Jump to topic:

Something I never understood...

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 8:26:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The stereotype that black people like fried chicken and watermelon.

Who the hell doesn't like fried chicken and water melon?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
LoremIpsum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 8:28:46 PM
Most of my white friends hate watermelon and don't really care about fried chicken while literally all of my black friends go nuts over them. Don't forget about grape juice. :)
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 8:40:44 PM
I love both. Watermelon only with salt tho.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 8:43:31 PM
At 1/24/2011 8:26:53 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

Dave Chapelle: Live @ the Filmore

He was correct. If you don't like chicken and watermelon, something's wrong with you.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 8:52:47 PM

What I don't get is if a white guy loves fried chicken down here in Georgia people say it is because they are southern. If a black guy likes fried chicken in Georgia, it's because he's black. Where's the logic?
kfc
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 9:06:12 PM
At 1/24/2011 8:52:47 PM, Koopin wrote:

What I don't get is if a white guy loves fried chicken down here in Georgia people say it is because they are southern. If a black guy likes fried chicken in Georgia, it's because he's black. Where's the logic?

Hahaha!! Of course logic has nothing to do with this thread. I would venture to say that most people enjoy both of these foods. Stereotypes are stereotypes. I find it almost impossible to believe that black people are genetically predisposed to the enjoyment of eating chicken and watermelon. I enjoy both immensely, so either this stereotype is false, or I am black. Either way, who really cares! If I had to choose between giving up chicken, and affirming my whiteness, I'll take chicken all day.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 9:07:11 PM
At 1/24/2011 8:43:31 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:

Dave Chapelle: Live @ the Filmore

He was correct. If you don't like chicken and watermelon, something's wrong with you.

I'll have to look that up
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 9:07:47 PM
At 1/24/2011 9:06:12 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:

Hahaha!! Of course logic has nothing to do with this thread. I would venture to say that most people enjoy both of these foods. Stereotypes are stereotypes. I find it almost impossible to believe that black people are genetically predisposed to the enjoyment of eating chicken and watermelon. I enjoy both immensely, so either this stereotype is false, or I am black. Either way, who really cares! If I had to choose between giving up chicken, and affirming my whiteness, I'll take chicken all day.

Kfc
kfc
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 9:09:08 PM
At 1/24/2011 9:07:47 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 1/24/2011 9:06:12 PM, gavin.ogden wrote:

Kfc

Damn right, koopin!
ccstate4peat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 9:45:01 PM

Wait, you live in Georgia and don't religiously follow Chick-fil-a? I was just in Atlanta for two days and consumed 4 original sandwiches and 12 nuggets in two sittings. That stuff is like crack to me.
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 9:56:26 PM

I agree. You either like watermelons or you will die in vanity. Fried chicken however is a meh for me.
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 10:17:05 PM
At 1/24/2011 8:28:46 PM, LoremIpsum wrote:
Most of my white friends hate watermelon and don't really care about fried chicken while literally all of my black friends go nuts over them. Don't forget about grape juice. :)

Grape juice ? you mean grape drink...................
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 10:23:30 PM
At 1/24/2011 10:17:05 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 1/24/2011 8:28:46 PM, LoremIpsum wrote:

Grape juice ? you mean grape drink...................

"That's drink, nigga! That is drink!"
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 10:30:58 PM
I typically don't like watermelon but one day I was craving it. So I bought pre-prepared watermelon and chicken wings (I'm always craving chicken wings) at a grocery store during my lunch at work. I've never felt like more of a stereotype lmao
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2011 10:31:09 PM
Lol @ this thread...

My dad's side of the family lives in the South and is predominantly black (I'm the minority. Lol.) and whenever we get together in Atlanta for reunions, we eat fried chicken. My aunt makes the BEST fried chicken... Mmm... I now have a craving for it. Seriously though, I don't get the stereotype either. BUT, in the South, what else would you want to eat? Caviar? Pfft. No way. When I visit my family, I eat biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Fried chicken, grits, sweet potato pie, collard greens and ribs for lunch, dinner and snacks. Can't forget the barbecue either... It ain't healthy but damn it's good. ^_^
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 12:32:10 AM
It's easy to fritter away a chicken and a watermelon out of the massa's sight, that's all really.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 11:52:31 AM
At 1/24/2011 10:31:09 PM, annhasle wrote:
Lol @ this thread...

I eat biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Fried chicken, grits, sweet potato pie, collard greens and ribs...

Over here we dunk biscuits in our tea or eat them with a glass of milk – we never pour gravy over them.

http://www.jamieoliver.com...

Maybe I'm unadventurous but the seasoned juices from a joint of roast beef are not the ideal accompaniment to ginger snaps or shortbread rounds – and for breakfast too? My goodness!

And you eat grit? In Britain we spread grit icy roads to aid traction.

http://www.allpark.co.uk...

We would never think of eating it – you must have a very strong stomach!

By the way, if any non-Americans are wondering what 'collard' greens are, they are spring greens.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 12:10:08 PM
At 1/25/2011 11:52:31 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 1/24/2011 10:31:09 PM, annhasle wrote:
Lol @ this thread...

I eat biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Fried chicken, grits, sweet potato pie, collard greens and ribs...

Over here we dunk biscuits in our tea or eat them with a glass of milk – we never pour gravy over them.

I think you're talking about two different things lol I think ann is talking about more of a scone http://www.longorshortcapital.com...