Jump to topic:

Disturbing infatuation

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 10:56:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I recently stumbled on to a website that had a beheading video. I assumed it was fake and clicked on it to verify. Uhhhhhhhhh.... It wasn't fake. It was either a Mexican or Colombian cartel who caught a rival. They interrogated him a little, and then proceeded to cut his throat.

It's one of those things where you don't want to see this, and you definitely don't want to hear it (I think the audio is almost worse than the visual, as amazing as that might sound), and yet you can't look away. In end, I finally did stop watching as they were trying to pierce the man's vertebrae. I'd had enough at that point.

Needless to say it was horrific. The emotions it illicits, range from empathy for the victim (who you know is conscious for most of it) and a cross between disgust for the perpetrators and their wanton cruelty, and a perplexity that people can actually do that to other people. How do you assassinate the conscience so thoroughly that you cannot empathize? Or do they find sociopaths who physically cannot give a cr@p about the suffering of others?

Unfortunately, this is like my 3rd beheading video, and it doesn't seem to get any easier to watch. I guess my question is, would you opt to look out of morbid curiosity, or would you opt out of watching it (as in, you can't unsee terrible things)?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 12:03:56 PM
At 1/1/2011 11:14:01 AM, badger wrote:
come on and snap out of it will ya you twisted bastard.. i wanna watch people get their heads cut off.

****WARNING*****

If you do NOT want to watch someone's head cut off then do NOT click on the following links

http://theync.com...

http://videos.expectaculos.com...

****WARNING****
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 12:10:57 PM
Hot damn those are gruesome. Especially the fact he continues to breath until the pretty much chop his while neck off.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 12:12:01 PM
"I guess my question is, would you opt to look out of morbid curiosity, or would you opt out of watching it"

Guess I don't need Badger to answer the question directly for me to know what choice he made.

I hope you throw up all over the screen, you sick, Irish bastard! Eh, who am I to judge if I provided I'm the one who provided the link?

*** I highly recommend no one else watches ****
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 12:12:56 PM
At 1/1/2011 12:10:57 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Hot damn those are gruesome. Especially the fact he continues to breath until the pretty much chop his while neck off.:

Tell me about the visceral experience you had while watching it.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 12:29:47 PM
You sick bastards are scouring that website, looking at all the nasty videos, huh?

I weep for the future.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 12:34:42 PM
At 1/1/2011 12:12:56 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 1/1/2011 12:10:57 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Hot damn those are gruesome. Especially the fact he continues to breath until the pretty much chop his while neck off.:

Tell me about the visceral experience you had while watching it.

Pretty much nothing. I digested the information in front of me: A guy getting beheaded slowly and painfully. A pang of tragedy if nothing else.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 12:34:48 PM
At 1/1/2011 10:56:48 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
I recently stumbled on to a website that had a beheading video. I assumed it was fake and clicked on it to verify. Uhhhhhhhhh.... It wasn't fake. It was either a Mexican or Colombian cartel who caught a rival. They interrogated him a little, and then proceeded to cut his throat.

This is like deja vu'. I saw one years ago, a year ago to be exact. Though mine was far less gruesome. Just a shot in the face. And then a disturbing close up of the marred face.

It's one of those things where you don't want to see this, and you definitely don't want to hear it (I think the audio is almost worse than the visual, as amazing as that might sound), and yet you can't look away. In end, I finally did stop watching as they were trying to pierce the man's vertebrae. I'd had enough at that point.

Needless to say it was horrific. The emotions it illicits, range from empathy for the victim (who you know is conscious for most of it) and a cross between disgust for the perpetrators and their wanton cruelty, and a perplexity that people can actually do that to other people. How do you assassinate the conscience so thoroughly that you cannot empathize? Or do they find sociopaths who physically cannot give a cr@p about the suffering of others?

Its all about the raising. If you were bought up into believing that some sect of people were bad (I used the most generic term, you can add a few of your own, leeches, parasites, filthy, one who lived by sucking of others, demons, to generalize), you would come to accept it naturally as you grow. Its before one falls into the framework of questioning. And then if one experiences glorification of such acts, its not too soon before he itches to 'try' it himself. In the video I watched, the 30-something man was killed by an 8-year old. Or 9 at max.

Unfortunately, this is like my 3rd beheading video, and it doesn't seem to get any easier to watch. I guess my question is, would you opt to look out of morbid curiosity, or would you opt out of watching it (as in, you can't unsee terrible things)?

Definitely the second. Though these things naturally raise curiosity, i already have trouble sleeping.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 12:43:51 PM
They're not that bad. I mean, they are bad, but not to the point were you are going to vomit. Watching a lot of japanese film from WW2 documenting the execution of POW and beheadings of women in Manchuria is just as bad. There was even an attempted beheading, where they cut through her spinal cord (from the back of the next) but not all the way through. She survived long enough to be rushed to a doctor that was hiding and he sowed her neck back together (all on film), but couldn't do anything about her spinal cord and she eventually died.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 12:46:45 PM
At 1/1/2011 12:43:51 PM, OreEle wrote:
They're not that bad. I mean, they are bad, but not to the point were you are going to vomit. Watching a lot of japanese film from WW2 documenting the execution of POW and beheadings of women in Manchuria is just as bad.:

I'm not comparing them with other atrocities. I think they can stand on their own merits.
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 12:52:30 PM
You're tougher than I am PARADIGM. I've read about beheading videos before. They sound about as bad as it can get. I've been using the Internet long enough to have a gallery of things I can't unsee. No need to add to the collection.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 12:52:51 PM
you guys are all sick.. why would you watch that?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 12:54:06 PM
At 1/1/2011 12:46:45 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 1/1/2011 12:43:51 PM, OreEle wrote:
They're not that bad. I mean, they are bad, but not to the point were you are going to vomit. Watching a lot of japanese film from WW2 documenting the execution of POW and beheadings of women in Manchuria is just as bad.:

I'm not comparing them with other atrocities. I think they can stand on their own merits.

Yes, they do stand on their own, I'm just saying they are not that bad.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 12:55:12 PM
At 1/1/2011 12:54:15 PM, gerrandesquire wrote:
At 1/1/2011 12:52:51 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

You are saying this before you watched it or after?

never having watched it.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 12:55:38 PM
At 1/1/2011 12:55:12 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

never having watched it.

I don't understand why anyone would.

Metaphysics:
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 1:05:21 PM
never having watched it.

I don't understand why anyone would.:

That's the point of the inquiry. I want to see how many people's morbid curiosity compels them to watch, versus the people who choose not to view disgusting acts of human cruelty against their fellow man.
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 1:17:40 PM
At 1/1/2011 1:05:21 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
never having watched it.

I don't understand why anyone would.:

That's the point of the inquiry. I want to see how many people's morbid curiosity compels them to watch, versus the people who choose not to view disgusting acts of human cruelty against their fellow man.

Good luck with that. I think the stats right now are 2 not watching vs 2 watching, and 3 vs 2 if you include yourself.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 1:27:24 PM
At 1/1/2011 12:55:38 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

never having watched it.

it's a beautiful art! nah.. i kinda skipped through the first one.. it didn't have any effect on me whatsoever really.. i wasn't glued to it or disgusted.. or both.. somehow? i'd say p_l's just a twisted bastard.. he's in the army too isn't he? makes sense.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 1:30:04 PM
At 1/1/2011 1:27:24 PM, badger wrote:
At 1/1/2011 12:55:38 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

never having watched it.

it's a beautiful art! nah.. i kinda skipped through the first one.. it didn't have any effect on me whatsoever really.. i wasn't glued to it or disgusted.. or both.. somehow? i'd say p_l's just a twisted bastard.. he's in the army too isn't he? makes sense.

to answer your question: curiousity?
signature
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 1:32:07 PM
it's a beautiful art! nah.. i kinda skipped through the first one.. it didn't have any effect on me whatsoever really.. i wasn't glued to it or disgusted.. or both.. somehow? i'd say p_l's just a twisted bastard..:

How do you figure when I'm the only one expressing horror?

he's in the army too isn't he? makes sense.:

No, I'm just in the military.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 1:38:36 PM
At 1/1/2011 1:32:07 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
it's a beautiful art! nah.. i kinda skipped through the first one.. it didn't have any effect on me whatsoever really.. i wasn't glued to it or disgusted.. or both.. somehow? i'd say p_l's just a twisted bastard..:

How do you figure when I'm the only one expressing horror?

but you must have liked it if you watched two full videos and on your own accord (i'm assuming). i could've expressed horror here too if i wanted to..

he's in the army too isn't he? makes sense.:

same thing isn't it?
signature
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 1:48:11 PM

but you must have liked it if you watched two full videos and on your own accord (i'm assuming). i could've expressed horror here too if i wanted to..:

I already told you, I stumbled on to it. And by then I was already watching it. I watched about 30 seconds before I turned it off. The second video I found trying to find you a link to the first one. Figured I might as well show you that one too.

I don't like it, it sickens me not physically but emotionally), but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued by it. I find myself wondering what is going through the mind of both the victim and the victimizer. I saw it because of morbid curiosity. It doesn't seem to make any impact on you, but it does bother me.

I want to know why some people are troubled by it and others not.

same thing isn't it?:

No, there's five branches of the US military. The Army is just one branch. I'm in the Coast Guard and was in the Navy. Either way, I don't see the relevance.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 2:06:27 PM
At 1/1/2011 1:48:11 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

but you must have liked it if you watched two full videos and on your own accord (i'm assuming). i could've expressed horror here too if i wanted to..:

I already told you, I stumbled on to it. And by then I was already watching it. I watched about 30 seconds before I turned it off. The second video I found trying to find you a link to the first one. Figured I might as well show you that one too.

fair enough.. i was only joking anyway.

I don't like it, it sickens me not physically but emotionally), but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't intrigued by it. I find myself wondering what is going through the mind of both the victim and the victimizer. I saw it because of morbid curiosity. It doesn't seem to make any impact on you, but it does bother me.

I want to know why some people are troubled by it and others not.

dunno? different strokes for different folks? it scares you maybe?

same thing isn't it?:

No, there's five branches of the US military. The Army is just one branch. I'm in the Coast Guard and was in the Navy. Either way, I don't see the relevance.

i was joking again.. i'm an electrician.
signature
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 2:06:54 PM
It wasn't fake. It was either a Mexican or Colombian cartel who caught a rival.
If this is accurate, it's not even a tragedy, except that the winner survived. Granted, there's nothing wrong with dealing drugs, but there is something wrong with the means pretty much all the cartels in that area use to get there as far as I know.

Now, if this is a civilian, it's a whole different thing, but if it isn't, I want more of these beheadings to happen-- to both sides.

The videos are rather boring, although it's interesting to know that apparently one can successfully tourniquet the neck that easily (did they just keep twisting that thing till the head came off, or did they cut it off screen? Either way I would not have expected there to be no blood. It's one thing that it choked off, but I'd still expect it to be right up against the edge and come out at removal, the pressure must have stuck a lot more area together than the pressuring device covers)
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 2:28:14 PM
The videos are rather boring:

Boring?

Jesus f*cking Christ, what do you people do in your spare time?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2011 2:38:37 PM
At 1/1/2011 2:28:14 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
The videos are rather boring:

Boring?

Jesus f*cking Christ, what do you people do in your spare time?

Read books with plots, play videogames, generally not watch someone play with a knife against a helpless prisoner. It's like watching an NBA team play basketball against a team from Fat Camp, except then they'd still be racing against the clock to score as much as possible, here there's not even a damn clock :P

Saddam's execution was pretty boring too. A good thing? Sure. So is baking, but I don't watch the Food channel.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.