Send a Message
12/19/2010 5:22:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago

There are 2 ways to sign up. Please specify if you are signing up as:

[1] Competitor

[2] Judge

===================================

If signing up as a Competitor:

1. Add me as a friend to ensure that I can message you.

2. PM me an e-mail you regularly check and/or PM me an American phone number so that I can instantly inform you when a new round is ready start.

NOTE: This tournament will add a round 4. The first round will be strictly the challenge round. The challenge must be sent within a day, and the challenge must be accepted within a day. Being informed as to when the next schedule is posted is essential.

3. In your reply to this post, list your top 5 topics from the following list:

RESOLVED: The United States should subsidize independent journalism.

RESOLVED: Members of the United Nations Security Council should strictly enforce the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

RESOLVED: A full scale military operation to prevent the negative effects of genocide should be initiated by the United States.

RESOLVED: On balance, living in a society of anarchy is better than living under a dictatorship.

RESOLVED: Ayn Rand's theory of Ethical Egoism is morally superior to moral theories inspired by altruism.

RESOLVED: A just government should, at a minimum, provide roads, health care, education, retirement funds, and military protection for its citizens.
--- (THIS IS THE ONLY TOPIC IN WHICH CON WILL BE THE CHALLANGER)

RESOLVED: When in conflict, objective economic growth should be preferred to subjective free market values.

4. Log on to debate.org December 26th to view the schedule for rounds 1 and 2.

Good Luck!

If signing up as a Judge:

2. PM me an e-mail you regularly check and/or PM me an American phone number so that I can instantly inform you when a debate needs to be judged.

3. In your reply to this post, list your top 5 topics that are both balanced as well as interesting for you to judge.

RESOLVED: Members of the United Nations Security Council should strictly enforce the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

RESOLVED: A full scale military operation to prevent the negative effects of genocide should be initiated by the United States.

RESOLVED: On balance, living in a society of anarchy is better than living under a dictatorship.

RESOLVED: Ayn Rand's theory of Ethical Egoism is morally superior to moral theories inspired by altruism.

RESOLVED: A just government should, at a minimum, provide roads, health care, education, retirement funds, and military protection for its citizens.

RESOLVED: When in conflict, objective economic growth should be preferred to subjective free market values.

Some things to note about the tournament before signing up:

1. This tournament will likely last anywhere from 1-2 months. Signing your name in this thread is a commitment. If you want to judge, I can be flexible with times, but competitors who do not consistently post to their assigned debates will be dropped from the tournament without questions asked.

2. To make it less of a hassle to post rounds, the character limit will be set at 5,000 during preliminary debates. During out-rounds, however, it will be the normal 8,000.

3. Each week, there will be a new topic in which each competitor will debate 2 times. One time will be in favor of the resolution while the other time will be opposed to the resolution. This will happen for 3 weeks (3 topics, 6 debates with each competitor). Notice, however, that this tournament will not wait until everyone is finished with the first set of debates before continuing onto the second set. It is conceivable that you will have up to 4 debates running at the same time (another reason that I have set the character count at 5,000). You may want to consider posting your rounds as soon as possible to prevent this from happening.

--- If we get 10 or fewer competitors signed up, there will only be 2 weeks of preliminary debates before going to out-rounds.

If you have any questions, please send me a PM or post it in this thread (http://www.debate.org...). I want to keep this thread strictly for sign ups.
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2010 5:45:29 PM
1. Laissezfaire-Competitor [The US Should subsidize independent journalism; On balance, living in a society of anarchy is better than living under a dictatorship; Ayn Rand's theory of Ethical Egoism is morally superior to moral theories inspired by altruism; A just government should, at a minimum, provide roads, health care, education, retirement funds, and military protection for its citizens; When in conflict, objective economic growth should be preferred to subjective free market values]
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2010 5:49:50 PM
wjmelements: judge.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2010 5:52:39 PM
2.Darkermit- Competitor
Open borders debate:
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2010 3:32:10 PM
bump
Should we subsidize education?

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2010 3:46:05 PM
Competitor: Zetsubou

retourepsilon@yahoo --- co --- uk

Preference ascending. (the higher the more preferred)

Hallelujah!!
'sup DDO -- july 2013
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2010 5:22:21 PM
Judge: gavin.ogden

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2010 12:21:02 PM
At 12/19/2010 5:22:48 PM, Johnicle wrote:

If signing up as a Judge:

2. PM me an e-mail you regularly check and/or PM me an American phone number so that I can instantly inform you when a debate needs to be judged.

3. In your reply to this post, list your top 5 topics that are both balanced as well as interesting for you to judge.

President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2010 1:02:01 PM
At 12/19/2010 5:22:48 PM, Johnicle wrote:

Whoops I did this wrong lol. I'll get to this later...
President of DDO
ChristianM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2010 10:28:15 PM
usafkid1121: Competitor

Johnicle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2010 11:10:34 AM
FINAL CALL!

It's my grandparents 50th anniversary tonight, so I won't be able to give you a concrete start time, but sign up if you want to compete.