Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Rival debaters

THE_OPINIONATOR
Posts: 575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2010 2:29:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I was wondering if anyone on this site has a "rival" debater. Why are they your rival and for how long. What type of strategies do they use that you do not
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2010 8:55:31 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/25/2010 8:55:08 AM, wjmelements wrote:
mongeese and theLwerd.

That's cooled down more recently, though.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2010 9:16:05 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Cereb and DACT (If you can call him a debater)
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2010 4:32:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/25/2010 9:16:05 AM, Korashk wrote:
Cereb and DACT (If you can call him a debater)

Have you ever debated either of us?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Johnicle
Posts: 888
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2010 5:51:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/23/2010 2:29:38 PM, THE_OPINIONATOR wrote:
I was wondering if anyone on this site has a "rival" debater. Why are they your rival and for how long. What type of strategies do they use that you do not

People on this site have an all or nothing mentality. So when a rivalry get's going someone will do something stupid and get banned. the joshandr rivalry vs. the entire site got pretty serious.
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2010 11:28:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/25/2010 4:32:00 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/25/2010 9:16:05 AM, Korashk wrote:
Cereb and DACT (If you can call him a debater)

Have you ever debated either of us?

No, I was referring to the fact that you and he were/are rivals.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2010 12:48:35 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Shouldn't we all be rival debaters?
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2010 2:22:22 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/25/2010 11:28:07 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 11/25/2010 4:32:00 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/25/2010 9:16:05 AM, Korashk wrote:
Cereb and DACT (If you can call him a debater)

Have you ever debated either of us?

No, I was referring to the fact that you and he were/are rivals.

Seriously?
Holmes and Moriarty they are rivals.
A troll with a third of my IQ can not be deemed a rival. Just an insect I like to crush.
-)
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
THE_OPINIONATOR
Posts: 575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2010 3:30:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
lol well yea technicly speaking your opponent should be your rival haha I like your signature ann:)
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/26/2010 3:35:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/26/2010 3:30:48 PM, THE_OPINIONATOR wrote:
lol well yea technicly speaking your opponent should be your rival haha I like your signature ann:)

Haha thank you! :)
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2010 8:37:00 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/26/2010 2:22:22 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/25/2010 11:28:07 PM, Korashk wrote:
At 11/25/2010 4:32:00 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/25/2010 9:16:05 AM, Korashk wrote:
Cereb and DACT (If you can call him a debater)

Have you ever debated either of us?

No, I was referring to the fact that you and he were/are rivals.

Seriously?
Holmes and Moriarty they are rivals.
A troll with a third of my IQ can not be deemed a rival. Just an insect I like to crush.
-)

well, we tend to think of rivals as those who have tendency to reoccurring 'square off with each other" and though DATC is not good by anyones standards, you have held much longer forum 'spats' with him than anyone else on this sight is willing to bother, and it was a very reoccurring thing when he was active more often than he is now. So really you and DATC are probably the best examples of rivals on this sight, that I've noticed anyway. few others have had quite as long of back and fourth post and for quite as frequent as you too have in the past.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2010 8:38:00 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
askbob and the moderator where rivals. the moderator won one day though, and their rivalry has ended.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2010 8:41:46 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I wouldn't mind having a friendly rivalry. I could see Volkov being a rival, i respect him, he's bright, funny - but constantly on the wrong side of everything, including the border.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2010 8:44:43 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/25/2010 8:55:08 AM, wjmelements wrote:
mongeese and theLwerd.

How so? I debated him twice and both times he relied on petty semantics, so I realized debating him is a giant waste of my time -- I'd much rather debate someone competent that can actually challenge me. In that regard I'd say I've had fun debating PCP because we don't agree on religion, and Roy because I hate most conservatism. I've debated other religious or conservative people, but it's usually not that interesting.
President of DDO
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2010 11:04:09 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/27/2010 8:44:43 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I'd much rather debate someone competent that can actually challenge me. In that regard I'd say I've had fun debating PCP because we don't agree on religion...

;)
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
MikeLoviN
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2010 12:04:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/27/2010 8:41:46 AM, innomen wrote:
I wouldn't mind having a friendly rivalry. I could see Volkov being a rival, i respect him, he's bright, funny - but constantly on the wrong side of everything, including the border.

Less debt per capita, a third of the homicide rate, and a better civil rights record would say otherwise. :-)
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2010 12:12:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/27/2010 11:04:09 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 11/27/2010 8:44:43 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I'd much rather debate someone competent that can actually challenge me. In that regard I'd say I've had fun debating PCP because we don't agree on religion...

;)

Lemme know when you're ready to debate slavery in the Bible!
President of DDO