Jump to topic:

Abortion

missmozart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 6:21:04 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
This is not going to be some sort of debate about abortion but I just want to know what people think. Personally, I feel that abortion is absolutely awful but should be allowed under extreme and reasonable circumstances, for example this one:

(This is a true story of a family friend.)

A woman was pregnant with an unhealthy baby. She knew it, the doctors knew it. Living in Ireland, where abortion was illegal, she could do nothing about it. Not only was her baby suffering, but she was too. Weeks before her labour, she could barely walk up three steps of stairs. She couldn't walk, eat or sleep. She was in pain. When she gave birth to her 'baby', it was discovered that it only had half a head. The doctors let her hold the thing and as soon as she saw it, she fainted. The baby or whatever it was, died minutes later.

After that, the woman had nightmares every night for a very long period. The image of the deformed thing haunted her and stuck in her brain.

My question is, is abortion still immoral in such a scenario? Everyone knew that the baby was going to die anyways and I really can't imagine how awful it must have been for her, especially when she saw her child.
"Bonjour" -Feu

Diqiu: "Asian men are generally perceived as more feminine..."
Me: "Are you feminine?"
Diqiu: "Hey, no!"

"Do really really really good pens turn you on?" -Hayd

"bsh1's profile pic is what the snapchat filter would look like on steroids"- VOT

"let's keep it simple and traditional :D" -Biodome
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 7:20:23 PM
At 8/25/2016 6:21:04 PM, missmozart wrote:
This is not going to be some sort of debate about abortion but I just want to know what people think. Personally, I feel that abortion is absolutely awful but should be allowed under extreme and reasonable circumstances, for example this one:

A woman was pregnant with an unhealthy baby. She knew it, the doctors knew it. Living in Ireland, where abortion was illegal, she could do nothing about it. Not only was her baby suffering, but she was too. Weeks before her labour, she could barely walk up three steps of stairs. She couldn't walk, eat or sleep. She was in pain. When she gave birth to her 'baby', it was discovered that it only had half a head. The doctors let her hold the thing and as soon as she saw it, she fainted. The baby or whatever it was, died minutes later.

After that, the woman had nightmares every night for a very long period. The image of the deformed thing haunted her and stuck in her brain.

My question is, is abortion still immoral in such a scenario? Everyone knew that the baby was going to die anyways and I really can't imagine how awful it must have been for her, especially when she saw her child.

tu freaked moi up :D
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
missmozart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 7:21:28 PM
At 8/25/2016 7:20:23 PM, fire_wings wrote:

tu freaked moi up :D

Ouais..
"Bonjour" -Feu

Diqiu: "Asian men are generally perceived as more feminine..."
Me: "Are you feminine?"
Diqiu: "Hey, no!"

"Do really really really good pens turn you on?" -Hayd

"bsh1's profile pic is what the snapchat filter would look like on steroids"- VOT

"let's keep it simple and traditional :D" -Biodome
Chloe8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 9:58:26 PM

Abortion is not a very nice thing but there is no justifiable reason to force a woman to go through with an unwanted pregnancy. Everyone should be entitled to full reproductive rights and forcing women to go through with unwanted pregnancies is in my opinion a clear breach of this right.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 9:59:31 PM

Read my debate with Bob about abortion.

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 9:22:27 PM
There was almost nothing to post for the DDOlympics, so I just took this one out.

Yeah, abortion is a serious thing. I clearly don't get why they want to ban abortion. Like they know that even though there is an abortion ban, people will still make illegal abortions. The amount of abortions or *if* there are abortions or *if* their isn't abortions doesn't change, there are still abortions for both. And illegal abortions are also more dangerous, so I don't know why the government is doing this. Maybe they think they will stop doing abortions, but that will not happen at all also.

And I don't really get how and why the ban abortion. The fetus isn't alive, like it can't be because they can't even breathe correctly, and the 7 things of characteristics of life also show that the fetus isn't alive. So I don't know how they even get the argument of the fetus is alive, when the fetus is clearly not alive at all.

So, as you said missmozart, and the example you gave is right, abortion is wrong. They aren't living, they don't have the right of life, there are illegal abortions happening because of this, and also some teenagers are getting babies, and they wreck their whole life if there is a baby, because it costs money for the babies.

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 8:18:18 PM
Posted: 2 months ago

An act of selfishness.....a necessary evil...and a disgrace to those souls unborn.