the end (good call, TV). TV also figured out the tail section thing. I personally thought the mafia should have recruited comoncents to double their kills every other night, but that would have been way too easy to pick up on. Korashk really was the best idea. And I'm not sure if you're trying to say the game was tilted in the mafia's favor...? Not really. They started with 1/7 of the players whereas some start with 1/3 or 1/4. Most importantly if anyone claimed Jack, Claire, Sawyer, Sun, Jin, Kate, Sayid, etc. they would never get lynched... so that's like 7 automatic townies right there safe in the day phase. It's not so much the mafia had it easy so much as the town didn't capitalize on their advantages. I think the mafia and cult did a good job of dissuading people from suggesting earlier character claims.
quoniam ipse dixit.

Since I said it, it must be WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 12:25:14 PM
At 11/19/2010 12:23:09 PM, Zetsubou wrote:

Dunno what you were talking about, but probably. You were wrong about pretty much everything in this game - including how to go about day phase 1 responsibly, choosing to lie about a role you could prove, and proclaiming to know who the town doctor was when in fact you didn't.
President of DDO
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 12:35:42 PM
Check y're wall.

At 11/19/2010 12:25:14 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 11/19/2010 12:23:09 PM, Zetsubou wrote:

Dunno what you were talking about, but probably. You were wrong about pretty much everything in this game - including how to go about day phase 1 responsibly,
Interesting choice of words, how do you suppose I ought to have handled it?

I accept defeat by accepting to comply, but I don't think what's quite what you mean. I am I correct at that judgement?

choosing to lie about a role you could prove,
And get me killed at least 2 nights earlier than I did? I lived to attempt two other actions. I don't think I'm the first to town lie about a role anyway.
and proclaiming to know who the town doctor was when in fact you didn't.
I suspected their would be a non town doctor anyway. I said it so I could at least LIVE, that of course didn't work.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 12:42:03 PM
http://www.debate.org...

My defense is on page 7 - 11. I didn't post until after reaching 13/14 which I must say was worth quite the scare. Like Korashk just said in your current TV game "you've been letting me get away with it"; the best way to combat the Zets rule is to ignore it and in that, I am succeeding.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 12:48:02 PM
Zetsubou - Understand that I cannot possibly feel bad about the Zets rule. It sucks that you are targeted because people think you're a bad player, but I am ALSO targeted on the FIRST night phase because people think I am a good player (so I am killed by the mafia). Either way you or I am killed early because of our alleged skill level, so I can't feel sorry for you when I am in the same boat lol. I just try to play more quiet from now on and hope to god that people forget about me, because it does kinda suck. However you have the advantage in that if you are townie, you can just claim and be confirmed right away or whatever. Even if you're doing poorly you can just attribute it to your skill. Personally, if I were you, I would have DEFINITELY claimed on DP1 because you had one of the most important roles and lying about it only made you appear mafia later on when you admitted you had a role.
President of DDO
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 12:48:34 PM
Well played town and TV.

Without blowing my own trumpet too much, I was pleased with my contribution in this game. I led the lynch on JBlake and was correct in my suspicions that both LF and Bellum/Puck were anti-town. Also the mafia killed me twice and must have regretted it both times, once they lost their GF and the other time lost an NP.

I mean seriously, lawd.

Zets rule my arse.

What are you even on about? If we had lynched TV when he claimed third party, we would never have won.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 12:51:55 PM
At 11/19/2010 12:48:34 PM, feverish wrote:
Well played town and TV.

Without blowing my own trumpet too much, I was pleased with my contribution in this game. I led the lynch on JBlake and was correct in my suspicions that both LF and Bellum/Puck were anti-town. Also the mafia killed me twice and must have regretted it both times, once they lost their GF and the other time lost an NP.

I mean seriously, lawd.

Zets rule my arse.

What are you even on about? If we had lynched TV when he claimed third party, we would never have won.

You were our prime target because you were good.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 12:53:50 PM
At 11/19/2010 12:51:55 PM, innomen wrote:

You were our prime target because you were good.

Thanks. I think I'm a decent player when I'm town. When I'm mafia I stink.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 1:00:32 PM
At 11/19/2010 12:48:02 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Personally, if I were you, I would have DEFINITELY claimed on DP1 because you had one of the most important roles and lying about it only made you appear mafia later on when you admitted you had a role.

We had better roles to protect, after all, it's a 20 man game.

I did slightly appear mafia but only a foolish player would claim a role such as mine if anti town. The lie was beneficial to the town by sustaining my life. Only one or two players(cult) made a deal out of it. The towns isn't that foolish since they deducted that much.

He claimed DP8 I believe, after my death and two np before the game ended. I'm not certain but I doubt the cult+mafia would have had a majority that phase.

Nevertheless I do congratulate him, he is DDO's only player to win with survivor role in a large game.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 1:11:28 PM
I didn't contribute much of value, but we won; Possibly in spite of my best efforts to help. :P

Good game, everybody.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 2:57:57 PM
I'm giving myself some props for recruiting korashk against the will of the mafia. It turned out well, we just didn't make the best decisions later on.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 3:06:49 PM

I mean seriously, lawd.

You idiot, I won the game for town.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 3:15:53 PM
At 11/19/2010 1:00:32 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
He claimed DP8 I believe, after my death and two np before the game ended. I'm not certain but I doubt the cult+mafia would have had a majority that phase.

LIVING DP8
- Puck 2 - Mafia
- LaissezFaire - Cult
- Innomen - Mafia
- Sac8 [2] - Town
- Tvellalott - Third-Party
- Chrysippus - Town
- Feverish 2 - Town
- Korashk - Mafia
- SportsGuru - Town
4 Town, 3 Mafia, 1 Cult, 1 Third-party

If they had killed me DP8, it would have been a mafia win.

Nevertheless I do congratulate him, he is DDO's only player to win with survivor role in a large game.

Thank you :D. I was survivor once before and was lynched on claim. I knew this game I would have to pull out the big guns, so I kind of manipulated everyone into thinking I might have an investigative role. :P

I have only one unanswered question for you L, why didn't you put Jacob in the game?

Muh threads
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 3:21:02 PM
At 11/19/2010 10:34:37 AM, Marauder wrote:
Korashk? did you target me every night phase after you were Yakuza'd until I died or just by coincidence the two that let you take out me and lovelife when we should have been protected.

Every night after I got recruited until the last night I targeted who the mafia wanted to kill. Making other roles used on that person not work. Basically our kills were 100% guaranteed to go through whomever we targeted.

19. You are Juliet Burke, the town doctor. Each night phase you may protect someone from any night action except for kills.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 3:27:11 PM
At 11/19/2010 3:21:02 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 11/19/2010 10:34:37 AM, Marauder wrote:
Korashk? did you target me every night phase after you were Yakuza'd until I died or just by coincidence the two that let you take out me and lovelife when we should have been protected.

Every night after I got recruited until the last night I targeted who the mafia wanted to kill. Making other roles used on that person not work. Basically our kills were 100% guaranteed to go through whomever we targeted.

19. You are Juliet Burke, the town doctor. Each night phase you may protect someone from any night action except for kills.

Damn! You were an awesome choice for the yak weren't you. I actually thought you had lost your ability when you were yakked.

Muh threads
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 3:29:30 PM
So how'd you guys know mongoose was lying about his role? I thought the made-up role for Ben was pretty good--it fit with the story and was pro-town (or would have, if, like TV had predicted, Jacob was actually in the game and was Cult).
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2010 3:41:09 PM
At 11/19/2010 3:29:30 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
So how'd you guys know mongoose was lying about his role? I thought the made-up role for Ben was pretty good--it fit with the story and was pro-town (or would have, if, like TV had predicted, Jacob was actually in the game and was Cult).

The mafia killed him and I assume Jack died when the recruiter died...

Muh threads