Jump to topic:

SANTA CLAUS ISN'T REAL STORIEs.

xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 7:46:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
When I was like 7? I stayed up all night and saw that Santa wasn't real, but that the Easter bunny was the person putting presents under my tree.

Shattered the world as I knew it.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 7:53:42 PM
. . . I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus . . . and Colonel Sanders was watching . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 7:57:36 PM
I never believed in Santa. From a very young age my grandparents said that believing in Santa was childish and I needed to be more mature. Same with the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny and anything else they deemed to be "for children". Keep in mind, I was 4 when they first told me to "stop being childish". Lol for dysfunctional families.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:07:12 PM
At 12/4/2010 7:20:27 PM, Koopin wrote:
Guess everyone still believes...

Yup you're the crazy one
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:09:34 PM
I remember teasing my younger cousin when I was 7 or younger for believing so I suppose I never believed.
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 8:53:44 PM
I once had neighbours who had their parents tell them at a certain age that Santa Claus didn't exist. They then told me, lol. I was about 11 or 12 at the time. I know, kinda late, but I was a pretty innocent child.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 9:10:59 PM
If he was real he would be a Mexican . . . http://www.debate.org... don't you agree? (racists anonymous)
Minister Of Trolling
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 9:18:27 PM
At 12/4/2010 9:13:00 PM, clucas wrote:
What do you mean hes not real?

Does the act of thinking it make it real but does the act of it not being in the physical reality make it any less real . . . ?
Minister Of Trolling
:
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 9:33:12 PM
I performed an experiment on the tooth fairy, by hiding a tooth under the pillow without informing a parent. Santa claus followed logically, the story being built on the same foundation.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
clucas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 10:41:08 PM
At 12/4/2010 9:18:27 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

Does the act of thinking it make it real but does the act of it not being in the physical reality make it any less real . . . ?

So... he is real?
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 10:46:48 PM
At 12/4/2010 9:33:12 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
I performed an experiment on the tooth fairy, by hiding a tooth under the pillow without informing a parent. Santa claus followed logically, the story being built on the same foundation.

I remember trying to sleep in a way that the tooth would be harder to collect, thinking that if the tooth fairy didn't get it, I would get twice as much money.

For some reason, I didn't realize the tooth fairy was a lie until I found my collected tooth in the trash can. And even then, I didn't deduce that this meant Santa and the Easter Bunny were my parents.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2010 11:11:28 PM
At 12/4/2010 10:41:08 PM, clucas wrote:
At 12/4/2010 9:18:27 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

So... he is real?

I don't know I was using raw philosophy . . . *?*
Minister Of Trolling
:
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2010 7:41:24 AM
I performed an experiment on the tooth fairy, by hiding a tooth under the pillow without informing a parent.

ha! same here.

and then one easter I stayed up literally all night looking out my window (which overlooks the front lawn) and then eventually saw my parents go out to put out the candy... very anti-climatic.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2010 9:18:58 AM
I never believed in those things because my parents never went out of their way to hide it. Santa Claus ALWAYS used the same wrapping paper as my parents.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2010 10:44:57 AM
At 12/5/2010 7:41:24 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
I performed an experiment on the tooth fairy, by hiding a tooth under the pillow without informing a parent.

ha! same here.

and then one easter I stayed up literally all night looking out my window (which overlooks the front lawn) and then eventually saw my parents go out to put out the candy... very anti-climatic.

From then on, you became an atheists...
kfc
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2010 11:31:51 AM
At 12/5/2010 10:44:57 AM, Koopin wrote:

You have a point.

If, instead, I had seen a big bunny hopping down the road with a big basket of plastic eggs...

and have encountered the Tooth Fairy...

then I prolly would've remained much more open to the idea that there's a big guy in the sky up there.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2010 12:06:32 PM
I don't think i ever believed in santa claus. I just found it completely implausible. I mean going to every house in one night making toys for people. Just seemed so absurd.

Tooth fairy was a little bit more logical. The tooth fairy only gave a dollar and not everyone lost their tooth in every night. I forget when I stopped believing in him, but I knew it was a fairly young age.

I stopped believing in god probably sometime in my teens.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2010 1:22:40 PM
i stopped believing in santa when i was like 6 or 7 and woke up while my mom was trying to secretly replace the tooth under my pillow with money... if one is fake they're clearly all fake...

and btw whoever came up with the tooth fairy idea was freakin brilliant. loosing teeth is scary. getting money is awesome. making losing teeth less scary= made of win
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2010 1:53:18 PM
At 12/5/2010 10:44:57 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 12/5/2010 7:41:24 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

ha! same here.

The agnostic step even came by another experiment! :P
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2010 2:37:01 PM
At 12/5/2010 9:18:58 AM, TulleKrazy wrote:
I never believed in those things because my parents never went out of their way to hide it. Santa Claus ALWAYS used the same wrapping paper as my parents.

lol, that happened to a few people I know. They opened their presents and were like "wtf?"
clucas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2010 3:31:53 PM
At 12/5/2010 3:17:06 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
One year they left the price tag on a used game. Fail.

Aha that actually happened to me as well, when i was younger