Jump to topic:

The weirdest experience

dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 7:13:51 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Yesterday as I was leaving my university's library I just randomly saw Bernie Sanders walking around. He was apparently visiting Eugene to give a talk, but I didn't know what the commotion was about until l I literally saw Bernie. I came within like 8 feet of him just going to get my bike. It was so random and surreal.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 9:22:01 PM
At 4/29/2016 7:13:51 PM, dylancatlow wrote:
Yesterday as I was leaving my university's library I just randomly saw Bernie Sanders walking around. He was apparently visiting Eugene to give a talk, but I didn't know what the commotion was about until l I literally saw Bernie. I came within like 8 feet of him just going to get my bike. It was so random and surreal.

You could have killed him and changed everything.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 10:15:43 PM
At 4/29/2016 9:22:01 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

You could have killed him and changed everything.

That's what I was thinking about the entire time
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 10:17:19 PM

Aka "I don't watch the news, so my obliviousness made a mundane event a surreal experience"
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 10:21:08 PM
At 4/29/2016 10:17:19 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

Aka "I don't watch the news, so my obliviousness made a mundane event a surreal experience"

That makes not the least bit of sense, as you know
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 10:22:27 PM
At 4/29/2016 10:21:08 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

Fitting, as you know.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 10:23:23 PM
At 4/29/2016 10:22:27 PM, ShabShoral wrote:
At 4/29/2016 10:21:08 PM, dylancatlow wrote:

Fitting, as you know.

I already know, as you know, as I know.
RyuuKyuzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 11:57:26 PM

I think watching the news would make it more surreal, because if you're used to seeing someone in a particular context, especially one with as high of a degree of separation as only seeing them on television, then randomly seeing them in-person would seem surreal.
If you're reading this, you're awesome and you should feel awesome.
dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 12:07:46 AM
At 4/29/2016 11:57:26 PM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:

I think watching the news would make it more surreal, because if you're used to seeing someone in a particular context, especially one with as high of a degree of separation as only seeing them on television, then randomly seeing them in-person would seem surreal.

Please don't waste your time trying to explain anything to that moron. Sadly, his mother made a habit of bashing his head against walls when he was young, which left him in the state he is in now.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2016 8:42:40 PM

I get it. I met James Brown in person and it felt like stepping into another dimension. You don't expect to meet the people you know only in a 1 dimensional manner. Like a paper doll becoming 3D.