Jump to topic:

Help PLEASE

THE_OPINIONATOR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2010 1:06:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well you see im not the best with women, I mean I can talk to them as friends and all but when it comes to likeing one and talking to them I am a bottle of nerves! There is this girl I like and well I try to talk to he but....I cant seem to break the ice, and its awfle thick!! I NEED HELP AND TIPS PLEASE!!! I want to ask her out and all but I have no idea how to go about it with her!
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2010 1:20:42 PM
Just be funny and drop the occasional compliment when online. Try to avoid her offline until confidence is built.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
THE_OPINIONATOR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2010 1:28:50 PM
Thanks, she isnt on DDO she could probably care less about debate, its not her cup of tea
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2010 1:39:14 PM
Sure! :)

Here's a few things I've discovered about women that should help.

1. Women choose men.

In this society, the ball is really in the girl's court. She will often determine whether she will sleep with you within minutes of meeting you. That doesn't mean that it's in the bag, but it does mean that there is a conceivable path you can take into her pants. The very important point here, though, is that there are definitely lost causes. No matter how much you may want a girl to be with you or sleep with you, if she decides that she's not interested, she more than likely will never change her mind. Women are highly sought after and therefore, if she rejects you once, she will usually end up in a relationship before you can even get her to take you seriously. This is usually because she has in mind what she wants and you are not it.

2. Confidence is paramount.

This isn't to mean that you're to be a brazen @sshole. But, when you're nervous, you do stupid sh*t. You bite your nails, go off into lala land, stutter, ramble, all manner of obnoxious or misleading things that will get in the way of you two getting to know each other. Furthermore, it reads as weakness, which, inasmuch as women claim that sensitivity is so important (and it is, but only for her), she still wants you to be a man.

3. Women speak an entirely different language.

This is one of the most things you can learn. There is nothing you will ever say that will convince a woman of anything. This coincides with my first point.

Alternately, women are *extremely* fluent in body language, which is rather standard. Therefore, learn it well, it is the best way to victory.

Always:

- Look her in the eye.
- Remain "interested."
- Respect her personal space (don't stand in her face).
- Engage (unassuming or noninvasive touching).
- Pay attention to cues (playing with hair, lapels, or dippers; looking at your lips; licking her lips; looking at your intently; blushing; fidgeting; etc.), these can be prompts (such as the first four) or yellow and red lights (such as the last two).
- At least look and act sincere.

Never:

- Look at her privates.
- Give her any cues.
- Exhibit any nervous tics.
- Be pretentious.

4. Gimmicks are stupid.

They used to work because girls love corny. However, they're disgusted by stupid, and gimmicks are passe. Just be you, which leads me to...

5. Women are people, too.

Think of it this way: I assume you have friends, yes? How did you meet these people? By telling a pickup line? No, of course not. You approached them like any other human being that you were interested in speaking with, whether they initiated it or not. Just approach a girl like anyone else; like someone you're sharing an experience with or whatever, that you wish to speak to. The more unassuming, the better.

6. Women love funny.

Make her laugh. Girls are nervous wrecks; even the pretty onces will feel just as uncomfortable as you do, and particularly if the interest is mutual. Women love funny guys, because they're interesting while killing the tension at the same time. It's highly appreciated and it's a good way to keep her attention.

How to be funny? It really doesn't matter; if she's capable of liking you, she'll think you're funny either way, as long as you're at least halfway clever. Any sarcastic comment (not about her), lighthearted tease, anything that makes you seem like a nice, harmless guy. You don't have to be a comedian and don't try unless you're good at it. But, like I said--most women do like corny.

Above all else, remember that every woman is different. If some girl makes it clear that you don't float her boat, that could not possibly mean that "girls" don't like you. It means that girl doesn't like you. Move on; you'll find one that digs your style just fine.
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2010 2:05:31 PM
At 12/30/2010 1:58:54 PM, Sieben wrote:
Take risks. Have good intentions so that when you make mistakes, they will be honest mistakes.

I like this...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2010 2:52:36 PM
Be yourself. If she doesn't like you for who you are, you can pretend to be someone else of awhile to get her to go out with you, but it is going to break down eventually.

But start with talking to her online (if that is possible, since it is much easier to be brave and confident online) and get to know her, that will help you be confident in person.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2010 2:59:58 PM
At 12/30/2010 1:39:14 PM, Ren wrote:

5. Women are people, too.

Think of it this way: I assume you have friends, yes? How did you meet these people? By telling a pickup line? No, of course not. You approached them like any other human being that you were interested in speaking with, whether they initiated it or not. Just approach a girl like anyone else; like someone you're sharing an experience with or whatever, that you wish to speak to. The more unassuming, the better.

Wait wait wait! Do NOT overly try to just look like a friend. As stated before, guys who look too "friendly" will be treated just that way. As friends. You have to be a good friend (as in act friendly, be nice, etc.) but don't just say "we can be friends, right"? As Ren said, women are quick to judge "interested in guy" or "not interested". If you try too hard to be friendly, and it works as ONLY friendly, I guarantee you'll be judged as "uninteresting romantically". If you really want to get somewhere, don't outright say it, but hint at the possibility. You need to get across to the girl that you are interested. That way, if you do become friends, you avoid the whole "I like my friend" problem. So how do you look interested, without being a leech?

My best advice for doing this is double-compliments. This usually works well. Compliment her, boost up her ego, BUT also do the same to yourself. That way, you don't look like a jerk for only talking about yourself, but you don't look like some lovestruck dummy for just repeating over and over "you're pretty". Don't be afraid to point out good things about yourself, WHILE pointing out good things about the girl. This also works at showing you're nice and "interested" without seeming that you're obsessed (since you also compliment yourself).

In the end, it's important to:
1) Be confident.
2) Be funny, and likable.
3) Compliment her.
4) Be wary of "the friend zone"
5) Do not try too hard. Ever.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2010 6:38:44 PM
My world is many times simpler... Honestly, how did this become such a big deal ?
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2010 7:32:56 PM
At 12/30/2010 7:21:36 PM, bluesteel wrote:
http://www.amazon.com...

THIS!!!!!!

This book really changed my life.
Women love confidence, so fake it until you make it.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2010 7:39:00 PM
At 12/30/2010 2:59:58 PM, M.Torres wrote:

LOL, the "friend zone."

There's no such thing. If a woman decides that she would sleep with you, then under certain conditions, she definitely would, whether you're friends already or not.

Women sleep with their friends a lot more than you'd think; more than they'd ever admit.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2010 7:48:21 PM
At 12/30/2010 1:39:26 PM, wamba wrote:
tell her that her tits are wonderful

also grab and light squeeze. Gage reaction. If bad, run like hell.

And congrats you made it to second base.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2010 12:44:51 AM
At 12/30/2010 7:39:00 PM, Ren wrote:

LOL, the "friend zone."

There's no such thing. If a woman decides that she would sleep with you, then under certain conditions, she definitely would, whether you're friends already or not.

Women sleep with their friends a lot more than you'd think; more than they'd ever admit.

Watch the movie Hitch. Apparently, most girls decide within minutes of meeting a guy whether they'd sleep with them or not (or maybe it's whether he's "boyfriend material"...).

If she starts treating you like a gay male then you've got a problem. The "friend zone" makes complete sense. I've often used "I don't want to ruin our friendship" as an excuse.
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2010 1:00:45 AM
Make her laugh, avoid what panda says and don't compliment her online. Look your best which makes you feel your best, builds confidence which leads to being more attractive. (Take a shot or two? Really loosens you up but dont be an idiot)
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2010 1:01:44 AM

LOL, the "friend zone."

Incorrect, there are times when a girl will consider you a friend and not want to be more. Simple.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2010 1:01:52 AM
1) You can't rationalize a woman into liking you. There's nothing you can say that can "convince her" to like you. Attraction is not a choice.

2) If you're unwilling to lose a particular woman, you will probably act like a supplicant towards her and lose her anyway. Act like an alpha male, who has other options, not a beta male who follows her around like a puppy.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2010 1:24:18 AM
At 12/31/2010 1:01:52 AM, bluesteel wrote:
1) You can't rationalize a woman into liking you. There's nothing you can say that can "convince her" to like you. Attraction is not a choice.:
2) If you're unwilling to lose a particular woman, you will probably act like a supplicant towards her and lose her anyway. Act like an alpha male, who has other options, not a beta male who follows her around like a puppy.

Some people are shy, you can't honestly believe that no advice could help a brother out.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2010 1:47:17 AM
At 12/31/2010 1:24:18 AM, Alex wrote:
At 12/31/2010 1:01:52 AM, bluesteel wrote:
1) You can't rationalize a woman into liking you. There's nothing you can say that can "convince her" to like you. Attraction is not a choice.:

Some people are shy, you can't honestly believe that no advice could help a brother out.

No, it means appeal to her emotional programming, not her rationality. Most guys try the approach of "convincing" a woman to like them by trying to show they are wealthy, dependable, etc. This doesn't work.

And honestly, you can *be* shy and get a girl but you can't *act* shy and get a girl. Shyness shows low social value.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2010 2:32:03 AM
At 12/31/2010 12:44:51 AM, TulleKrazy wrote:

LOL, the "friend zone."

Watch the movie Hitch. Apparently, most girls decide within minutes of meeting a guy whether they'd sleep with them or not (or maybe it's whether he's "boyfriend material"...).

If she starts treating you like a gay male then you've got a problem. The "friend zone" makes complete sense. I've often used "I don't want to ruin our friendship" as an excuse.

1. Women choose men.

In this society, the ball is really in the girl's court. She will often determine whether she will sleep with you within minutes of meeting you. That doesn't mean that it's in the bag, but it does mean that there is a conceivable path you can take into her pants. The very important point here, though, is that there are definitely lost causes. No matter how much you may want a girl to be with you or sleep with you, if she decides that she's not interested, she more than likely will never change her mind. Women are highly sought after and therefore, if she rejects you once, she will usually end up in a relationship before you can even get her to take you seriously. This is usually because she has in mind what she wants and you are not it.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2010 2:35:19 AM
At 12/31/2010 2:32:03 AM, Ren wrote:
At 12/31/2010 12:44:51 AM, TulleKrazy wrote:

LOL, the "friend zone."

1. Women choose men.

True, but if you're a man, you need to act like you choose women. Choosiness is a high value attribute; neediness/desperation is an extreme turnoff.

Also, don't take what Ren is saying to mean that women will make the first move. If they are not attracted, you cannot change that. BUT the woman will almost never make the first move, even if she is super-attracted to a guy.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2010 4:30:46 AM
At 12/30/2010 1:06:31 PM, THE_OPINIONATOR wrote:
Well you see im not the best with women, I mean I can talk to them as friends and all but when it comes to likeing one and talking to them I am a bottle of nerves! There is this girl I like and well I try to talk to he but....I cant seem to break the ice, and its awfle thick!! I NEED HELP AND TIPS PLEASE!!! I want to ask her out and all but I have no idea how to go about it with her!

Do you know where she lives?

Do you have a car?

If so, impress her by doing handbrake turns, reverse one-eighties and doughnuts up and down her street.

If you don't have a car, take your bike and do wheelies and bunny-hops in front of her house.

If you don't have a bike, walk there and do press-ups outside her front gate.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2010 5:28:15 AM
At 12/31/2010 4:30:46 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 12/30/2010 1:06:31 PM, THE_OPINIONATOR wrote:

Do you know where she lives?

Do you have a car?

If so, impress her by doing handbrake turns, reverse one-eighties and doughnuts up and down her street.

If you don't have a car, take your bike and do wheelies and bunny-hops in front of her house.

If you don't have a bike, walk there and do press-ups outside her front gate.

This... This is just win... Best advice out there was just given.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2010 7:07:43 AM
At 12/31/2010 1:00:45 AM, Alex wrote:
Make her laugh, avoid what panda says and don't compliment her online. Look your best which makes you feel your best, builds confidence which leads to being more attractive. (Take a shot or two? Really loosens you up but dont be an idiot)

O rly? Give me a month or so.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.