Jump to topic:

The Inventory of Whiteflame's Ineptitude

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 3:37:55 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
I am leaving these here because I will at some point when I have enough data work up an analysis of just how stupid (i.e. what percentage of stupidity versus nonstupidity) we witness from whiteflame in moderation of votes.
Tsar of DDO
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 3:47:02 AM
At 4/27/2016 3:36:51 AM, YYW wrote:
Whiteflame's stupidity, part 2:

http://www.debate.org...

The vote removed on this debate was objectively bad and any reasonable moderator would have removed it.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 3:48:24 AM
At 4/26/2016 12:38:26 AM, YYW wrote:

The votes on this one were also obviously insufficient.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 3:49:02 AM
At 4/27/2016 3:47:02 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 4/27/2016 3:36:51 AM, YYW wrote:
Whiteflame's stupidity, part 2:

The vote removed on this debate was objectively bad and any reasonable moderator would have removed it.

Right and what I'm doing is getting all the data together so we have points of comparison.

It's one thing to say "here are some instances where he fvcked up." It's another entirely to say "Here is a representative sample of everything he's done, and this is the percentage of time he makes mistakes."

i've got to have everything to tell me how often he screws up.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 3:50:00 AM
At 4/27/2016 3:48:24 AM, tejretics wrote:
At 4/26/2016 12:38:26 AM, YYW wrote:

The votes on this one were also obviously insufficient.

I haven't read them, and won't until I have time to go through it all. But I'm pulling a sample of what he does. That's going to require multiple instances over several weeks.

This will be a long project.
Tsar of DDO
MagicAintReal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 2:12:34 PM
I haven't read them, and won't until I have time to go through it all. But I'm pulling a sample of what he does. That's going to require multiple instances over several weeks.

Ok, so by your own admission, you don't know if a vast percentage of whiteflame's moderation is bunk.
So, what if it's the case that, after all of your data compilation, you find that whiteflame's moderation is actually, on the whole, good?
Are you willing to change your tune?

Your problems with whiteflame *seem* to be disproportionate to the ills he's actually committing, thus your constant bashing of him seems somewhat emotional...why such a grudge?

I get that you care about proper moderation, and your knowledge of debate voting standards is vast, but seriously, why such a hatred toward whiteflame, especially if the data may not show that he's overall a bad moderator?
Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 2:50:25 PM
Flame war! Flame war! Flame war!

No, flame wars are bad.

War, what is it good for?

Absolutely nothing.
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-
http://tinyurl.com...

Stupid atheist remarks #: 6
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 3:10:29 PM
At 4/27/2016 2:12:34 PM, MagicAintReal wrote:

Ok, so by your own admission, you don't know if a vast percentage of whiteflame's moderation is bunk.
So, what if it's the case that, after all of your data compilation, you find that whiteflame's moderation is actually, on the whole, good?
Are you willing to change your tune?

Sure. I've said from the start that he gets about 60% of calls right. That's an F, for a grade.

Of the calls he gets right, he gets them right for the right reason about 30% of the time.

Your problems with whiteflame *seem* to be disproportionate to the ills he's actually committing, thus your constant bashing of him seems somewhat emotional...why such a grudge?

If this seems "emotional" to you then you are not paying attention.

I get that you care about proper moderation, and your knowledge of debate voting standards is vast, but seriously, why such a hatred toward whiteflame, especially if the data may not show that he's overall a bad moderator?

I don't hate him. I said he is stupid, and that is evidenced by the failing rate at which he moderates. Calling a person stupid is not the same as "hating" them.

I've said from the beginning that I think Whiteflame tries to be a good guy, but the problem is that this is all over his head. He's not smart enough to keep up. That doesn't mean that I hate him.

It means that he is causing palpable damage to this community in his current capacity, and my efforts here are oriented towards mitigating that damage.

There are some (stupid) members who want to reframe this into a discussion only of "me being mean to whiteflame" based on "a grudge" or some "personal animosity" or whatever... people like raisor, who is an incompetent voter himself (e.g. his vote on bsh1's debate with airmax regarding free speech, or his vote on bsh1's debate with whiteflame regarding militias).

What it comes down to is that there are some people who are smart enough to understand certain things (i.e. how to weigh the relative strength of arguments) and there are others who are not (e.g. whiteflame, and raisor, etc.).

Only those people who are smart enough to understand the problem are going to understand why whiteflame's got to go.

Many people have recognized the problem with vote moderation, and that problem centralizes on Whiteflame's consistently bad judgment.

Examples of his incompetence abound. Every week we have more and more instances of him being dumb, and, in fact, Whiteflame has even had votes removed himself because he can't even write votes consistent with the standards, much less understand the standards or apply them.

That is why he must go.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 3:11:06 PM
At 4/27/2016 2:50:25 PM, Dragon_of_Christ wrote:

No, flame wars are bad.

Absolutely nothing.

How dare you post in my thread.
Tsar of DDO
Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 3:12:21 PM
At 4/27/2016 3:11:06 PM, YYW wrote:

No, flame wars are bad.

Absolutely nothing.

This is a classic.

Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 3:13:39 PM
At 4/27/2016 3:12:21 PM, Dragon_of_Christ wrote:

No, flame wars are bad.

Absolutely nothing.

This is a classic.

How dare you speak to me.
Tsar of DDO
Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 3:20:22 PM
At 4/27/2016 3:13:39 PM, YYW wrote:

No, flame wars are bad.

Absolutely nothing.

This is a classic.

Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 3:21:27 PM
At 4/27/2016 3:20:22 PM, Dragon_of_Christ wrote:

No, flame wars are bad.

Absolutely nothing.

This is a classic.

http://www.reactiongifs.com...
Tsar of DDO
Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 3:25:21 PM
At 4/27/2016 3:21:27 PM, YYW wrote:
At 4/27/2016 3:20:22 PM, Dragon_of_Christ wrote:

No, flame wars are bad.

Absolutely nothing.

This is a classic.

Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-

MagicAintReal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 4:13:47 PM
Sure. I've said from the start that he gets about 60% of calls right. That's an F, for a grade.

Nope, it's a D, but maybe where you're from the grading is different.

Of the calls he gets right, he gets them right for the right reason about 30% of the time.

The ultimate arbiter of "getting them right for the right reason" is you?
So far, on this thread, I have not seen this level of incompetence of which you speak, and if that means you call me "stupid" or whatever, it has no impact on my assessment of his incompetence in the examples you provided, and it speaks to you maybe having some animosity aside from calling him stupid.

If this seems "emotional" to you then you are not paying attention.

If you can't see how starting countless threads about some particular problems, with a particular moderator, in a particularly virulent manner, for whom you call their resignation based only on these particular problems *seems* emotionally attached, you are not paying attention or lack an imagination.

But I understand that if moderation is really as bad as you claim, then informing everyone is a reasonable move.

I don't hate him. I said he is stupid, and that is evidenced by the failing rate at which he moderates. Calling a person stupid is not the same as "hating" them.

Yes, but if your claims of stupidity don't actually match up with the reality of whiteflame's stupidity in total, inferring your hatred of him makes sense.
Again, I get that you're indicating incompetence, and that indicating incompetence does not a hatred make, but it seems disproportional to his actual incompetence.

I've said from the beginning that I think Whiteflame tries to be a good guy, but the problem is that this is all over his head. He's not smart enough to keep up. That doesn't mean that I hate him.

You're saying "he's not smart enough to keep up" with debate moderation right?
He's getting his degree in microbiology and they're working on how to detect viruses in strains of tobacco...sound smart to me.
You're painting him with such a broad stupid brush, and *this* makes it look like you hate him.

It means that he is causing palpable damage to this community in his current capacity, and my efforts here are oriented towards mitigating that damage.

Great, mitigate away, but don't create damage where there isn't any.

There are some (stupid) members who want to reframe this into a discussion only of "me being mean to whiteflame" based on "a grudge" or some "personal animosity" or whatever... people like raisor, who is an incompetent voter himself (e.g. his vote on bsh1's debate with airmax regarding free speech, or his vote on bsh1's debate with whiteflame regarding militias).

You love that adjective...look these people are merely looking at your response and finding it to be disproportionate to the perceived errors of whitelfame.
I see where your assessments of him are coming from, I just think you exacerbate otherwise trivial aspects of whiteflame's moderation, which again speaks to something else.

What it comes down to is that there are some people who are smart enough to understand certain things (i.e. how to weigh the relative strength of arguments) and there are others who are not (e.g. whiteflame, and raisor, etc.).

Yes, but the examples I've seen so far, do not show that whiteflame doesn't understand weighing relative strength of arguments...you seem to be biased.

Only those people who are smart enough to understand the problem are going to understand why whiteflame's got to go.

Smart and stupid, your favorite divisive dichotomy...you're either with me and smart or you're against me and stupid and never the two shall twain.

Many people have recognized the problem with vote moderation, and that problem centralizes on Whiteflame's consistently bad judgment.

No, the problem with vote moderation, in my opinion, is that the standards are too low for sufficient votes, and because of THIS incompetence, the opt-in system had to be created...the opt-in system should be the norm, not the exception.

Examples of his incompetence abound. Every week we have more and more instances of him being dumb, and, in fact, Whiteflame has even had votes removed himself because he can't even write votes consistent with the standards, much less understand the standards or apply them.

I'm sure you have found the abundance of his incompetence, but I haven't seen it in the examples you have provided here, at least not to the extent that a call for resignation and a deeming of stupid require.

So I know that you've been adamant about the fact that you do not hate whiteflame, but is there anything that particularly got this "whiteflame is stupid" ball rolling?
Was there ever any flare up originally between you two?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2016 4:01:09 PM
YYW should call me an incompetent voter as well. I'd be honored to be put in the same category as other "incompetent" voters like whiteflame and Raisor.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2016 6:03:55 PM
At 4/28/2016 4:01:09 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
YYW should call me an incompetent voter as well. I'd be honored to be put in the same category as other "incompetent" voters like whiteflame and Raisor.

+1
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 5:10:26 AM
At 4/28/2016 4:01:09 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Except you're not.
Tsar of DDO