Jump to topic:

Underground economy

Kescarte_DeJudica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 3:26:37 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
I want to start an underground economy. It ideally will be a place where business transactions can take place without a lot of government and corporate surveilance. Who wants to join me? And how do we get started?

*Oh, and I think a good name for it would be "The Kescarte Economy".
I'm not sure what to put here yet. Someone please give me some suggestions.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 3:33:03 PM
At 5/19/2016 3:26:37 PM, Kescarte_DeJudica wrote:
I want to start an underground economy. It ideally will be a place where business transactions can take place without a lot of government and corporate surveilance. Who wants to join me? And how do we get started?

The barter system works well. Kept me going all through college.
Kescarte_DeJudica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 3:37:15 PM
At 5/19/2016 3:33:03 PM, Peepette wrote:

Really? That's facisinating! Would you please explain in detail how such a system works and how someone would set one up?
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 3:44:15 PM
At 5/19/2016 3:37:15 PM, Kescarte_DeJudica wrote:

Really? That's facisinating! Would you please explain in detail how such a system works and how someone would set one up?

Pretty simple. Example: My car breaks down, I don't know how to fix it, but I know someone who can. I agree to make dinner, the mechanic fixes my car in exchange. I also barter my home made pickles for baked goods. No money is exchanged.
Kescarte_DeJudica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 3:55:17 PM
At 5/19/2016 3:44:15 PM, Peepette wrote:

Pretty simple. Example: My car breaks down, I don't know how to fix it, but I know someone who can. I agree to make dinner, the mechanic fixes my car in exchange. I also barter my home made pickles for baked goods. No money is exchanged.

And that worked throughout college for you? No central currency of any kind (silver, cigarettes, postage stamps, etc.)? And how many people do you think would be willing to take part in such an exchange in any given area of the country?
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 4:08:08 PM
At 5/19/2016 3:55:17 PM, Kescarte_DeJudica wrote:

And that worked throughout college for you? No central currency of any kind (silver, cigarettes, postage stamps, etc.)? And how many people do you think would be willing to take part in such an exchange in any given area of the country?

Yes. The barter system is one of the oldest economic systems on Earth and is still practiced today. All you need is a group of friends with diverse talents. I'm surprised that you don't know about this. The early colonist employed the barter system with Native Americans. Just don't let the government know what you're doing. When it comes to exchanges of finished food goods or even crops, they want to implement all types of licences and fees, and of course sales taxes. It's a thing best kept between friends and small groups.

https://www.mint.com...
Kescarte_DeJudica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 5:24:11 PM
At 5/19/2016 4:08:08 PM, Peepette wrote:
At 5/19/2016 3:55:17 PM, Kescarte_DeJudica wrote:

Yes. The barter system is one of the oldest economic systems on Earth and is still practiced today. All you need is a group of friends with diverse talents. I'm surprised that you don't know about this. The early colonist employed the barter system with Native Americans. Just don't let the government know what you're doing. When it comes to exchanges of finished food goods or even crops, they want to implement all types of licences and fees, and of course sales taxes. It's a thing best kept between friends and small groups.

https://www.mint.com...

Well, thank you very much Peepette. I will try and incorporate bartering into the undergound economy as much as is feasibly possible. Does anyone else have any suggestions?
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 7:40:18 AM

You gut a real purdy mouth.............
Kescarte_DeJudica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 4:11:09 PM
At 5/31/2016 7:40:18 AM, illegalcombat wrote:

You gut a real purdy mouth.............

Uhhhhh... Thank you?
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 4:13:23 PM

economy section pls.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
Kescarte_DeJudica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 4:16:39 PM
At 5/31/2016 4:13:23 PM, fire_wings wrote:

economy section pls.

Huh?
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 4:17:23 PM
At 5/31/2016 4:16:39 PM, Kescarte_DeJudica wrote:

economy section pls.

Huh?

economy forum.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
Kescarte_DeJudica
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2016 4:27:32 PM
At 5/31/2016 4:17:23 PM, fire_wings wrote:
At 5/31/2016 4:16:39 PM, Kescarte_DeJudica wrote:

economy section pls.

Huh?

economy forum.

What about it?