Jump to topic:

Brian's Charity Appeal

brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2011 12:08:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Campaign to Alleviate Stockbrokers' Hardship (CASH)

I am sure you all had an enjoyable Christmas and New Year – good for you. For most of us, the festive season was full of joy and laughter, and a time to reflect on our good fortune during the preceding year and to look forward to a prosperous year to come.

Tragically, however, this year's celebrations were ruined for many stockbrokers when the devastating news broke that their annual pay awards would be down an average of 7% on last year.

This has left many investment bankers having to scrape by with as little as $500,000 to supplement their salaries – a paltry sum given that the prices of sportscars, helicopters and yachts are all on the increase.

These poor, unfortunate commodity brokers, FX traders and hedge fund managers will suffer a miserable year of austerity and self-denial - unless you step in to help.

Your donations could make all the difference - here's what your money could buy:

* As little as $125,000 will pay for a trader's son to attend Eton College for one term.

* A meagre $150,000 will cover the cost of a skiing vacation in Courcheval for a hard-up banker and his family.

* Just $310,000 will buy a banker's wife a Vertu Signature cell-phone.

* A negligible £400,000 pays for a Riva Aquarama speedboat for a cash-strapped financier's lakeside villa in Tuscany.

* And a trifling $1,500,000 will enable a stockbroker to buy a Bugatti Veyron for his daughter's 18th birthday.

Please give generously in this, the investment bankers' hour of need, and send your donations to:

Campaign to Alleviate Stockbrokers' Hardship (CASH)
London.
England.

Please make checks payable to: CASH.

Thank you.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2011 12:11:29 PM
Being someone in Finance and knowledgeable about what they do. I wouldn't be yammering about the salaries of i-bankers.

Considering they work 110 hours a week on average it's not too ridiculous that they are paid 3 times the amount
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2011 12:53:23 PM
At 1/4/2011 12:19:40 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Sounds like envy to me.

Not really, it's just the attitude of the investment banking industry and many of its employees that makes my blood boil, that's all.

I mean, while everyone else is being asked to tighten their belts to help reduce the budget deficits that exist in most Western countries, the bankers are refusing to shoulder their share of the burden, threatening to relocate if restrictions or taxes are imposed on their annual bonuses.

Indeed, one of my clients – a very large investment bank that was bailed out by the German government, is being sued by around 100 of its London-based employees for not paying the bonuses they say they were promised.

Of course, if the German taxpayer hadn't come to bank's rescue none of them would even have jobs, never mind bonuses, but, of course, that wouldn't occur to them.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...