Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 1:41:36 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
The fight
http://www.debate.org...

How I will be judging is weighing both raps for each round, and deciding who won that round, and then at the end tallying up who had the most won rounds.

Round 1
Buddha started off really stellar with his first two lines.

When it comes to fire
B(i)tch I'm the number one supplier

Damn, thats good. After that, it sorts of falls apart. The next few lines are OK, until this stanza comes up.

these are
the first shots fired son
when it's all said and done
I'll be the only one
left standin

This is so off, it doesn"t flow. After that it is alright I guess. "Blastin" and "cannon" didn"t really work. After this structure was off.

compared to me all y'all is softer than satin
Call me Barry Bonds dog homeruns I be battin

Both of these should have been split up, it's just off this way. Buddha eventually makes up for this somewhat though with this stellar line.

and if this was a race, all y'all I be lappin

Transition from some lines was weird such as:

take what you been writin bruh you might as well scratch it
throw it right in the trash kid

But the rest of the lines in the stanza are good. The second stanza"s beginning isn"t very good. Who the hell is "jason"? This seems just like a filler because there was nothing else to put. All the lines to the end of "think you better?" aren"t good. After that its straight up fire, using "irrefutable" was especially awesome, and then "indisputable"...wow. After that it declines starting with

everything I've heard you spit straight up f(u)cking juvenile

This doesn"t make sense since TUF hasn"t said one word yet, so this makes zero sense. The next line should have been split up. I have to pause while reading the line, it doesn"t flow anymore:

it's childish it aint got none of that mileage

After this comes the second best line of Buddha"s R1,

leave you blinded and sightless from this lyrical brightness that shines like a diamond

Its absolutely perfect up until "diamond". Using "in" in the next line made it ok, but the ending is so paramount to the line that having a straight up volcano line but ending it OK, really hurts. The rest of the lines in the stanza were really good.

TUF starts off his R1 amazing, all the lines are awesome except for:

Sippin gin and tonic

It just seems really out of place, and irrelevant. TUF lists how bad Buddha"s rap is (e.g. sounds ironic, moronic, demonic), but then pauses and says he"s sippin gin and tonic, and then resumes immediately after attacking it (i.e. sounds like hooked on phonics). Sticking the line in the middle of the chain of insults just sets the whole thing off. It was a perfect chain of insults until that random line. It resumes being awesome until TUF ends a line with "religious", which doesn"t make any sense. And when this happens, I am left to assume its just a filler, which isn"t good. Besides that it was really good, but off in a few places. Such as:

But this"ll be like our last debate
On Mafia theory where I set your fate

The wording and syllable was off here, it just broke the rhythm. And

Im Selfish, objective Ayn Rand
But back to the topic on hand

This was weird mainly because in the first line "Im selfish" didn"t seem to have anything to do with "objective Ayn Rand", so sticking them together on the same line was really weird. And then the next line wants us to resume back to what TUF was saying, but he only stopped for literally one line, so it seems unnecessary. The lines are pretty good for the rest of the round though.

So o overall TUF won R1 since only a few wordings were off, and just minor structure things, but overall had much better flow, and better roasts, and lyrics made sense.

Round 2
Buddha definitely makes up for R1 here, his lyrics are lit. Especially the chorus that he found, he times it perfectly with his lines so that he"s perfectly in sync with it, especially given how cool the chorus was. I have to give kudos to using the actual chorus to blend with the lines:

and all I'm hearing from you

And the the chorus comes in with the children going "la la la", really genius. The rest is really good until the end, nothing to specifically comment on.

TUF steps up the challenge by freestyling, which automatically ups his game, and more impact on me as a judge. Overall, the rap was OKAY, I didn"t particularly like the beginning, about the platinum album going gold and stuff, it was off. After that a couple things were off, but the one about fantastic four and saving one for rosalie was awesome. But the rap was really short, and even given it was freestyled, Buddha won the round.

Round 3
Buddha was right, his opening was pretty cool. I especially love the ending

Now pass em all to me so I can have ya feast b(i)tch

Its super good up until

That I know i'm good is not arrogance
it's relevant

This doesn"t rhyme, and it stops the flow. And it was so easy to do so, change "relevant" to "relevance".

Buddha also embarks on a doctor oriented speal but cuts it short

Call me a doctor this is the clinic

The next line should elaborate on this, since this isn"t descriptive enough, but the next line isn"t about that. It's awkward including that in there, and then disregarding it the next line. Its really good after that though, especially

put this up in all the museums so future generations can witness

And it doesn"t end anywhere in the entire stanza, Buddha continues the streak hitting

hip hop is my wife so any bitch automatically a mistress

And

But don't miss this
Display of lyrical fitness

And

if ya flow is supersonic,
then have you heard me
Wouldn't that make me astronomic?

And

I already knew I was high in the sky
Guess I'm not a kite
put me up there with the satellites

The beginning of the second stanza is OK, but Buddha picks it up again halfway through, gaining really good momentum starting with the hacking part and not breaking once. The last stanza finishes it off very well. This is going to be hard to beat.

TUF decides to freestyle again, which gives him the same kudos as last time. But I didn"t like this rap too much, it got too sexual. It's too easy to go sexual. Regardless, the lines were off too many times, especially in the beginning. TUF had to wait for beat to catch up many times because he had gone off. It was like this until about 42 starting on serial killer tendencies where it finally got into a groove and on beat. The line on Nicki Minaj"s chest is really off. Then once TUF starts talking about sex it gets back in the groove, but again, it's so easy to turn to sex. Even then, he had to draw out some words that sound awkward drawn out to go with the beat. I did like

she munched on my d!ck like a macho burrito

That line was good, but sadly that was one of the only ones that stood out. So overall, I have to say that Buddha won R3 because TUF was too off beat too many times, even taking into account he was freestyling. TUF won R1, and Buddha won R2 and R3, thus I give Buddha the win. I can only factor into account the fact that TUF was freestyling so much, but Buddha still wins. Good job to both of you.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 3:18:30 AM
Excellent RFD, the only thing I need mention is that slayin it like jason is referencing jason from the Friday the 13th movies lol.

Some of my analogies and metaphors take time to think about, so no biggie that you missed it. Totally wasn't a filler
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 3:38:20 AM
I'll also note that I place hitting the beat at a super high importance. Listen to the beats I was rapping to

"Public Service Announcement- Jay-Z"

"La La La- Lil Wayne" off one of his mixtape, not the one off one of his Carter albums

"Go DJ- Lil Wayne"

You'll see I hit the beats, and actually mimic'd flow to an extent as one would do on a mixtape.

You'll see more of the same If I actually do a mixtape, which I'm working on accomplishing(i.e. I have interested parties willing to record). Cause that's the point of a mixtape, you find a beat, and hit it better then the one who did it originally
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 3:41:38 AM
At 4/17/2016 3:18:30 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
Excellent RFD, the only thing I need mention is that slayin it like jason is referencing jason from the Friday the 13th movies lol.

Ah, I've never seen that movie

Some of my analogies and metaphors take time to think about, so no biggie that you missed it. Totally wasn't a filler

Ok lol
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 3:45:33 AM
At 4/17/2016 3:38:20 AM, Buddamoose wrote:
I'll also note that I place hitting the beat at a super high importance. Listen to the beats I was rapping to

I place it at such a high importance that I actually have a "this is how you heat the right b!tch"

set to Lil Wayne's "Let the Beat Build b!tech" but I abandoned cause I realized half of it would be lost cause Bass doesn't translate into recording unless in studio lol
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 3:46:28 AM
*Heat the Beat Right Bitch"

Wherein I chopped like a speedy mofo when the triple snare set in
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 4:47:29 AM
Thanks for the RFD hayd. There were some mis understood lines I think, but to clarify the important one about Ayn Rand was about her theories on Objectivity, how human nature is selfish
It was based a debate I watched lucky Luciano and ajabi partake in. I guess the reference was a bit too out there for a rap battle lol
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 4:51:28 AM
To the plebians it was dog, but I got it. Mainstream it wasn't fire, but it was fire nonetheless. But you understand next time I freestyle with you, you gon get wrecked right? I've been practicing so much it's picture perfect in a beat that I know, and I'll jet outta after roastin everyone like a ghost like swayed, I ain't even playin fake G ;)
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 4:54:03 AM
You sparked off a monster, next level like Godzilla up in a beat, couldn't even be taken if you were that pus$y arse mothra
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2016 6:46:38 AM
At 4/17/2016 4:47:29 AM, TUF wrote:
Thanks for the RFD hayd. There were some mis understood lines I think, but to clarify the important one about Ayn Rand was about her theories on Objectivity, how human nature is selfish

Ah, youre too advanced