Jump to topic:

Irrational Fears You Have

Carolean_Karl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 3:38:22 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Just what the title says, what irrational fears do you have? Do you know anyone that has an irrational fear? What is it? It doesn't have to be phobia-like levels, just something that makes you really uncomfortable for no apparent reason.

While I'm totally with looking over the edge of a tall building, I am terrified of the same height when it's indoors. It doesn't matter the height, I will stay at least three feet away from an indoor ledge. I stayed in the Luxor pyramid in Los Vegas once - that was one of the scariest nights of my life.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 5:25:29 PM
At 5/19/2016 3:38:22 PM, Carolean_Karl wrote:
Just what the title says, what irrational fears do you have? Do you know anyone that has an irrational fear? What is it? It doesn't have to be phobia-like levels, just something that makes you really uncomfortable for no apparent reason.

While I'm totally with looking over the edge of a tall building, I am terrified of the same height when it's indoors. It doesn't matter the height, I will stay at least three feet away from an indoor ledge. I stayed in the Luxor pyramid in Los Vegas once - that was one of the scariest nights of my life.

Thunder
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 6:08:19 PM
I hate bugs.
Those little fvckers are super creepy to me.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 6:09:06 PM
At 5/19/2016 6:08:19 PM, Valkrin wrote:
I hate bugs.

^
Unless it's butterflies, ants, or ladybugs.
And I don't like ants being inside my house.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 6:11:38 PM
I also have an irrational fear of fire drills.

Now...during the drill, I don't care. When it goes off, it startles me, but that's about it. What this fear really is...is the suspense of wondering when it will go off. Idk why, but when I know there are only a few days left in the month for it to go off, and it's on my mind, I get the creeps wondering when it'll go off, because I know it'll be loud and startle me when it does, and for some reason the suspense of when it'll happen scares me :/

Also being caught off guard by it sometimes gives me an aching migraine.

Valkrin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 6:12:47 PM
At 5/19/2016 6:09:06 PM, Vaarka wrote:
I hate bugs.

^
Unless it's butterflies, ants, or ladybugs.
And I don't like ants being inside my house.

Obviously some are exempt from this rule (especially fireflies and butterflies, so pretty :D)

Otherwise I stay away from them.
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." - Vaarka
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 6:29:43 PM
God (JK LOL)

I don't really have fears.
#Don'tlookatDATXDUDE'sprofilebecauseyoureyeswillexplode ~ Petfish
#Treebrokethechurchbells ~ Discipulus_Didicit
Don't quote me ~fire_wings
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig. ~Seventh
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 7:15:14 PM
At 5/19/2016 6:29:43 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:
God (JK LOL)

A friend of mine (Stephan) likes a girl who has a disorder where she doesn't fear anything.

Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 7:22:06 PM
At 5/19/2016 7:15:14 PM, Vaarka wrote:
God (JK LOL)

A friend of mine (Stephan) likes a girl who has a disorder where she doesn't fear anything.

A characteristic of insane people is the absence of fear.

I don't fear anything but two things.

My god and my mom.

Nothing else, not even death.

This is typical of a sociopath. XD
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-
http://tinyurl.com...
http://tinyurl.com...

Stupid atheist remarks #: 6
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 7:54:45 PM
God (JK LOL)

Ouch, I have enough disorders. Looks like I'm adding another one to the list
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2016 11:07:55 PM
Non of my fears are irrational, I can site history to back everyone of them up. History always repeats.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 3:27:59 AM
At 5/19/2016 7:54:45 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:
God (JK LOL)

I mean she is incapable of acknowledging fear (I think). She has common sense, though.

missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 4:03:29 AM
I fear death for whatever reason. I'll just be sitting in bed, listening to Freddie Mercury's angelic voice and I'll think "Damn, he dead." Same with David Bowie. Anyone can go at any time. You aren't for sure how, when, why, or where it'll happen until it does.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
Sapphique
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 4:10:35 AM
I hate bugs.

So much this. I am absolutely terrified of bugs except for butterflies, fireflies, ladybugs...I'm not scared of ants, but I wouldn't want to squish one all the same.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Opsianos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 4:32:53 AM
At 5/20/2016 4:10:35 AM, Sapphique wrote:
I hate bugs.

So much this. I am absolutely terrified of bugs except for butterflies, fireflies, ladybugs...I'm not scared of ants, but I wouldn't want to squish one all the same.

http://i225.photobucket.com...
Have no regrets.
Opsianos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 5:03:17 AM
I only have two "irrational" fears, which are primarily my only fears in general. Lizards unsettle me a bit (in middle school, I found a half dead lizard, accidentally stepped on it, and its head came off and stuck on my shoe. I still remember the bone sticking out of its neck, lol), and so do dead and rotten things, but those are out of disgust and revulsion more than anything else.

So, my main irrational fear is being alone. Not just physically alone; entirely alone (so if I still have access to communication via the Internet or phone, that doesn't matter), which has happened before. I can probably deal with it for some periods of time, but if you leave me in solitary confinement for just 12 hours, I'm probably going to be much more feral than human.

The second one is complete darkness. As long as there's even a little light that I can see, I can deal with it, but I will lose my shit if it's completely pitch-black. For example, I was by myself at home once, and the power suddenly went out. The only thought on my mind was to get the fuck outside as fast as possible and look at the streetlamps and the moon. Again, if there's someone there to make sure I don't lose my sanity, though, it's not as bad, but I'd still freak out to some degree until there's some sort of light, be it candle, flashlight, or cellphone. I think it's because darkness reminds me of emptiness, and emptiness reminds me of loneliness, which puts me back at square one.

So, if you want to see me go insane, lock me up in a completely dark room by myself. I'm quite sure that I would quickly.

Actually, perhaps a third fear of mine is a fear of failure (perhaps fear isn't the right word). Which is ironic, since it doesn't happen rarely, lol.
Have no regrets.
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 12:08:51 PM
At 5/20/2016 3:27:59 AM, Vaarka wrote:
At 5/19/2016 7:54:45 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:
God (JK LOL)

I mean she is incapable of acknowledging fear (I think). She has common sense, though.

XD I was kidding.
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 9:49:56 PM
At 5/20/2016 5:03:17 AM, Opsianos wrote:
I only have two "irrational" fears, which are primarily my only fears in general. Lizards unsettle me a bit (in middle school, I found a half dead lizard, accidentally stepped on it, and its head came off and stuck on my shoe. I still remember the bone sticking out of its neck, lol), and so do dead and rotten things, but those are out of disgust and revulsion more than anything else.

I once saw two hamsters eat each others brains out.
So, my main irrational fear is being alone. Not just physically alone; entirely alone (so if I still have access to communication via the Internet or phone, that doesn't matter), which has happened before. I can probably deal with it for some periods of time, but if you leave me in solitary confinement for just 12 hours, I'm probably going to be much more feral than human.

The second one is complete darkness. As long as there's even a little light that I can see, I can deal with it, but I will lose my shit if it's completely pitch-black. For example, I was by myself at home once, and the power suddenly went out. The only thought on my mind was to get the fuck outside as fast as possible and look at the streetlamps and the moon. Again, if there's someone there to make sure I don't lose my sanity, though, it's not as bad, but I'd still freak out to some degree until there's some sort of light, be it candle, flashlight, or cellphone. I think it's because darkness reminds me of emptiness, and emptiness reminds me of loneliness, which puts me back at square one.

I don't mind the dark so much as I used to. I do mind it though when there's weird sounds and it's dark.
So, if you want to see me go insane, lock me up in a completely dark room by myself. I'm quite sure that I would quickly.

I actually don't mind darkness.
Actually, perhaps a third fear of mine is a fear of failure (perhaps fear isn't the right word). Which is ironic, since it doesn't happen rarely, lol.
Riiight X).
New episode of OUTSIDERS: http://www.debate.org...
Episode 4 - They walk among us
Opsianos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 9:58:17 PM
At 5/20/2016 9:49:56 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

I don't mind the dark so much as I used to. I do mind it though when there's weird sounds and it's dark.

Most people don't. I think my revulsion to it goes past simple fear, though.
Have no regrets.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 9:59:04 PM
I fear unemployment. Then I'm really screwed.

I'm also afraid of being alone for too long. I'm afraid of being kidnapped and tortured. I'm afraid of becoming successful but having no partner or friends. I'm afraid of being mugged. I'm afraid of being harassed in a public restroom by a bunch of young teens. I'm afraid of waking up to my parent's deaths. I'm afraid of supernatural things happening to me despite knowing they're just my eyes failing me. I'm afraid of my computer suddenly getting hacked. I'm afraid of someone knocking at my door but seeing two burly guys who are shouting my name. I'm afraid of social rejection at any community. I'm afraid of being shouted at. I'm afraid of getting malaria. I'm afraid of STDs ruining my life. I'm afraid of all the people who think being bad is cool.

But I mostly get by by turning my attention away from these things.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 10:05:54 PM
At 5/20/2016 9:58:17 PM, Opsianos wrote:

Loneliness is rarely a simple fear. It's a normal reaction to feeling helpless and isolated. I do get claustrophobic sometimes, in stuck elevators.
Opsianos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 10:07:01 PM
At 5/20/2016 10:05:54 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

Loneliness is rarely a simple fear. It's a normal reaction to feeling helpless and isolated. I do get claustrophobic sometimes, in stuck elevators.

I was referring to darkness, but that too. I think I don't just dislike being lonely.
Have no regrets.
Adam_Godzilla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2016 10:22:46 PM
At 5/20/2016 10:07:01 PM, Opsianos wrote:
At 5/20/2016 10:05:54 PM, Adam_Godzilla wrote:

I was referring to darkness, but that too. I think I don't just dislike being lonely.
Yeah, you were saying darkness reminds you of loneliness. Does being locked in an isolated room but with lights on scare you?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2016 12:58:05 AM
Every night I have panic attacks about death. Not imminent death, just the thought of non existence.

I also have a massive fear of birds. I caught some cute girl laughing at me the other day for running from a duck that came nowhere near me nor had any interest in me.

I hate birds, so scary
Carolean_Karl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2016 3:33:36 PM
At 5/21/2016 12:58:05 AM, Wylted wrote:
Every night I have panic attacks about death. Not imminent death, just the thought of non existence.

I also have a massive fear of birds. I caught some cute girl laughing at me the other day for running from a duck that came nowhere near me nor had any interest in me.

I hate birds, so scary

What is so scary about birds to you?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2016 3:37:36 PM
At 5/25/2016 3:33:36 PM, Carolean_Karl wrote:
At 5/21/2016 12:58:05 AM, Wylted wrote:

I hate birds, so scary

What is so scary about birds to you?

They have tiny brains and think only one thought "kill", they don't have room for other thoughts. I think it started when I watched the movie "birds" as a child, but it has been nothing but proof of thwir evil ever since. Atvleast 3 times while driving a bird has tried to fly in and attack me, but luckily my window was rolled up so they couldn't kill me. I was chased by a giant Goose at anothwr point.

These things are pure evil
AnnaCzereda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2016 10:12:23 PM
I'm afraid of bugs and some insects. Even a big fly makes me freak out. Fortunately, I only saw roaches in the picture but if I saw one in my room, I would probably get a heart attack. I hate bugs. When I was a child, I was also afraid of spiders. Now, I'm not really afraid of them. I never kill a small spider if I see one in my house. I read they are very beneficial. However, larger black spiders still disturb me though I only saw some in the cellar years ago and even if they bite, their bites aren't dangerous. Of course, I'm talking about our "native" spiders, not some exotic ones.

I'm also afraid of dogs, especially big ones and those dogs I don't know. This phobia has been with me since one small dog bit my grandmother in her leg. It was nothing serious but I was a child then and it was a bit traumatic for me.

Of course, I'm also afraid of more serious things like suffering, poverty, death of my family members etc, but I don't consider these fears irrational.
He wished to turn his countenance from the smoldering rubble, but saw from amidst the embers that a few chaff would not burn away. To these, he stared into the eye of God sneering, and called them, 'Promethean.'
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 4:35:19 AM

I fear rejection if I am in love with someone....
lwittman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2016 2:08:37 PM
I am absolutely, sh*t my pants, terrified of butterflies.
Don't break anybody's heart, they only have one. Break their bones ,they have 206.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2016 4:53:28 PM
I fear the feeling of fear the most. Also, I fear the prickly threads that make my legs go numb.