Jump to topic:

No ranting on DDO

ruelariat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 6:17:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Okay, new idea! Nobody posts rants! It'll only make people pissed off or something. Does nobody see the reaccuring theme? Whenever somebody posts a rant everyone has something negative to say to the rantee (I invented a new word) and then the rantee gets mad and then they argue and it goes on and on...
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 6:19:47 PM
At 1/25/2011 6:17:44 PM, ruelariat wrote:
Okay, new idea! Nobody posts rants! It'll only make people pissed off or something. Does nobody see the reaccuring theme? Whenever somebody posts a rant everyone has something negative to say to the rantee (I invented a new word) and then the rantee gets mad and then they argue and it goes on and on...

Are you new to the internet?
ruelariat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 6:23:04 PM
At 1/25/2011 6:19:47 PM, zGodMode wrote:

No, sadly I am not. I just don't understand why people keep doing it when the same d*mn thing happens everytime.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 6:26:35 PM
At 1/25/2011 6:23:04 PM, ruelariat wrote:

No, sadly I am not. I just don't understand why people keep doing it when the same damn thing happens everytime.

since when has damn become a swear word?

Also you are being hypocritical
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 6:29:27 PM
At 1/25/2011 6:26:35 PM, askbob wrote:

since when has damn become a swear word?

Also you are being hypocritical
You posted and lost the game.

tut tut tut ;P
'sup DDO -- july 2013
HatedeatH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 6:30:10 PM
You're no fun. :( I just posted a rant earlier.
vardas0antras: If Muhammad is great then why didn't he stop 911 ?
gavin.ogden: He was too busy starting it.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 6:33:33 PM
-.-

wow...
...you see that wont work. How much fun would this place be without rants anyway?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 6:34:02 PM

Are you new to the english language? Rantee is the RECIPIENT of a rant. you want the word "ranter."
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Grape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 6:53:51 PM
...and then they argue and it goes on and on...

Wouldn't it be awful if that happened here, on Debate.org?
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 7:26:31 PM
At 1/25/2011 6:53:51 PM, Grape wrote:

WIN!
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2011 7:27:43 PM
At 1/25/2011 6:53:51 PM, Grape wrote:

Yeah remember when I used to post this http://allthingsordinary.se... . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 4:11:27 PM
Okay, new idea! Nobody posts rants! It'll only make people pissed off or something. Does nobody see the reaccuring theme? Whenever somebody posts a rant everyone has something negative to say to the rantee (I invented a new word) and then the rantee gets mad and then they argue and it goes on and on...:

How do you propose to debate without argument?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 4:46:42 PM
What is this Soviet DDO? Ranting is great. Well, not the Charlesb sort of solo bloviation - unless we properly destroy his rant. What's wrong with a rant? I'm ranting now you just can't hear me. Who are you to tell any of us we can't rant. Seriously who are you?!

Listen you little turd, we'll rant and rave until there's nothing left inside us to rant about, and then we'll rant some more just for the fun of it. We'll rant until there's nothing left but a bunch of senseless indignations signifying our moral outrage over the price of sugar.

*excuse the "little turd" comment, as it was only rhetorical flourish*
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 4:48:52 PM
At 1/26/2011 4:46:42 PM, innomen wrote:
What is this Soviet DDO? Ranting is great. Well, not the Charlesb sort of solo bloviation - unless we properly destroy his rant. What's wrong with a rant? I'm ranting now you just can't hear me. Who are you to tell any of us we can't rant. Seriously who are you?!

Listen you little turd, we'll rant and rave until there's nothing left inside us to rant about, and then we'll rant some more just for the fun of it. We'll rant until there's nothing left but a bunch of senseless indignations signifying our moral outrage over the price of sugar.

*excuse the "little turd" comment, as it was only rhetorical flourish*

Go get him inno ! ! !
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 4:51:02 PM
Listen you little turd, we'll rant and rave until there's nothing left inside us to rant about, and then we'll rant some more just for the fun of it. We'll rant until there's nothing left but a bunch of senseless indignations signifying our moral outrage over the price of sugar.:

YARGH!!!! Innomen for President 2012!!!

*excuse the "little turd" comment, as it was only rhetorical flourish*:

Awwwwwww, man.... he was just making a philosophical argument. :(
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
ruelariat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2011 10:31:14 PM
Sure rants are fun until someone starts getting angry. At the time I thought I was making a statement, but now I do see it is a rant and apologize for being hypocrytical. Oh, well. I said what I wanted to say. You said what you wanted to say. Life goes on. I'm going to eat a taco now. Also, I fail at english and grammer to whoever said something about my choice of words. I can't spell onomanotopoeia or pronounce it.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 6:29:28 AM

Ha, ha, ha! Like the pithy jibe!

I know what the OP means, though, it's not nice when you get too much acrimony, but this is a debate site and debates are by their very nature controversial.

Sometimes I rant about stuff I don't really believe, just to provoke a debate: I admit to being a borderline troll in that respect.

Just to be clear, then: I'm not anti-Semitic; I don't hate the fat; I'm not a homophobe, but I genuinely do hate the dirty, cheating, one-trick pony Real Madrid pretty-boy striker Cristiano Ronaldo!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
resolutionsmasher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 1:43:02 PM
The fun thing about a rant on this site is that if you don't like what you see, you can just LOOK ELSEWHERE!!!!!
In the relationship between Obama and the rest of the U.S..... I think the U.S. is getting the short end of the hockey stick.
Sky_ace25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2011 7:37:23 PM
Congratulations, you have made a discussion that is counter-productive to your goal of removing ranting.
Seriously, Pluto is no longer a planet?
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2011 1:53:45 AM
At 1/27/2011 10:37:39 PM, TheAtheistAllegiance wrote:
At 1/25/2011 6:30:10 PM, HatedeatH wrote:
You're no fun. :( I just posted a rant earlier.

Where? I wanna see it.

It was a tiny rant against charles writeanessayonhowthesnowisacapitalistclibertariaconspiray dude
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave