Jump to topic:

One thing's for sure,

Lynx_N
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 8:25:17 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
As a noob, I've found that the drama here puts Kurosawa, Pinter, Bergman, etc, to utter shame.

Truth in drama is forever elusive. You never quite find it but the search for it is compulsive.

My jury, which consists of I, me and myself, is still out on separating good guys from trolls.
At times when I think I've got the gist of someone, all the sudden I see a post completely smashing my theory to bits.
Likewise, I see those who's posts consistently just bashes and hates, only to see a complete turnaround.

Amazing.

As no one will reply to this anyway, I would like to end this with a poem.

To troll or not to troll,
Seems to be a matter of broll.

Since it's far easier and more fun,
Trolling will forever be grun.

As for making rhyme or reason,
Let's just say that's up to schreason.

Thank you.
Bronto?
Congrats.

poet
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 9:50:35 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/11/2016 8:25:17 AM, Lynx_N wrote:
As a noob, I've found that the drama here puts Kurosawa, Pinter, Bergman, etc, to utter shame.

Truth in drama is forever elusive. You never quite find it but the search for it is compulsive.

My jury, which consists of I, me and myself, is still out on separating good guys from trolls.
At times when I think I've got the gist of someone, all the sudden I see a post completely smashing my theory to bits.
Likewise, I see those who's posts consistently just bashes and hates, only to see a complete turnaround.

Amazing.

Thank you.

Well at least there is one objective thing left in this messed up world. I will make it the new corner stone of my moral compass.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2016 10:55:49 PM
At 7/15/2016 9:50:35 PM, sadolite wrote:

Amazing.

Thank you.

Well at least there is one objective thing left in this messed up world. I will make it the new corner stone of my moral compass.

If bad poetry is your new moral compass, does that mean you're going to start rapping and wearing gold chains?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 12:52:02 AM
At 7/15/2016 10:55:49 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Amazing.

Thank you.

If bad poetry is your new moral compass, does that mean you're going to start rapping and wearing gold chains?

Well if this is the one sure thing in the world I guess I'll have to. I need absolutes to have a moral compass just like a compass needs and absolute north to work.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
MasonicSlayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 1:05:51 AM
At 7/16/2016 12:52:02 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 7/15/2016 10:55:49 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:

Amazing.

Thank you.

Well if this is the one sure thing in the world I guess I'll have to. I need absolutes to have a moral compass just like a compass needs and absolute north to work.

I guess if you're always getting lost a compass comes in handy. I was once given a compass as a gift, but I threw it away. I've never been lost.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 5:31:01 AM

Amazing.

Thank you.

Stay here long enough, and have your most thoughtful, thought provoking posts ignored and you may find yourself engaging in troll like behavior.

When I came to this site, I wanted to engage in meaningful dialog. After having my attempts at meaningful dialog on forums and debates and even PMs glossed over, I began to analyse the reasons that DDO is like this, when it has the potential of offering what I was seeking. So I became "vocal" in threads about voting on debates, and DDO "politics," which has ultimately lead to me trolling at times, just to get some kinda response.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 5:37:33 AM
At 7/16/2016 5:31:01 AM, Emmarie wrote:

Amazing.

Thank you.

Stay here long enough, and have your most thoughtful, thought provoking posts ignored and you may find yourself engaging in troll like behavior.

When I came to this site, I wanted to engage in meaningful dialog. After having my attempts at meaningful dialog on forums and debates and even PMs glossed over, I began to analyse the reasons that DDO is like this, when it has the potential of offering what I was seeking. So I became "vocal" in threads about voting on debates, and DDO "politics," which has ultimately lead to me trolling at times, just to get some kinda response.

Was I your first little troll like behavior.
Your a ace member on this site now. I find your posts entertaining.
I read em all. Good day
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 6:00:40 AM
At 7/16/2016 5:37:33 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 7/16/2016 5:31:01 AM, Emmarie wrote:

Amazing.

Thank you.

Was I your first little troll like behavior.
Your a ace member on this site now. I find your posts entertaining.
I read em all. Good day

Thanks I appreciate that. I read many of your posts too :)
Deb8-A-Bull - I wasn't trolling you when I joined, I wanted to have serious dialog about the interpretation of Genesis 1 and 2. You trolled me and I found you to be lighthearted and entertaining, so you didn't discourage me from from continuing to seek dialog.

No Deb-8-a Bull. I was used to quick comebacks form the kinda dialog I had previously had on SodaHead.

What discouraged me (in the religion forum) was day after day of watching members hash out their beliefs that can neither be proven or disproven, and never even wanting to take a look at the points I was trying to make about genesis 1 and 2 (whether you believe in it literally, figuratively, or think it is complete hogwash) All I wanted was for a member or a few to take a look at the point I was trying to demonstrate, that the nature of who is known as "God" in Genesis 1 differs from the nature of who is known as "LORD God" in Genesis 2 which could be detrimental to the way the the entire Bible is interpreted.

On the brighter side, I have become more accepting that my "revelations" are insignificant in the scheme of things. I had too much ego, and at one point thought that if I simply shared my revelations about the nature of the Gods of Genesis 1 and 2, that divides could be bridged and someone could get something useful from re reading those chapters. Who knows, maybe I'll try to bring the subject up in a debate when I have the time to dedicate to formally presenting the info.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 11:53:17 AM
I reverse troll when I troll. No one knows when I am actually trolling. I use sarcasm and the absurd to get what people really think out of their minds. If you really want to know what someone thinks on any subject lull them into the topic make outlandish and absurd claims to the extreme and you will get what you want. Most people on this site will not stead fastly hold a position for fear of being perceived as offensive or Non PC. They will dance around their position but never actually take a position. Using sarcasm and the absurd tricks them into revealing their real position. They can't help attacking the absurd. this of course steers you to their real position. Then you just narrow it down from there using the same method.

Lynx_N
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2016 9:03:33 PM
Oh, what a tangled web we weave
When first we practice to deceive!

Anyway, this is the interwebs after all, so cynism, paranoia, etc etc, is just to be expected.

Show me one site free from trolls, I dare you, I double dare you.
Bronto?
Congrats.

poet