Jump to topic:

Where's Insert?

BigMac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:09:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I just got back from a long-a$s hiatus from DDO.

And i suddenly realize the eerie quiet of the late night boards without Insert...

And her account is closed.

What happened?
I'm back.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:11:14 PM
At 12/14/2010 9:09:35 PM, BigMac wrote:

And i suddenly realize the eerie quiet of the late night boards without Insert...

What happened?

You may want to look at the couple of threads dedicated to her in the DDO forum.

Some people wanted to petition to let Insert know that she's valued here, while others had opposing viewpoints. One reason she may have left is because she feels that the "insults" people on this website toss around are unwarranted and too "mean."
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:11:20 PM

What happened?

Askbob...she came back a couple times tonight but then left cause people attacked her.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
BigMac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:12:11 PM
On DDO?!

What happened to quiet, sarcastic, tolerant, intelligent DDO?!

Why did people do this? What did she "do" to receive this?
I'm back.
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:13:27 PM
At 12/14/2010 9:12:11 PM, BigMac wrote:
On DDO?!

Her own reactions. Lovelife is managing better than ever right now, so thats proof.
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
BigMac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:13:40 PM
At 12/14/2010 9:11:20 PM, lovelife wrote:

What happened?

Askbob...she came back a couple times tonight but then left cause people attacked her.

Askbob?! Wat? I viewed her as more intelligent than to take anything that megatroll says to heart.
I'm back.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:14:41 PM
At 12/14/2010 9:13:40 PM, BigMac wrote:

What happened?

Askbob?! Wat? I viewed her as more intelligent than to take anything that megatroll says to heart.

He was threatening to release personal information.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
BigMac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:17:40 PM
At 12/14/2010 9:14:41 PM, FREEDO wrote:

What happened?

And this is why you don't upset a jackass with the power to do essentially anything with a computer. sigh. :/

Why did he hate her? and it seems his most recent account has been closed for now.
I'm back.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:18:57 PM
At 12/14/2010 9:17:40 PM, BigMac wrote:

What happened?

And this is why you don't upset a jackass with the power to do essentially anything with a computer. sigh. :/

Why did he hate her? and it seems his most recent account has been closed for now.

It was exactly as I told you.

Read through the Debate.org forum and see for yourself.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:22:36 PM
At 12/14/2010 9:13:27 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
On DDO?!

Her own reactions. Lovelife is managing better than ever right now, so thats proof.

Should I be offended...?
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:23:10 PM
At 12/14/2010 9:10:33 PM, Ren wrote:
People were completely insensitive and harangued her until she left.

You have got to be kidding me...

Look, INH is extremely sensitive which is completely fine. HOWEVER, when she willingly enters a social networking site -- especially a DEBATE site where things become heated due to disagreements -- she cannot expect the site to coddle her like a child! And when she begins one of her meltdowns where she threatens to leave DDO, it borders on pathetic.

Being on the internet is a risk - especially if you are hypersensitive. Not only is your personal information on display but you as a person can and will be broken down within conversations. That is the nature of this site - to take apart people's opinions and beliefs and show the inconsistencies. INH isn't able to deal with that and the thread today was proof of that. I DID NOT insult her but as soon as I responded with a dissenting opinion, she becomes offended!

Either learn to take criticism and insults without breaking down or get out.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:23:41 PM
At 12/14/2010 9:22:36 PM, lovelife wrote:
On DDO?!

Should I be offended...?

No, you handle us better than you did before, it's a good thing.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:24:53 PM
She left only because he was here...said she couldn't be happy with him. He started trolling it..got his little army of followers doing the same and now she says that only a couple of people here don't like her and everyone else was just pretending to accept her...got real upset about it.
I'm trying to tell her if she stands up for herself and never gives in, it will get MUCH better. But its a hard time right now.
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:25:58 PM
At 12/14/2010 9:24:53 PM, lovelife wrote:
She left only because he was here...said she couldn't be happy with him. He started trolling it..got his little army of followers doing the same and now she says that only a couple of people here don't like her and everyone else was just pretending to accept her...got real upset about it.
I'm trying to tell her if she stands up for herself and never gives in, it will get MUCH better. But its a hard time right now.

Your fighting a fools battle.
m93samman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:26:34 PM
At 12/14/2010 9:23:10 PM, annhasle wrote:

Look, INH is extremely sensitive which is completely fine. HOWEVER, when she willingly enters a social networking site -- especially a DEBATE site where things become heated due to disagreements -- she cannot expect the site to coddle her like a child! And when she begins one of her meltdowns where she threatens to leave DDO, it borders on pathetic.

Being on the internet is a risk - especially if you are hypersensitive. Not only is your personal information on display but you as a person can and will be broken down within conversations. That is the nature of this site - to take apart people's opinions and beliefs and show the inconsistencies. INH isn't able to deal with that and the thread today was proof of that. I DID NOT insult her but as soon as I responded with a dissenting opinion, she becomes offended!

Basically, all of this.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:27:13 PM
At 12/14/2010 9:23:41 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
At 12/14/2010 9:22:36 PM, lovelife wrote:
On DDO?!

Should I be offended...?

No, you handle us better than you did before, it's a good thing.

I suppose...how did I handle before? o.0 clearly I've changed in the past few months, but I really do not see it...apart from not dealing with BS.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:28:09 PM
At 12/14/2010 9:25:58 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
At 12/14/2010 9:24:53 PM, lovelife wrote:

Your fighting a fools battle.

I'm trying to get her so she can cope, not only with DDO, but the rest of the internet...and well world for that matter.
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:28:21 PM

Oh, pul-leeeaaze. He didn't actually do anything, she left just because he was here. After she made a thread saying she was closing her account, he told her he downloaded her profile picture and she flipped out. It was all downhill from there.
BigMac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:31:12 PM
I agree she shouldn't be given special treatment, and with Ann's comment about being on the internet.

But I am disappoint.

DDO used to be such a nice place.

And if she was offended by someone's sarcastic comment or joke or misquote, i say she really needs to grow a pair. It's the internet. Get over it.

I loved INH's input and will miss her, but it seems like she has some personal problems to deal with.
I'm back.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:32:04 PM

I usually agree with you, but I find that rather harsh, hun.

If she honestly and sincerely requests and people stop criticizing her, people should. If they really disagree so much with what she has to say, they should just ignore her. But, for someone that has endured abuse and questions whether anyone accepts her, one should be mindful. It's like someone that has endured physical abuse; they are more inclined to react inordinately to being touched in a non-invasive or appropriate way. That doesn't mean that people should continue touching him or her just because touching is a natural part of human interaction.

And, about the fact that she frequents an online forum--

Most people that have a hard time relating to other people turn to the internet. It's a social haven of sorts, in which it's more likely that you'll be accepted, because online interaction is usually stripped of the pretensions and social pressure that accompanies normative human interaction. As someone that has been abused, it is likely safe to her. I couldn't imagine how horrible it must feel to consider where most people escape unsafe and hurtful.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:37:56 PM

Not this time around, that was months ago. Everyone but her (for some reason) knew he wasn't being serious.

At 12/14/2010 9:32:04 PM, Ren wrote:

If she honestly and sincerely requests and people stop criticizing her, people should. If they really disagree so much with what she has to say, they should just ignore her.

Did you get lost and forget where you are?
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:38:34 PM

If she honestly and sincerely requests and people stop criticizing her, people should. If they really disagree so much with what she has to say, they should just ignore her. But, for someone that has endured abuse and questions whether anyone accepts her, one should be mindful. It's like someone that has endured physical abuse; they are more inclined to react inordinately to being touched in a non-invasive or appropriate way. That doesn't mean that people should continue touching him or her just because touching is a natural part of human interaction.

Most people that have a hard time relating to other people turn to the internet. It's a social haven of sorts, in which it's more likely that you'll be accepted, because online interaction is usually stripped of the pretensions and social pressure that accompanies normative human interaction. As someone that has been abused, it is likely safe to her. I couldn't imagine how horrible it must feel to consider where most people escape unsafe and hurtful.

This although ann is almost always harsh.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:39:51 PM
At 12/14/2010 9:37:56 PM, Korashk wrote:

Not this time around, that was months ago. Everyone but her (for some reason) knew he wasn't being serious.

She's paranoid because of some shitz that happened apparently. Idk the whole story but no one should have to anyway.

If she honestly and sincerely requests and people stop criticizing her, people should. If they really disagree so much with what she has to say, they should just ignore her.

Did you get lost and forget where you are?
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:41:27 PM
Actually, I don't recall him ever saying he's release her personal information. Just that he'd "make her a public figure."
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:55:53 PM

Harsh? Maybe. Reality? Yes. Do you truly think that people on this site will remain calm at all times? They won't. Do you think everyone will get along? They won't. Will they exercise their ability to share opinions, regardless of it being "malicious" or not? They will. These are the risks - for everyone, not just her.

I'd be shocked if other people on this site haven't encountered "verbal abuse" from other users. I think we've all enjoyed our fair share of idiots and jerks on the interwebz. It's an acknowledged fact of the internet, just like in RL - there will ALWAYS be as5holes. Will everyone know of her past of abuse? No.

If there are times where people go out of their way to hurt her, such is life - she's made enemies. But I have seen about 90% of the crap that pisses her off on this site and usually it's in response to one of her comments which then progresses into a full-fledged "Fvck you. No, fvck YOU!" conversation - very productive.

But the thing is, a person with physical abuse has to go out at some point, whether to go shopping for food or see family/friends. They can't escape reality. INH however does not NEED to join DDO and it is completely voluntary. If she chooses to be in a place where she knows she has enemies and yet continues to be "shocked and hurt" by those people stepping forward and voicing their opinions, she needs to stop deluding herself into thinking that "It'll be okay NOW."

Then she should find a site which doesn't promote the attack of other people's characters, beliefs and opinions. lol

The fact is, she willingly joined this site and continues to come back with the knowledge that she will encounter abuse. It's like going to a restaurant and getting food poisoning. And then going back next week, expecting it to be different. However, you get explosive diarrhea again and have the gall to be shocked that it happened!
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 9:56:35 PM
At 12/14/2010 9:38:34 PM, lovelife wrote:

Really? o.O
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 10:03:35 PM
At 12/14/2010 9:56:35 PM, annhasle wrote:

Really? o.O

Ann's sig says:

VP for the Cody Administration. Gotta a problem? PM me. See a problem? PM me. Are a problem? GTFO.
kfc
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2010 10:05:48 PM
At 12/14/2010 10:03:35 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 12/14/2010 9:56:35 PM, annhasle wrote:

Really? o.O

Ann's sig says:

VP for the Cody Administration. Gotta a problem? PM me. See a problem? PM me. Are a problem? GTFO.

Does that make me harsh? :/