Jump to topic:

40 minutes of sleep - AMA

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 1:30:09 PM
Posted: 3 days ago
So VOT and I were joking about "best animus" the other night in the hangout, and he apparently has seen season one of SAO, but not season two (GGO). Since I actually enjoyed watching the first half of season two (SAO does this thing where the first half of the season is really good, and then the second half is eh and has a lot of fan service), I ended up thinking "I wanna watch it again", so I ended up pulling an (almost) all-nighter, watched the first fourteen episodes of GGO again, and fell asleep around 5:20 in the morning.

My alarm woke me up at 6, and I had to get up and get ready for school.

I'm tired as hell. AMA
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 5:23:08 PM
At 12/1/2016 1:30:09 PM, Vaarka wrote:
So VOT and I were joking about "best animus" the other night in the hangout, and he apparently has seen season one of SAO, but not season two (GGO). Since I actually enjoyed watching the first half of season two (SAO does this thing where the first half of the season is really good, and then the second half is eh and has a lot of fan service), I ended up thinking "I wanna watch it again", so I ended up pulling an (almost) all-nighter, watched the first fourteen episodes of GGO again, and fell asleep around 5:20 in the morning.

I'm tired as hell. AMA

Assuming we're talking about the same show, what are your thoughts on the upcoming American live action adaptation?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 5:28:11 PM
Why are Monster, GTO, and Berserk the only good animes?
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 5:32:08 PM
At 12/1/2016 5:23:08 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

I'm tired as hell. AMA

Assuming we're talking about the same show, what are your thoughts on the upcoming American live action adaptation?

They're making a live action?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 5:33:20 PM
At 12/1/2016 5:28:11 PM, Devilry wrote:
Why are Monster, GTO, and Berserk the only good animes?

idk, I've never seen them. I would recommend watching Cory in the House though

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 6:07:02 PM
At 12/1/2016 5:32:08 PM, Vaarka wrote:

I'm tired as hell. AMA

Of what I've heard, yeah.
#whitekirito
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 6:26:10 PM
why do you make so many of these strange AMAs
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 6:43:29 PM
At 12/1/2016 6:26:10 PM, fire_wings wrote:

Why don't you make any?

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 6:44:03 PM
At 12/1/2016 6:43:29 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 12/1/2016 6:26:10 PM, fire_wings wrote:

Why don't you make any?

I made one 508 posts ago.

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 6:44:21 PM
At 12/1/2016 6:07:02 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 12/1/2016 5:32:08 PM, Vaarka wrote:

I'm tired as hell. AMA

Of what I've heard, yeah.
#whitekirito

If I've learned anything from "The Last Airbender" (the movie), I don't have high standards set.

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 6:44:53 PM
honest opin... *drags, and gets eaten*

Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 6:49:48 PM

I'm tired as hell. AMA

That show is horrendous XD ironic coming from, I know.
#Don'tlookatDATXDUDE'sprofilebecauseyoureyeswillexplode ~ Petfish
#Treebrokethechurchbells ~ Discipulus_Didicit
Don't quote me ~fire_wings
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig. ~Seventh
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 7:00:13 PM
At 12/1/2016 6:49:48 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:

I'm tired as hell. AMA

Okay, let's back it up a little.

The second half of the seasons are horrendous/boring. The first half of S1 was actually pretty cool, and honestly could've lasted the entire season (which I was hoping to see happen, where episode 25 is them fighting the boss on floor 100, and 26 is them escaping the game and whatnot). S2 was a bit different, because it carried the same gaming concept of S1, but this time with guns, and on a *very* competitive scale, plus a few new characters. I enjoyed watching GGO (the first half of S2), and while I wouldn't call it the "best anime ever" (like some people), I still quite enjoyed it.

Second half of S2 also sucked. They tend to have the first half be actually enjoyable, and then the second half be fairies, bewbs, and random stuff that you wish didn't happen so you could actually enjoy the first half if they continued with it. In fact, if they did a similar thing with S2 (second half), but instead of going back to ALO, they all went to GGO, that'd actually be pretty cool. But nah, you get random sad slice of life with a girl that was born with AIDs or something.

And I'm still tired as crap, but at the same time I'm not having any trouble staying awake.

Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 7:11:04 PM
At 12/1/2016 7:00:13 PM, Vaarka wrote:

I'm tired as hell. AMA

The second half of the seasons are horrendous/boring. The first half of S1 was actually pretty cool, and honestly could've lasted the entire season (which I was hoping to see happen, where episode 25 is them fighting the boss on floor 100, and 26 is them escaping the game and whatnot).
Let's start right here. Arguably the entire show should have been in "Sword Art Online." and it would have been very easy to do it like that. 3 years were cut out between two episodes for gosh sake
S2 was a bit different, because it carried the same gaming concept of S1, but this time with guns, and on a *very* competitive scale, plus a few new characters. I enjoyed watching GGO (the first half of S2), and while I wouldn't call it the "best anime ever" (like some people), I still quite enjoyed it.
It was enjoyable but still not very good. The "same" concept wasn't nearly the same as one a helmet fried you and the other (WON'T SAY IN CASE OF SPOILERS) well you know what it was
Second half of S2 also sucked. They tend to have the first half be actually enjoyable, and then the second half be fairies, bewbs, and random stuff that you wish didn't happen so you could actually enjoy the first half if they continued with it. In fact, if they did a similar thing with S2 (second half), but instead of going back to ALO, they all went to GGO, that'd actually be pretty cool. But nah, you get random sad slice of life with a girl that was born with AIDs or something.
That's accurate
And I'm still tired as crap, but at the same time I'm not having any trouble staying awake.
Me as well.
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 7:15:33 PM
At 12/1/2016 7:11:04 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:

I'm tired as hell. AMA

The second half of the seasons are horrendous/boring. The first half of S1 was actually pretty cool, and honestly could've lasted the entire season (which I was hoping to see happen, where episode 25 is them fighting the boss on floor 100, and 26 is them escaping the game and whatnot).
Let's start right here. Arguably the entire show should have been in "Sword Art Online." and it would have been very easy to do it like that. 3 years were cut out between two episodes for gosh sake
2 years iirc
S2 was a bit different, because it carried the same gaming concept of S1, but this time with guns, and on a *very* competitive scale, plus a few new characters. I enjoyed watching GGO (the first half of S2), and while I wouldn't call it the "best anime ever" (like some people), I still quite enjoyed it.
It was enjoyable but still not very good. The "same" concept wasn't nearly the same as one a helmet fried you and the other (WON'T SAY IN CASE OF SPOILERS) well you know what it was
Yeah, but I also find great enjoyment in watching gun battle action, mostly just BoB, as well as them slowly figuring out what's happening and whatnot.
That's accurate
Me as well.

Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 7:17:48 PM
At 12/1/2016 7:15:33 PM, Vaarka wrote:

I'm tired as hell. AMA

2 years iirc
Typo lol
Yeah, but I also find great enjoyment in watching gun battle action, mostly just BoB, as well as them slowly figuring out what's happening and whatnot.
I will admit it was interesting but let's be completely honest here. Did a game called "Gun Gale Online" belong in a show called "Sword Art Online"
That's accurate
Me as well.
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 7:19:43 PM
At 12/1/2016 7:17:48 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:
At 12/1/2016 7:15:33 PM, Vaarka wrote:

I'm tired as hell. AMA

2 years iirc
Typo lol
I will admit it was interesting but let's be completely honest here. Did a game called "Gun Gale Online" belong in a show called "Sword Art Online"
Technically, wasn't season two called Gun Gale Online? Let's not forget Kirito's weapon of choice, btw
That's accurate
Me as well.

Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 7:25:11 PM
At 12/1/2016 7:19:43 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Technically, wasn't season two called Gun Gale Online? Let's not forget Kirito's weapon of choice, btw
I believe it was just "Sword Art Online Season 2"
1 person using a sword doesn't change the fact it is still a VRMMORPG about guns
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 7:30:30 PM
At 12/1/2016 7:25:11 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:
1 person using a sword doesn't change the fact it is still a VRMMORPG about guns

yeah, but guns are cool man... I liked the fantasy and swordsmanship of SAO, but I also liked the steampunk, quick-fire action of GGO

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/1/2016 7:33:36 PM
At 12/1/2016 7:25:11 PM, Kirigaya-Kazuto wrote:

*also* While I didn't have a problem with this in SAO, they did do some stuff differently in GGO revolving around important characters. Sure, you met plenty of characters, but there were really only three characters that were important, and it wasn't a "boy and girl fight, become friends, fall in love, etc", but a "girl thinks boy is girl, becomes friends, finds out boy is boy, hates him, and eventually they become a team".

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2016 1:59:54 PM
Posted: 2 days ago
Well, I was asleep by 10:30 last night, and slept through my alarm for an hour, so I think I'm rested again. I should make an AMA about it

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2016 10:01:08 PM
Posted: 2 days ago
At 12/2/2016 1:59:54 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Well, I was asleep by 10:30 last night, and slept through my alarm for an hour, so I think I'm rested again. I should make an AMA about it

Ahem, honest opinion. You're basically spamming threads, that's even worse than the 2500 posts thingy.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2016 12:17:48 AM
Posted: 1 day ago
At 12/2/2016 10:01:08 PM, fire_wings wrote:

Ahem, honest opinion. You're basically spamming threads, that's even worse than the 2500 posts thingy.

You're a wing made of fire, and and that's rather awesome. I think it'll be fun to be around you on DDO as you get older, and hopefully we're not too bad of an influence on you ;3

http://www.debate.org...

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2016 12:22:07 AM
At 12/2/2016 10:09:47 PM, MattTheDreamer wrote:
What animes have you seen?

Cory in the House

(if you want real)
Attack on Titan
SAO
Mirai Nikki
Fullmetal Alchemist (original, not brotherhood)
I've seen some of HunterxHunter
Ald.Noah (I actually kinda like season 1, because it was about earth's side of the fight)
Tokyo Ghoul

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head that I've finished (save HxH)

Multiple times, though, I've started an anime and then never finished it

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2016 8:20:57 AM
At 12/4/2016 12:17:48 AM, Vaarka wrote:

You're a wing made of fire, and and that's rather awesome. I think it'll be fun to be around you on DDO as you get older, and hopefully we're not too bad of an influence on you ;3

I'm soon going to have a break on DDO, but hopefully I'll return.

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2016 2:26:05 PM
Posted: 22 hours ago
At 12/4/2016 8:20:57 AM, fire_wings wrote:

I hope so too

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2016 6:39:03 AM
Posted: 6 hours ago
At 12/4/2016 2:26:05 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 12/4/2016 8:20:57 AM, fire_wings wrote:

I hope so too

yeah