Total Posts:5|Showing Posts:1-5
Jump to topic:

If a clone of you kills you, is that suicide?

Bruvton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 7:39:29 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
This problem arose at school during study hall, but it got too loud so the teacher stopped us from talking. The clone o you has the same memories of you, starting from when it was made, and was not born as you, but was made by some freak accident of science. I personally have no opinion on this topic, because it is you killing yourself, but it also isn't you killing yourself. What do you think?
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 4:24:06 PM
At 10/1/2016 7:39:29 AM, Bruvton wrote:
This problem arose at school during study hall, but it got too loud so the teacher stopped us from talking. The clone o you has the same memories of you, starting from when it was made, and was not born as you, but was made by some freak accident of science. I personally have no opinion on this topic, because it is you killing yourself, but it also isn't you killing yourself. What do you think?

Tell that b*tch that you are discussing philosophical concepts that go way beyond her capacities as a gloried baby sitter, as such she should exercise her right to remind silent and shut your whore mouth.

Thank me later.
illegalcombat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 4:24:57 PM
At 10/1/2016 4:24:06 PM, illegalcombat wrote:

Tell that b*tch that you are discussing philosophical concepts that go way beyond her capacities as a gloried baby sitter, as such she should exercise her right to remind silent and shut your whore mouth.

Thank me later.

* Glorified
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2016 7:10:09 PM

I don't think so. I think it would be kind of like if your twin killed you, and that wouldn't be suicide.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 7:46:47 PM

Your clone shares none of your memories. At most, it would remember as far back as being made, but even afterwards, it would be it's own being. Therefore, it would make it's own memories. Since it is it's own being, it is technically not killing itself, but another version of itself. Therefore, not suicide.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya