DDO Fans Site is back in business

askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 4:22:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://ddomafia.com...

The Fans site is sporting a ton of great new features thanks to me being able to access the server.

A list of features includes:

* Personal Blogs - For anyone

* Rating System - For Posts, Pages, Comments

* Integrated Site Chat - Way better than before, facebook style

* A weekly "Here's what you missed" column - concise updates on what happened in the past week

* Audio/Video/Image Embedding - Youtube, mp3 links, uploaded photos, etc.

* Forums and Groups - this is really an unwanted bit that came along in one of the plugin packs that I can't remove, but it's nice to know it's there.

* Profiles - Add info about yourself

* Private Messages - A better PM system than last time.

The DDOWiki is back online and needs to be built up by members. Some features include:

* Ability to Embed YouTube videos

* Sitewide Chat - to discuss goings on in real time between editors

* Spam prevention via CAPTCHAs

* <ref> </ref> tags and footnotes

* Parser Functions - for Sidebars

* Terminology Handling - Can define acronyms and can have a bubble appear over the acronyms throughout the site explaining what they stand for.
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Me -haha you apparently don't know my history
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Me - i was being completely sarcastic
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 4:28:07 PM
I might be totally brain farting right now, but this is a wiki for the entire site, DDO? Or just for the mafia games?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 4:34:29 PM
At 2/7/2011 4:28:07 PM, OreEle wrote:
I might be totally brain farting right now, but this is a wiki for the entire site, DDO? Or just for the mafia games?

It will encompass the entirety of DDO
Me -Phil left the site in my charge. I have a recorded phone conversation to prove it.
kohai -If you're the owner, then do something useful like ip block him and get us away from juggle and on a dofferent host!
Kohai - Maybe not, but that doesn't matter! You shoukd still listen to your community and quit being a tyrrant!
Kohai - then u misrepresented yourself by impersonating the owner—a violation of the tos
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 5:07:52 PM
Also notifications for PMs on the fans site are instant
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2011 10:45:27 PM

The URL is a temporary thing. I registered DDOmafia first as part of my original mafia ladder project. I've since registered DDOpedia, but we haven't switched it over to that yet.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 3:02:02 PM
At 2/7/2011 4:34:29 PM, askbob wrote:

So not at the present but it will in the future?
'sup DDO -- july 2013
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 3:11:40 PM
At 2/8/2011 3:02:02 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 2/7/2011 4:34:29 PM, askbob wrote:

So not at the present but it will in the future?

It will once we fill it up. Right now it encompasses nothing except the few pages we've wrote.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 3:26:56 PM
I'm having the issue that after I log in, if I go to look at a new page, I get logged out.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 3:38:12 PM
At 2/8/2011 3:26:56 PM, OreEle wrote:
I'm having the issue that after I log in, if I go to look at a new page, I get logged out.

Is this on the fans site or wiki?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 3:41:10 PM
At 2/8/2011 3:38:12 PM, askbob wrote:
At 2/8/2011 3:26:56 PM, OreEle wrote:

Is this on the fans site or wiki?

ddomafia
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 3:43:11 PM
click the "remember me" button and see if this fixes the problem

I haven't noticed it personally for myself but this may fix the issue. Also do you have any addons onto your browser that interfere with cookies?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 3:48:02 PM
At 2/8/2011 3:43:11 PM, askbob wrote:

I haven't noticed it personally for myself but this may fix the issue. Also do you have any addons onto your browser that interfere with cookies?

I've tried with the remember me. It might be the addons or cookies, since this is a work computer, I can't go messing with those.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 3:51:42 PM
At 2/8/2011 3:48:02 PM, OreEle wrote:

I've tried with the remember me. It might be the addons or cookies, since this is a work computer, I can't go messing with those.

The only reason I can think of is that it has to do something with your personal computers settings against allowing third party cookies because both my account and a test account I made work fine with both the wiki and the fans site.

See if you can add the site to your trusted sites/change the internet settings regarding privacy to be lessened. Otherwise I don't know what else to tell you besides that I can't really change anything on this end and I don't think it's an issue regarding the site itself. But please let me know what browser and OS you are using.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 3:54:13 PM
At 2/8/2011 3:51:42 PM, askbob wrote:

The only reason I can think of is that it has to do something with your personal computers settings against allowing third party cookies because both my account and a test account I made work fine with both the wiki and the fans site.

See if you can add the site to your trusted sites/change the internet settings regarding privacy to be lessened. Otherwise I don't know what else to tell you besides that I can't really change anything on this end and I don't think it's an issue regarding the site itself. But please let me know what browser and OS you are using.

XP
IE 2007
Security is set to medium high
Privacy set to medium
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 3:55:04 PM
At 2/8/2011 3:54:13 PM, OreEle wrote:

XP
IE 2007
Privacy set to medium

I have IE 2008 let me test it
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 3:55:26 PM

XP
IE 2007
Privacy set to medium

Can't add to trusted sites, I can only add https:// while this is only http://
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 3:57:41 PM
At 2/8/2011 3:55:04 PM, askbob wrote:

XP
IE 2007
Privacy set to medium

I have IE 2008 let me test it

correction, I am on IE8, I thought that it was like word and excel that go by the year 2007.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 3:59:04 PM
kk tested it and it still works fine on ddomafia.com

When you are saying it logs out when you visit other pages, you mean other pages on the site and not other webpages
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 4:00:46 PM
Check out the new Main page for the wiki. What do you guys think?

I have some homework to rush for tomorrow - over and out.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 4:03:13 PM
At 2/8/2011 4:00:46 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
Check out the new Main page for the wiki. What do you guys think?

I have some homework to rush for tomorrow - over and out.

that shitt is cash Zets, that looks great
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 4:22:17 PM
At 2/8/2011 3:59:04 PM, askbob wrote:
kk tested it and it still works fine on ddomafia.com

When you are saying it logs out when you visit other pages, you mean other pages on the site and not other webpages

Actually, it doesn't let me log in at all.

When I enter my username/password, it reloads the home page and still shows the "please login" thing on the right. It doesn't tell me that I entered an invalid password. I did try using just random letters and numbers to enter an incorrect password (just to make sure it did something different).
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 4:27:19 PM
It's not saying that you registered on the site's database.

Have you activated your account via email?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 4:45:11 PM
At 2/8/2011 4:27:19 PM, askbob wrote:

I was never sent an email, but I did sign up (I remember thinking that it was cool that it managed to pull my Wolf Avatar picture). If I try to resign up, it says that my user name is already taken.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 4:47:39 PM
At 2/8/2011 4:45:11 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 2/8/2011 4:27:19 PM, askbob wrote:

I was never sent an email, but I did sign up (I remember thinking that it was cool that it managed to pull my Wolf Avatar picture). If I try to resign up, it says that my user name is already taken.

checking out the problem now
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 4:48:26 PM
Also both of you should check in your spam folders that you set your email address as.
askbob
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 4:49:13 PM
I know it wouldn't let my test account log in until I had clicked the verify link via email. The verification email was sent to my junkbox on gmail.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 4:50:28 PM
At 2/8/2011 4:48:26 PM, askbob wrote:
Also both of you should check in your spam folders that you set your email address as.

Already did
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2011 4:51:29 PM
It keeps telling me "invalid username/password," even though I've tried to log in about 10 times and I'm certain I've entered it correctly. We're supposed to log in with our email address, right?