Jump to topic:

Privilege of pencils

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:17:57 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
#2 pencils have more privileges than other types of pencils! They are sold around more often then others, and are used in schools much more. The odds of a person buy a pack of #2 pencils verses a simple 8B pencil are 200 to 1! Heck, exam/test cover sheets require a #2 pencil, or #2 led, forcing the other pencils to step aside.

There is an obvious privilege problem here!

<3 endark
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:19:14 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:17:57 AM, Vaarka wrote:
#2 pencils have more privileges than other types of pencils! They are sold around more often then others, and are used in schools much more. The odds of a person buy a pack of #2 pencils verses a simple 8B pencil are 200 to 1! Heck, exam/test cover sheets require a #2 pencil, or #2 led, forcing the other pencils to step aside.

<3 endark

*Correction* Pencil Privilege- c'mon man you need to keep with the flow
The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:19:34 AM

<3 endark

To think I almost made one........
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:20:51 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:19:14 AM, Sam7411 wrote:

<3 endark

*Correction* Pencil Privilege- c'mon man you need to keep with the flow

I had originally titled it "Privilege Thread to piss off Endark", but after coming up with the idea, I just deleted everything before Privilege and put "of pencils" and left it because I was too lazy to fix it afterwards.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:21:24 AM

<3 endark

Exactly. And you know what? I think that those people who put stereotypical labels on pencils based only the darkness of its lead is frankly discrimination, bigotry.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:22:34 AM

<3 endark

My wife is an artist. She buys the nicest pencils (yea, I pay the damn bills) and #2 sucks rocks. Undue pencil praise. F**k #2
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:23:00 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:21:24 AM, Sam7411 wrote:

<3 endark

Exactly. And you know what? I think that those people who put stereotypical labels on pencils based only the darkness of its lead is frankly discrimination, bigotry.

These yellow monstrosities must be silenced! These racist writing utensils must know that they aren't above the rest!

#PENCIL_EQUALITY

EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:24:52 AM

<3 endark

You have made a terrible mistake.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:25:18 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:24:52 AM, EndarkenedRationalist wrote:

<3 endark

You have made a terrible mistake.

<3

Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:25:21 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:23:00 AM, Vaarka wrote:

<3 endark

These yellow monstrosities must be silenced! These racist writing utensils must know that they aren't above the rest!

#PENCIL_EQUALITY

#softleadlivesmatter
Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:27:43 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:27:14 AM, Sam7411 wrote:
I love this thread since we can manage to mock SJWs and brontoraptor at the same time

not that I have anything against him-
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:28:08 AM

<3 endark

#PENCIL_EQUALITY

4B is objectively better. Now, be PC about pencils all you like, but we know better.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 2:29:11 AM
At 4/6/2016 2:28:08 AM, TBR wrote:

<3 endark

#PENCIL_EQUALITY

4B is objectively better. Now, be PC about pencils all you like, but we know better.

XD I've used 4B in art app. I'm not the best drawer, but I wouldn't mind getting better at it.

Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 3:38:11 AM

<3 endark

#PENCIL_EQUALITY

#2s come in all colors didn't you know!
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2016 12:03:12 PM
At 4/6/2016 3:38:11 AM, Peepette wrote:

<3 endark

#PENCIL_EQUALITY

#2s come in all colors didn't you know!

That means they're trying to make themselves better by having more color options!

Canuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 3:59:51 AM
Posted: 7 months ago

<3 endark

I was ready to disagree with you but had to look up what a #2 pencil refers to. Not living in the US and doing some drafting in the past, I was familiar with the the scale that includes 2H or a2B, but not just a #2. Apparently it's about the same as HB that I am familiar with in Canada. And I agree completely that the HB (or #2) gets most of the attention and privilege. I was always a bit more partial to the F pencil, but now just use whatever pens or pencils I can grab from the storage closet at work.