Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Geek vs. Nerd

TheWaywardWriter
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2016 3:16:11 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
In your opinion, which of the two do you identify yourself more with? Which of the two is more likely to become successful in life?

Hah, I know this topic and question sounds pretty downright condescending and hypocritical, but I just want to see the reactions out of this.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 9,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2016 3:12:37 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 9/11/2016 3:16:11 PM, TheWaywardWriter wrote:
In your opinion, which of the two do you identify yourself more with? Which of the two is more likely to become successful in life?





Hah, I know this topic and question sounds pretty downright condescending and hypocritical, but I just want to see the reactions out of this.

I am more of a nerd than a geek, but you could consider me both. Idk about which would be more successful.
Donald invictus, deliver and be tart and huge by narrow.

"Especially so, but considering the nature of nuclear warheads, it's probably more like atomic annihilation than triple homicide." -Yours Truly

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity.
Vaarka
Posts: 9,866
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2016 3:16:05 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
idk the exact definitions of the differences, but I'd call myself more of a nerd than a geek XP
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCat: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,619
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 4:09:28 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
https://www.youtube.com...
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,619
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 4:09:42 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 9/12/2016 3:16:05 PM, Vaarka wrote:
idk the exact definitions of the differences, but I'd call myself more of a nerd than a geek XP

https://www.youtube.com...
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,619
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 4:10:05 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 9/12/2016 3:12:37 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
I am more of a nerd than a geek, but you could consider me both. Idk about which would be more successful.

https://www.youtube.com...
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Vaarka
Posts: 9,866
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 4:54:28 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 9/21/2016 4:09:42 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 9/12/2016 3:16:05 PM, Vaarka wrote:
idk the exact definitions of the differences, but I'd call myself more of a nerd than a geek XP

https://www.youtube.com...

I still can't quite catch the difference, other than one is more social while the other is more intact with modernity.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCat: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 9,017
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 5:03:01 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 9/21/2016 4:10:05 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 9/12/2016 3:12:37 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
I am more of a nerd than a geek, but you could consider me both. Idk about which would be more successful.

https://www.youtube.com...

There are two types of people...

I am both.

More geek.

But both.
Donald invictus, deliver and be tart and huge by narrow.

"Especially so, but considering the nature of nuclear warheads, it's probably more like atomic annihilation than triple homicide." -Yours Truly

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity.
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,619
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 5:30:17 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 9/21/2016 4:54:28 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 9/21/2016 4:09:42 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 9/12/2016 3:16:05 PM, Vaarka wrote:
idk the exact definitions of the differences, but I'd call myself more of a nerd than a geek XP

https://www.youtube.com...

I still can't quite catch the difference, other than one is more social while the other is more intact with modernity.

It's hilarious, though :P
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,619
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 5:31:46 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 9/21/2016 5:03:01 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
At 9/21/2016 4:10:05 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 9/12/2016 3:12:37 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
I am more of a nerd than a geek, but you could consider me both. Idk about which would be more successful.

https://www.youtube.com...

There are two types of people...

I am both.

More geek.

But both.

Lol. I love that video. :)
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW