Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

How to do potty train a puppy?

Osiris
Posts: 265
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2010 10:24:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I just got a 6 week old terrier puppy and have no clue how to potty train it. Help?
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2010 10:44:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
guilt... / say "no"... drag them over to it and say no.

and make sure you take them outside... and every time they 'go' outside be like:
"do your business, yes... good boy... do your business.. yes..."
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2010 10:44:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/23/2010 10:44:01 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
guilt... / say "no"... drag them over to it and say no.

and make sure you take them outside... and every time they 'go' outside be like:
"do your business, yes... good boy... do your business.. yes..."

That's also how you train men.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2010 10:48:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/23/2010 10:44:51 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 12/23/2010 10:44:01 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
guilt... / say "no"... drag them over to it and say no.

and make sure you take them outside... and every time they 'go' outside be like:
"do your business, yes... good boy... do your business.. yes..."

That's also how you train men.

men=dogs
You surprised?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2010 11:02:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/23/2010 10:48:10 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 12/23/2010 10:44:51 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 12/23/2010 10:44:01 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
guilt... / say "no"... drag them over to it and say no.

and make sure you take them outside... and every time they 'go' outside be like:
"do your business, yes... good boy... do your business.. yes..."

I'm Mad about how Men are always in charge and boss me around!

Me Too!

Hey!.. get back! ... go on, Heel!

There ya go.. good pups.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Osiris
Posts: 265
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2010 11:03:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/23/2010 10:44:51 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 12/23/2010 10:44:01 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
guilt... / say "no"... drag them over to it and say no.

and make sure you take them outside... and every time they 'go' outside be like:
"do your business, yes... good boy... do your business.. yes..."

That's also how you train men.

Niice!
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2010 11:04:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/23/2010 11:02:29 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 12/23/2010 10:48:10 PM, lovelife wrote:
At 12/23/2010 10:44:51 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 12/23/2010 10:44:01 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
guilt... / say "no"... drag them over to it and say no.

and make sure you take them outside... and every time they 'go' outside be like:
"do your business, yes... good boy... do your business.. yes..."

I'm Mad about how Men are always in charge and boss me around!

Me Too!

Hey!.. get back! ... go on, Heel!

There ya go.. good pups.

Haha! Touche sir. :P
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2010 11:05:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Haha! Touche sir. :P

8)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Osiris
Posts: 265
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2010 11:05:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
He just went inside and I stuck his nose in it and then took him over to the training pad and made him sniff it. Then I also made him watch me pick it up and I put it on the pad, so he would know that's the place to do his business.
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2010 11:10:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/23/2010 11:05:51 PM, Osiris wrote:
He just went inside and I stuck his nose in it and then took him over to the training pad and made him sniff it. Then I also made him watch me pick it up and I put it on the pad, so he would know that's the place to do his business.

if you're in a house... try to dispense with the pad ASAP.. and make'em go outside.

if you're in a high story of an apartment.. I can kinda see it being necessary...

but it'll make potty training them a lot tougher.. My gfriends dog took Forever to train good That way.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Osiris
Posts: 265
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2010 11:13:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/23/2010 11:10:01 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 12/23/2010 11:05:51 PM, Osiris wrote:
He just went inside and I stuck his nose in it and then took him over to the training pad and made him sniff it. Then I also made him watch me pick it up and I put it on the pad, so he would know that's the place to do his business.

if you're in a high story of an apartment.. I can kinda see it being necessary...

That is exactly where I am lol. I could also teach him to go in the patio.
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2010 11:15:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/23/2010 11:13:59 PM, Osiris wrote:
At 12/23/2010 11:10:01 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 12/23/2010 11:05:51 PM, Osiris wrote:
He just went inside and I stuck his nose in it and then took him over to the training pad and made him sniff it. Then I also made him watch me pick it up and I put it on the pad, so he would know that's the place to do his business.

if you're in a high story of an apartment.. I can kinda see it being necessary...

That is exactly where I am lol. I could also teach him to go in the patio.

I'd think he'd prolly pick that up faster... it being a whole different environment prolly makes it a lot easier.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."