Jump to topic:

Why?

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 3:38:55 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Why do humans always have to change and evolve or be considered unenlightened even if that change is harmful but the entire planet and every other living thing on it has to remain static and unchanged?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 3:42:29 AM
At 6/14/2016 3:38:55 AM, sadolite wrote:
Why do humans always have to change and evolve or be considered unenlightened even if that change is harmful but the entire planet and every other living thing on it has to remain static and unchanged?
?? what do you mean?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 3:43:40 AM
At 6/14/2016 3:42:29 AM, Emmarie wrote:
?? what do you mean?

The words are in English and say what they say.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 3:51:26 AM
At 6/14/2016 3:43:40 AM, sadolite wrote:
?? what do you mean?

Humans have to change or evolve OR be considered unenlightened even if that change is harmful makes sense.

Where I'm lost is why you assume everything else on the planet remains static and unchanged. Our evolution has changed entire continents is my point. You are a stoneworker. Is the stone that is removed for you to create your art, not changing the planet? I'm not judging you or downing you for what you do, it is a very respectable profession in my opinion. I'm just wondering why you feel that humans "evolution" doesn't effect the planet?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 9:21:32 PM
At 6/14/2016 3:51:26 AM, Emmarie wrote:
?? what do you mean?

Humans have to change or evolve OR be considered unenlightened even if that change is harmful makes sense.

Where I'm lost is why you assume everything else on the planet remains static and unchanged. Our evolution has changed entire continents is my point. You are a stoneworker. Is the stone that is removed for you to create your art, not changing the planet? I'm not judging you or downing you for what you do, it is a very respectable profession in my opinion. I'm just wondering why you feel that humans "evolution" doesn't effect the planet?

My point is this. I don't want to change things that don't need changing. Why does everything have to be abandoned even if it is good and virtuous. I am constantly lectured about the environment and how I can never do anything to disturb it. How the ecosystem is so fragile even the slightest damage is irreversible. But humans, oh they can adapt to any change no matter how bad it is. Change for the sake of change is a race to the bottom.

Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2016 10:32:43 PM
At 6/14/2016 9:21:32 PM, sadolite wrote:
?? what do you mean?

My point is this. I don't want to change things that don't need changing. Why does everything have to be abandoned even if it is good and virtuous. I am constantly lectured about the environment and how I can never do anything to disturb it. How the ecosystem is so fragile even the slightest damage is irreversible. But humans, oh they can adapt to any change no matter how bad it is. Change for the sake of change is a race to the bottom.
I agree with you 100%, don't fix what isn't broken.

I think the reason "why" is to make those of us who are comfortable doing things the way we do them feel left behind or something. I don't know specifically what you are referring to, but I know I like burning wood in the winter, and living as simply as I can with the basic necessities. If I ever did have money, I would invest in a kitchen with stone counters like you build, and a few other needed updates in my home.

As far as the earth is concerned - the resources were made to be utilized, but we should utilize them with care, and not be reckless in the process.
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 2:49:38 AM
At 6/14/2016 10:32:43 PM, Emmarie wrote:
?? what do you mean?

I agree with you 100%, don't fix what isn't broken.

I think the reason "why" is to make those of us who are comfortable doing things the way we do them feel left behind or something. I don't know specifically what you are referring to, but I know I like burning wood in the winter, and living as simply as I can with the basic necessities. If I ever did have money, I would invest in a kitchen with stone counters like you build, and a few other needed updates in my home.

As far as the earth is concerned - the resources were made to be utilized, but we should utilize them with care, and not be reckless in the process.

Yes, do not mess with the oil and the wine. I read this somewhere. Hmm. A recipe for a salad dressing that needs no tweaking perhaps (?)
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 6:27:01 AM
?? what do you mean?

I would have stopped talking to her at that point. As soon as she tries to find holes in the symbolism instead of using it to understand your question, she has proven ahe is not ready for a discussion.

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 1:27:33 PM

Every form of life on earth evolves. Species come and species go, some evolve into different species depending on changes in the environment and competition between the species.
The notion that life and the environment are fragile is incorrect. We have discovered that life will always adapt to changes. What most people find it difficult to grasp is that these changes and adaptations take place over millions of years. Dinosaurs roamed the planet for 60 million years before they and just about every other species were wiped out. It took another 40 million years before animals were sprouting up again. Humans happened to come along a million years ago and only started displaying any real intellect 80 thousand years ago.
So as far as humans go, we have really only just started out and our development will head in the direction of how we adapt to change.