Jump to topic:

10 random facts about yourself

missmozart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 8:59:17 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Post up to ten completely random facts about yourself that people probably don't know about.

1. I once found the equivalent of 300 euro on the ground in China
2. I can play the Irish tin-whistle quite well
3. When I was 12, I was awarded 2nd place for poetry-aloud
4. I love chocolate :)
5. In my first year of school (I was four), we were told to bring in 1 euro for a library trip and I brought in 1c instead...so smart
6. I was brought up to know that anything could be achieved with hard-work. So when I was younger, I thought that I would be able to teach myself how to fly if I practised every day for long enough
7. The last time I got sick (excluding the mild colds I get twice a year) was almost EIGHT years ago
8. I can fall asleep within minutes when I'm in bed and I'm not kidding, TEN men could walk into my room and steal everything and I would probably still be asleep
9. I have a horrible habit of laughing for no reason when people play squeaky notes on the violin or sing out of tune. It's so rude but I don't mean it at all. Whenever this particular guy in my musicianship class had to sight-sing, I needed to somehow block my ears discreetly to avoid embarrassing him. I've spent two years trying to get rid of it but I still find it hard to suppress a grin occasionally
10. I wrote a piano piece called the '-b formula' for my mathematics teacher and it wasn't till I gave it to her that I realised she didn't even play the piano
"Bonjour" -Feu

Diqiu: "Asian men are generally perceived as more feminine..."
Me: "Are you feminine?"
Diqiu: "Hey, no!"

"Do really really really good pens turn you on?" -Hayd

"bsh1's profile pic is what the snapchat filter would look like on steroids"- VOT

"let's keep it simple and traditional :D" -Biodome
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 9:11:18 PM
At 9/2/2016 8:59:17 PM, missmozart wrote:
Post up to ten completely random facts about yourself that people probably don't know about.

/

5. In my first year of school (I was four), we were told to bring in 1 euro for a library trip and I brought in 1c instead...so smart
6. I was brought up to know that anything could be achieved with hard-work. So when I was younger, I thought that I would be able to teach myself how to fly if I practised every day for long enough
7. The last time I got sick (excluding the mild colds I get twice a year) was almost EIGHT years ago
8. I can fall asleep within minutes when I'm in bed and I'm not kidding, TEN men could walk into my room and steal everything and I would probably still be asleep
9. I have a horrible habit of laughing for no reason when people play squeaky notes on the violin or sing out of tune. It's so rude but I don't mean it at all. Whenever this particular guy in my musicianship class had to sight-sing, I needed to somehow block my ears discreetly to avoid embarrassing him. I've spent two years trying to get rid of it but I still find it hard to suppress a grin occasionally
10. I wrote a piano piece called the '-b formula' for my mathematics teacher and it wasn't till I gave it to her that I realised she didn't even play the piano

1. I won the Spelling Bee in 1st grade
2. In hat day, you needed to bring a coin to put it, but I put in a small rock.
3. In my 4 years of America, I NEVER went to the hospital
4. I have allergies to cats
5. I basically sleep like just being in the bed, not like missmozart
6. I laugh like saying, "Poof, then holding your breath in your cheeks, then laugh.
7. In Korea, we went to a tomato festival, but someone broke their glasses in the tomato place, so we couldn't go in.
8. When I am mad after I lose tennis, I once served a ball to ones forehead. Must have hurt :(
9. I hate swimming
10. I like wearing my t-shirt backwards sometimes because it is more comfortable.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
whiteflame
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 10:31:44 PM
1. I have a fraternal twin brother who is 2 minutes younger than me. And yes, I do lord it over him.
2. I'm pretty heavily into anime. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Fate/Zero and One Punch Man currently rank as my favorites, though I've watched a pretty broad range.
3. I write for stories developed between myself and another person on fanpop. Always enjoy making a bunch of interesting characters and developing plot lines.
4. I have a darker skin tone than anyone in my family.
5. I've been doing debate on and off since I was in my senior year of high school, which equates to roughly 13 years of it.
6. I was valedictorian of my high school, though it was relatively small and new at the time, and I had a hard time in undergrad.
7. Met my wife entirely by random chance at a Hanukkah outing. Probably never would have crossed paths otherwise, despite living 5 minutes away from her.
8. I've broken a finger and a toe before, one with a football and one coming down off a pull-up bar in a bad way.
9. I used to race snails up a light pole. It was a lot more exciting at the time, though I can't say what drew me to it.
10. I'm a major klutz. I drop a tremendous amount of stuff, and I can't seem to walk anywhere without hitting into something or someone and tripping over myself.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 12:54:42 AM
1.Of the three siblings in my immediate family, I am the only one considered tall.
2.I'm a chocoholic and can actually sniff chocolate out in a living space. A special talent my father honed in me to find where my mother had hidden it so it would not be eaten in one sitting.
3.I have 110 first cousins, which averages 5.78 kids per paired aunt and uncle from both sides of the family.
4.I am not at all graceful and dance like Elaine from Seinfeld without the confidence, so I avoid it whenever possible. https://www.youtube.com...
5.I speak with a pronounced Boston accent.
6.Practice organic gardening and can my goods much like my grandmother did. (My claim to fame is my marinara and roasted tomato sauce with all ingredients exclusively from my garden).
7.I'm a news junkie; I"ll get up 2 hours early to get my fix before I begin my day.
8.Good cook and a marginal baker.
9.Pre internet, I met my husband through a local dating pages magazine. He read my ad while waiting for Chinese food take out.
10.I've earned two unrelated degrees and don't work in either profession.
missmozart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2016 8:08:13 PM
Bump
"Bonjour" -Feu

"bsh1's profile pic is what the snapchat filter would look like on steroids"- VOT

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 12:44:15 AM
1) I have a fraternal twin that is also on this site. He is 2 minutes older than me.
2) I was the youngest in my high school graduating class and am one of the youngest in my university class.
3) My twin and I were co-valedictorian.
4) I've broken my wrist on 3 separate occasions.
5) I enjoy silence a lot.
6) I like to think, so I'll just sit in my bed, close my eyes, and think until I fall asleep.
7) I am very tolerant of temperature, hot or cold. I can wear jeans and flannels in summer and shorts in winter.
8) I have an extremely broad taste in music that goes from classical to hip-hip to country to metalcore/deathmetal and everything in between, but my absolute favorite is indie/alternative.
9) I can eat and eat and not gain weight. I'm up to an entire large piazza and 5 breadsticks from Papa Johns, and then I start getting full.
10) My favorite number is: http://www.debate.org...
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 6:30:44 AM
1. I used to enjoy sitting in a greenhouse with a jacket on.
2. I'm really bad at opening bottles of, well, anything.
3. I can play the piano by ear, and I have perfect pitch.
4. If I were to identify as any animal, it'd be a vulture. That being said, I wouldn't want to actually be a vulture because eating carrion is disgusting.
5. I am a very prolific jaywalker (and no, I'm not kidding), and up until about 2 months ago my main source of exercise was walking a quarter mile each day to the nearby Dollar General in order to go get a snack, which involved crossing a busy two-lane.
6. My two favourite flavours of pizza are bacon and cheese. I can't stand pepperoni.
7. I used to take karate, but I was kinda bad at it.
8. I weigh 155 lbs as of one hour ago.
9. I am right-handed.
10. I've played through all 6 Pokemon generations, and at some point or another I've beaten all of them except for Generation IV.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 2:25:51 PM
1. I have traveled to 10 different places outside of USA (Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Nova Scotia, Majorca Spain, Marseilles and Paris France, Rome Italy, Rhodes Greece, Turkey, Dubai)

2. I listen to KPOP and Jrock more than any other music right now.
my current Kpop jam; https://www.youtube.com...
my current Jrock jam; https://www.youtube.com...

3. I can speak French, Japanese, and Korean pretty well, currently learning Arabic.

4. I've been shocked 3 times with 115 volts AC, I'm fine though I think.

5. Both of my daughters were born within one hour of a hallmark holiday. ( April 2, and Feb 13)

6. I tried out for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders when I was younger, but didn't make the cut due to lack of dance training.

7. I'm a certified electrician, currently working on a bachelors in electrical engineering with a minor in physics.

8. I'm really attracted to red things.

9. I've been married for 15 years, but unfortunately it's coming to an end.

10. I really love llamas and ostriches for some odd reason.
Be who you are, Say what you feel, Because those who mind don"t matter, And those who matter don't mind.

BANGTAN! Blood, Sweat, & Tears> Check it out yes! https://www.youtube.com...
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 5:22:06 PM
At 9/5/2016 12:44:15 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
1) I have a fraternal twin that is also on this site. He is 2 minutes older than

Who?

2) I was the youngest in my high school graduating class and am one of the youngest in my university class.
6) I like to think, so I'll just sit in my bed, close my eyes, and think until I fall asleep.
7) I am very tolerant of temperature, hot or cold. I can wear jeans and flannels in summer and shorts in winter.
8) I have an extremely broad taste in music that goes from classical to hip-hip to country to metalcore/deathmetal and everything in between, but my absolute favorite is indie/alternative.
9) I can eat and eat and not gain weight. I'm up to an entire large piazza and 5 breadsticks from Papa Johns, and then I start getting full.
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
missmozart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2016 3:23:00 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/5/2016 2:25:51 PM, AlyceTheElectrician wrote:
1. I have traveled to 10 different places outside of USA (Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Nova Scotia, Majorca Spain, Marseilles and Paris France, Rome Italy, Rhodes Greece, Turkey, Dubai)

2. I listen to KPOP and Jrock more than any other music right now.
my current Kpop jam; https://www.youtube.com...
my current Jrock jam; https://www.youtube.com...

3. I can speak French, Japanese, and Korean pretty well, currently learning Arabic.

4. I've been shocked 3 times with 115 volts AC, I'm fine though I think.

5. Both of my daughters were born within one hour of a hallmark holiday. ( April 2, and Feb 13)

That's so cool :D

6. I tried out for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders when I was younger, but didn't make the cut due to lack of dance training.

7. I'm a certified electrician, currently working on a bachelors in electrical engineering with a minor in physics.

8. I'm really attracted to red things.

9. I've been married for 15 years, but unfortunately it's coming to an end.

10. I really love llamas and ostriches for some odd reason.
"Bonjour" -Feu

Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 12:25:43 AM
1. I'm not gay.
2. I'm not gay.
3. I'm really not gay.
4. No seriously, I'm not gay.
5. People keep saying I'm gay.
6. I'm sick of people saying I'm gay.
7. It's frustrating when people think you're gay.
8. For the love of God, I'm not gay!
9. It's hard to get a date when people think you're gay.
10. I am totally and completely, undeniably, 100% NOT gay.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 12:29:14 AM
At 9/13/2016 12:25:43 AM, Genius_Intellect wrote:
1. I'm not gay.
2. I'm not gay.
3. I'm really not gay.

That's only one thing about yourself, you're hetero.
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 12:30:04 AM
At 9/13/2016 12:29:14 AM, Peepette wrote:
1. I'm not gay.
2. I'm not gay.
3. I'm really not gay.

That's only one thing about yourself, you're hetero.

No, it's ten things. Count them.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 12:55:13 AM
At 9/2/2016 8:59:17 PM, missmozart wrote:

1. I have an insistent obsession with movement. I have to move, constantly. When I study, I walk around, spin around, etc. When I sit in class, I shake my feet constantly, or tap my fingers in the desk like drums. It's actually part of why I play osu!, because it's a game that gives me a reason to constantly be moving. Of course, this leads to me having terrible accuracy on slow songs, since I tap too early a lot, but hey, I'm great at fast songs :D
2. Part of why I've never finished a song can be blamed on both my lack of knowledge on how to use the software for music, and because I often can't save my progress on most softwares that cost money (I use the demo version). I actually spend a lot of time humming little melodies that I'd love to make into a song, I just have no idea what I'm doing when I try.
3. I run cross country
4. I love sprite
5. I have smaller feet than pretty much every guy in my grade, and about 1/3 or more of the girls feet as well. Welcome to size 7 everybody :D
6. (According to Sapphique, at least) I have relative pitch. Basically, if I hear a melody and want to play it on the piano, I can figure it out fairly quickly, since I have a general knowledge of where every key is (sound-wise). However, if you ask me to find a specific key, I won't be able to help you. I have no idea which key is which, nor the different pitches of each. I depend solely on memory and ear, rather than key name (I should record myself playing a song someday that I figured out during my free time in Music app XD)
7. The only reason I ever started playing osu! is because some Norwegian guy asked me to play it with him. Of course, it was here, after learning the basics of how to play, that he subjected me to the wrath of 6-7 star maps and approach rates as high as 10, BPMs as high as 240, and several maps that I still can't pass to this day. (To give reference, I've only passed maybe ten 6 star maps, never passed a 7 star, and I've been playing for 2 years. I still can't properly read approach rate 10, though I can react to it, and when I say 240 bpm, I mean times where there are four circles in a single beat...and the beats are 240bpm)
8. I just said I'd consider a mafia game literally because someone said please
9. I can't think of anything to put here
10. I hate to make a religious fact, but here goes. Whenever people imagine God, they usually try to picture something beautiful, like a sky full of clouds, or a king on a throne before gates of gold. When I try to picture God, all I can see is a sight I saw when at Philmont during our last night on the trail. I could see valleys for miles, filled with trees, mountains cascading across the land. The sun was setting behind a mountain, the air around it still shimmering with red light and waving. The clouds above were big and pink, moving freely across the path where I was. It was here that my crew and I shared our favorite experiences and times during the entire trek. It's to this day one of the most beautiful scenes of nature that I've ever seen, and never want to forget it.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 1:01:31 AM
1. I'm gay.
2. I'm gay.
3. I'm really gay.
4. No seriously, I'm gay.
5. People keep saying I'm not gay.
6. I'm sick of people saying I'm not gay.
7. It's frustrating when people think you're not gay.
8. For the love of God, I'm gay!
9. It's hard to get a date when people think you're not gay.
10. I am totally and completely, undeniably, 100% gay.

bruh chill
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 1:17:17 AM
1. I'm a genius of sorts.
2. I'm also have a slight degree of madness.
3. I like to do the "impossible".
4. I know how to do one of the most impossible things ever that no one else has really figured out how to do.
5. I believe people who bast about ther IQ, intelligence, and or how smart they are are losers.
6. I love quotes.
7. I'm not all brain, i'm formidable on the field.
8. I am probably the most ambitious person you will ever meet.
9. I believe anything is possibly possible.
10. I have a place in my heart for trollish humor (funny not mean).
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 2:34:14 AM
At 9/13/2016 1:01:31 AM, Vaarka wrote:
1. I'm gay.
2. I'm gay.
3. I'm really gay.

bruh chill

You eliminated the "not" in my quote so it looks like I'm claiming to be gay.

Funny, but too subtle.
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 10:27:50 AM
1) I have a fraternal twin that is also on this site. He is 2 minutes older than me.

^^^ Same thing with me.

Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 11:11:14 AM
Did you break both of your wrists at the same time while running backwards? If you did, lemme know because I don't want to be alone in that XD
I like to think to, but I fall asleep very easily now (thanks to cross country ;D)
Dude wtf, I can't stand hot weather
I can eat and eat too, but I rarely have a big appetite. I'll mostly have like 3 slices of pizza and a drink and then be done. Of course, I can also eat and eat and not gain weight, hence why half of my diet is peanut butter, cheese, chips, sprite, and pasta

missmozart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 6:36:55 PM
1. I'm not gay.
2. I'm not gay.
3. I'm really not gay.

What do you mean by "gay"? As in you're sad or just not homosexual?
"Bonjour" -Feu

missmozart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 6:38:04 PM
At 9/13/2016 1:01:31 AM, Vaarka wrote:
1. I'm gay.
2. I'm gay.
3. I'm really gay.

bruh chill

That's hilarious :D
"Bonjour" -Feu

Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2016 10:26:04 PM
At 9/13/2016 6:36:55 PM, missmozart wrote:
1. I'm not gay.
2. I'm not gay.
3. I'm really not gay.

Both. And ironically, most of the gay people I know are not happy.
missmozart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 9:36:44 AM
At 9/13/2016 10:26:04 PM, Genius_Intellect wrote:
At 9/13/2016 6:36:55 PM, missmozart wrote:
1. I'm not gay.
2. I'm not gay.
3. I'm really not gay.

Both. And ironically, most of the gay people I know are not happy.

Why? Because people are discriminating against them?

I know this homosexual girl and people don't avoid her because she's gay, it's just that she's really weird in general. I'm not really going to explain what I mean by that because I don't think it's fair on her but my point is, it may not always be everyone else's fault..

With that being said, most of the gay people I know are really nice and outgoing, and I really wouldn't have guessed that they may be sad underneath(??)
"Bonjour" -Feu

Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 12:21:40 PM
At 9/14/2016 9:36:44 AM, missmozart wrote:
At 9/13/2016 10:26:04 PM, Genius_Intellect wrote:
And ironically, most of the gay people I know are not happy.

Why? Because people are discriminating against them?

No, because they're fat, biitchy, and addicted to Tumblr. They're SJW as well as gay.