Jump to topic:

Shout outs and to several members

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 1:26:25 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
I thought I would leave my parting thoughts on several members. This was mentioned in my goodbye thread posted here: http://www.debate.org...

If I have left you out, I am sorry, but this is not planned, and is a stream of consciousness, so may not be completely accurate.

A

Airmax- You are a great guy, a class above most others here. About 5 other people on this site are as classy as you, and they do not spend much time here. I admire you more than you know, and hopefully I can one day I can develop the traits I admire you for. You have an incredible control of your emotions, and always seem to make the correct decisions. I don't know your personal occupation, but it should be a supreme court justice, with how well thought out and fair everything you do is.

B

Blade-of-Truth- Your presence on the site has been incredible. You have contributed almost exclusively in positive ways. I hope that people recognize your greatness. Please continue with your Tea Time updates. Those things are amazing. I have left Rosalie in charge of my ticket, but I truly hopes that she brings you on as either the president or the VP. Your intelligence, class and out of the box thinking would help that ticket immensely, and with or without my presence, that ticket is the one which would serve DDO the best.

BSH1- I love you man. Sorry for treating you as a political pawn after you left my campaign, though I stand by my decision to include you in it. I figured despite the tension between us we would have made a great team, you would have kept me level headed, and I would have kept you more open to change. You have done a lot for this site, I just wish people were more appreciative. I hope whoever wins the presidency continues your more popular programs, and include you in all the decision making processes concerning it. I also hope that you stop depending on others for your self esteem. Your worth is determined by your actions, not by people's perceptions of you or your actions. A man should be a rock, get some help my friend.

D

DK- I am glad to be in the same hall of fame class as you, despite thinking having so many inductees is starting to water down the prestige. You work really hard to make this site a better place, most of it behind the scenes. I like your plan for contacting Juggle, and hope you will work with Rosalie when she wins the presidency. You guys will make a good team, when the dust settles.

E

Endarkened Rationalist- Stop being such an idealist, start thinking in more practical ways. Every idealist turns into a serial killer or a bitter old man. They hate the world and everything around them. Besides the negative effects idealism has on you personally, it prevents you from actually making progress. "perfection is the enemy of progress".

Esocial- Thanks for being a great friend. I love talking to you. You are such sweet loving person.

F

FamousDebater- Working with you lately has shown me how incredible you are. Your input on my ticket's policies was incredible. You are sober minded and deserve a spot in anybody's administration, and you deserve to run BSH1's programs. Somebody made reference to your poor debating skills as proof you would not be competent in that area, but watching you behind the scenes, has proven to me that nobody is more competent to take over those programs. Your sober mindedness, and great insights proves you are destined for great things.

FT/F16- You guys are the same person right? Whatever, keep on keeping on.

G

Geogeer- Wow you are amazing. I have never seen somebody as knowledgeable on Catholicism as you, I have never seen anyone defend the positions you have as well. If you picked more popular positions, you'd have an ELO of 5,000. My debate with you on the shroud of Turin is perhaps the toughest I have had, and I know your position was absurd.

I

Imabench- Stop with this campaign for presidency, it is absurd. The weekly stupid is great entertainment as well as your debates. How about focusing on that stuff, so people have more fun things going on around here. Your creative side is where you truly shine. I almost hate to see you become a lawyer, thinking you are a better fit for the entertainment industry, but I guess it is better you are a successful lawyer than a broke entertainer.

R

Rosalie- It should have always been you running for president. You pulled me into this campaign, and I tried to leave several times, but you kept dragging me in. I think perhaps you doubted your ability to lead or to win, but I have given you the formula for winning, if you follow it, you will win. You have incredible integrity. You have always chastized me when I played dirty politics and praised me when I played fair. I do fear you lack a bit of maturity, when it comes to applying this integrity. For example you jump into nearly every thread where a flame war is happening with YYW, and ask people to stop fighting, when the more mature thing to do is to just avoid those threads or the fights happening within them. I also worry that you lack some out of the box thinking. You'll need to work on thinking more out of the box.

Romannii- Stop creating more accounts it's annoying, and you're fooling nobody

S

Sapphique- You are doing an excellent job with the beginner's series. You are incredibly smart as well as mature and easy to talk to.

T

Thett- I feel like I agree with you on just about every topic except for who should be DDO's next president. Because I agree with everything, I must acknowledge you are a genius and the smartest person on the site.

V

VoxVeritas- I have seen you go from an immature little kid who could not debate a wall, to an immature kid who was struggling to find his identity here and desperate for attention, often creating new accounts within days of each other, playing off the user names of others. Now I look at you and see a mature young man, refining his world views to be more intelligent, and growing everyday. Keep growing my friend, it will pay off in the long haul.

W

Whiteflame- We joined the same day. When we first started on the site people kept confusing us for each other, though that would never happen now. I've learned so much by debating you and consistently following your debates. Despite recent criticisms, you are a great mod, a great debater and a great judge, though I won't lie sometimes your analysis confuses me. I feel like you've awarded me about 20 wins I should have lost and 20 losses I should have won.

X

XLAV- God dam it, you are like a 16 year old Asian version of me. Only you are a smarter 16 year old version of myself. I admire your mafia skills and your ability to troll everybody in a mafia game without them even realizing it. Stay Golden pony boy.

Y

YYW- There are things I love about you, and things I hate about you. despite me avoiding any confrontations with you (for the most part), I keep going back in forth on whether I love or hate you. There is no in between, and I think that is how the site sees you for the most part. People either love your or they hate you. When you are dispassionate about something, you are a genius. I have seen you provide analysis on a wide range of subjects, and not just good analysis, but incredible and seemingly completely unbiased, though there are some subjects where emotions cloud your judgments. I love your analysis, I love the inspirational side of you, but I hate how you can't just let stuff slide. How you can't seem to walk away from a conflict, and how you seem to think the "ends justify the means". Overall you're awesome

I promised I would just create one post in this thread, if I left you out than
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 4:08:23 AM
At 5/3/2016 1:26:25 AM, Wylted wrote:

Blade-of-Truth- Your presence on the site has been incredible. You have contributed almost exclusively in positive ways. I hope that people recognize your greatness. Please continue with your Tea Time updates. Those things are amazing. I have left Rosalie in charge of my ticket, but I truly hopes that she brings you on as either the president or the VP. Your intelligence, class and out of the box thinking would help that ticket immensely, and with or without my presence, that ticket is the one which would serve DDO the best.

Love you bro, and I'll miss you greatly on this site. I'm happy we're fb friends and I hope that someday we'll be able to share a beer together. Until then, take care and godspeed in any and every pursuit in life!
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
UchihaMadara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 4:45:32 AM
Romannii- Stop creating more accounts it's annoying, and you're fooling nobody

I must admit, this shout-out is disappointing. I thought we had something special, especially after the December election T^T

Jk, I'm glad I got any shout-out at all.

Anyways, this is rather upsetting. You were an awesome member, and getting to know you has been a pleasure. We're all gonna miss your unique personality -- this is one of those few goodbye threads that nobody will be able to read without feeling a bit of sadness. With your departure, DDO has become a significantly suckier place (although your presence has been declining for a while anyways). Let's hope that this isn't permanent...

I wish you nothing but the best of luck in your IRL endeavors <3
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 5:17:38 AM
Thanks, Wylted. I appreciate that. Good luck with whatever's going on in your life.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 3:29:16 PM

I

Imabench- Stop with this campaign for presidency, it is absurd.

Not really ;)

The weekly stupid is great entertainment as well as your debates. How about focusing on that stuff, so people have more fun things going on around here. Your creative side is where you truly shine. I almost hate to see you become a lawyer, thinking you are a better fit for the entertainment industry, but I guess it is better you are a successful lawyer than a broke entertainer.

Oh im not going to stay in law school, I hate it. I already got accepted into a program at UNF for masters in history and im probably going to jump ship into that rather than stay in law school.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 3:38:03 PM
At 5/3/2016 3:29:16 PM, imabench wrote:

I

Imabench- Stop with this campaign for presidency, it is absurd.

Not really ;)

The weekly stupid is great entertainment as well as your debates. How about focusing on that stuff, so people have more fun things going on around here. Your creative side is where you truly shine. I almost hate to see you become a lawyer, thinking you are a better fit for the entertainment industry, but I guess it is better you are a successful lawyer than a broke entertainer.

Oh im not going to stay in law school, I hate it. I already got accepted into a program at UNF for masters in history and im probably going to jump ship into that rather than stay in law school.

You should go into film making or video editing.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 10:32:40 PM

You missed C :'(

I'll miss you! Glad to hear of your recent conversion, too. :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 2:22:09 PM
Good luck out there. I hear the real world outside of DDO has sunlight...
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 5:50:39 PM
At 5/4/2016 2:22:09 PM, Vaarka wrote:

Lol.

Thanks for the shoutout, Wylted; you'll be missed.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
ESocialBookworm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 6:01:31 PM
E

Endarkened Rationalist- Stop being such an idealist, start thinking in more practical ways. Every idealist turns into a serial killer or a bitter old man. They hate the world and everything around them. Besides the negative effects idealism has on you personally, it prevents you from actually making progress. "perfection is the enemy of progress".

Since Ennie isn't here, I'll just thank you on behalf of him for your advice.

Esocial- Thanks for being a great friend. I love talking to you. You are such sweet loving person.

Love you too honey <3 Stay in touch!
You'll be a great dad to your new pumpkin! Good luck with everything irl!
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2016 9:54:20 PM
At 5/4/2016 2:22:09 PM, Vaarka wrote:

No it's filled with work and being told what to do all the time.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 4:10:24 PM
Aw nigga.

I can't believe I just saw this now. No wonder attention whores posts their sh*t on the debate.org subforum, but props to you for posting this in the right forum.
XLAV
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2016 4:11:16 PM
X

XLAV- God dam it, you are like a 16 year old Asian version of me. Only you are a smarter 16 year old version of myself. I admire your mafia skills and your ability to troll everybody in a mafia game without them even realizing it. Stay Golden pony boy.
And I'm 17 now, wtf.