wamba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 2:32:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
We've all had them

List yours here:

1. TV Remote control finder (beeper implanted in controller, beeper on button attached to tv. Press button on tv, beeper on controller beeps.

2. Sound equalizer - Commercials for some reason sound way louder than the tv show? Not anymore

3. Fridge inventory system - A lot of stores use "bonuscards" that allow you them to keep a record of what you bought. Now you have your own bonuscard that you swipe after each trip to the grocery store. When you get home you scan the card on your fridge. What you have purchased enters a database of what has entered the fridge. Upon removing the items in the fridge, the user removes the amount from the kitchens inventory. There is also a recipe checker and a frequently purchased updater. The fridge will make a list of frequently purchased goods that are low or absent for the user. The fridge will also allow the user to input cookbooks into the fridge. Upon selecting a series of recipes, the fridge will output a list of ingredients that are not available that are required to make the recipes.

This inventory system would apply to all goods in the kichen, not simply refrigerated ones.

This invention would be in the following form:

bonuscard
scanner/swiper
software program for the computer
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 2:36:03 PM
http://www.debate.org...
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 2:38:35 PM
At 12/27/2010 2:32:25 PM, wamba wrote:
We've all had them

List yours here:

1. TV Remote control finder (beeper implanted in controller, beeper on button attached to tv. Press button on tv, beeper on controller beeps.

I would buy on or two.

2. Sound equalizer - Commercials for some reason sound way louder than the tv show? Not anymore

I would pay for that.

3. Fridge inventory system -

I would pass. I kinda like going to fridge a dozen times s day looking to see if anything spanned since the last time I checked
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 2:40:23 PM

Congress beat you to it. Sort of.
http://articles.latimes.com...

Also, I think the fridge exists, but not exactly like you described.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 2:40:44 PM
At 12/27/2010 2:38:35 PM, jharry wrote:
We've all had them

List yours here:

I would buy on or two.

I would pay for that.

3. Fridge inventory system -

I would pass. I kinda like going to fridge a dozen times s day looking to see if anything spawned since the last time I checked
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
ccstate4peat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 9:35:41 PM
Some device that allows me to strangle people through my computer via the internet. TV too, Carol Lewis's commentating during track meets is like the Holocaust for distance runners.
wamba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 9:53:05 PM
At 12/27/2010 9:35:41 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:
Some device that allows me to strangle people through my computer via the internet. TV too, Carol Lewis's commentating during track meets is like the Holocaust for distance runners.

That was pretty witty
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 9:56:10 PM
i came up with an idea for how to measure current in a circuit without breaking it, but it would've been temperature dependant, which would've be finicky, and someone else already invented something a lot cooler looking ...and simpler (in steps anyway), so that's me goosed :)
signature
ccstate4peat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 10:03:40 PM
At 12/27/2010 9:53:05 PM, wamba wrote:
At 12/27/2010 9:35:41 PM, ccstate4peat wrote:

That was pretty witty

Wait, what?
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 11:47:37 PM
At 12/27/2010 10:04:10 PM, badger wrote:
remember the cock catching undercover dildo? genius.

This thing?

http://www.hammeruncut.com...
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2010 12:14:45 AM

I SWEAR they have this, I really do :(

That would be nice. I hate that. I hate talking internet ads for the same reason.

3. Fridge inventory system - A lot of stores use "bonuscards" that allow you them to keep a record of what you bought. Now you have your own bonuscard that you swipe after each trip to the grocery store. When you get home you scan the card on your fridge. What you have purchased enters a database of what has entered the fridge. Upon removing the items in the fridge, the user removes the amount from the kitchens inventory. There is also a recipe checker and a frequently purchased updater. The fridge will make a list of frequently purchased goods that are low or absent for the user. The fridge will also allow the user to input cookbooks into the fridge. Upon selecting a series of recipes, the fridge will output a list of ingredients that are not available that are required to make the recipes.

This inventory system would apply to all goods in the kichen, not simply refrigerated ones.

bonuscard
scanner/swiper

Oooh, I was daydreaming about this just today as I was grocery shopping. I did not think of the recipes/cookbooks (which I think is a spectacular idea), but I DID think up something you missed: Expiration dates. The fridge would flag the user to tell them when an item has expired inside the refrigerator.

I also imagined something that would do coupon/sales check and general price comparison for a product you get often, so you know the cheapest place to restock.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
wamba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2010 1:47:50 AM
At 12/28/2010 12:14:45 AM, Kleptin wrote:

I SWEAR they have this, I really do :(

That would be nice. I hate that. I hate talking internet ads for the same reason.

bonuscard
scanner/swiper

Oooh, I was daydreaming about this just today as I was grocery shopping. I did not think of the recipes/cookbooks (which I think is a spectacular idea), but I DID think up something you missed: Expiration dates. The fridge would flag the user to tell them when an item has expired inside the refrigerator.

I also imagined something that would do coupon/sales check and general price comparison for a product you get often, so you know the cheapest place to restock.

Couldn't be a better suggestion Kleptin. Have it interface with google shopping as well to determine cheaper online buys for more expensive/non perishable foods such as vanilla extract or wines.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2010 2:04:14 AM
I'm looking into creating a device which shall produce light by running electricity through a small coil, mostly likely held in a glass bulb of sorts. Homes and streets could be kept bright even after night-fall! I shall call it...the light-bulb.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2010 4:27:55 AM
This would be for someone who sleeps on their back with heavy blankets. A simple piece of plastic that would work like a tent at the end of your bed where your feet are, from one side to the other. It would go on each end so that the blankets aren't bearing down on your toes. It would be really inexpensive to make too.
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2010 5:38:22 AM
Not exactly an invention, but I am itching to write a thesis on Dreams/ How they work, why we have them, are they actually a message sent to us from the future as believed by many. Such such. I have all the questions I need answered.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2010 5:48:22 AM
Why would you want your thesis to pander to arbitrary claims? O.o If structured evidence was all that was necessary for such advocates, they wouldn't be advocates. :P
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2010 6:19:10 AM
At 12/28/2010 5:48:22 AM, Puck wrote:
Why would you want your thesis to pander to arbitrary claims? O.o If structured evidence was all that was necessary for such advocates, they wouldn't be advocates. :P

I was actually trying to find if the claims had some basis. I was advocating for the opposite side. Look, maybe its true. I was reading some matter on electromagnetic waves when this thought struck. What if each event sends some EM waves into all the directions of time, and our brain interprets them in our sleep, because that's when it is most relaxed and alert.

http://jahojalal.wordpress.com...

Or something like that. This was the news article that sparked my interest and then I remembered countless instances where I feel that unexplainable sense of deja vu, and this is what i have outlined basically, I still have to go a long way.