Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Libyan Uprising

I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2011 4:47:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Gaddafi is a f*cking nutjob. Hes bombing his own cities and shooting his own people with mercenaries. He's now claiming his soldiers were acting in self-defense against junkies and Al-Qaeda terrorists, and that his fall will spell a divided Libya.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...

However, what is the way forward. Foreign intervention? Use the army to form an interim government? I don't predict Gaddafi will survive for much longer, so what's your take on it?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2011 4:53:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/1/2011 4:51:03 PM, badger wrote:
we should film it and put it in movies!

nah.. it'd probably make for a sh1tty movie by today's standards.. it's made the news enjoyable though :)
signature
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2011 7:42:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The one thing Libyans do not want is foreign soldiers on their territory. I've heard pretty much all interviewees that have been asked say the same thing. Some wouldn't mind air bombings by Western countries against Gadhafi targets, most love all the sanctions and finger-wagging, but they do not want foreign soldiers in their streets. They're already PO'd that all the African mercenaries Gadhafi hired are there.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2011 7:43:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/1/2011 7:42:10 PM, Volkov wrote:
The one thing Libyans do not want is foreign soldiers on their territory. I've heard pretty much all interviewees that have been asked say the same thing. Some wouldn't mind air bombings by Western countries against Gadhafi targets, most love all the sanctions and finger-wagging, but they do not want foreign soldiers in their streets. They're already PO'd that all the African mercenaries Gadhafi hired are there.:

Looks like they're handling the mercenary situation well.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2011 7:45:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/1/2011 7:43:59 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 3/1/2011 7:42:10 PM, Volkov wrote:
The one thing Libyans do not want is foreign soldiers on their territory. I've heard pretty much all interviewees that have been asked say the same thing. Some wouldn't mind air bombings by Western countries against Gadhafi targets, most love all the sanctions and finger-wagging, but they do not want foreign soldiers in their streets. They're already PO'd that all the African mercenaries Gadhafi hired are there.:

Looks like they're handling the mercenary situation well.



Ouch.
TheAtheistAllegiance
Posts: 1,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2011 10:35:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/1/2011 7:42:10 PM, Volkov wrote:
The one thing Libyans do not want is foreign soldiers on their territory. I've heard pretty much all interviewees that have been asked say the same thing. Some wouldn't mind air bombings by Western countries against Gadhafi targets, most love all the sanctions and finger-wagging, but they do not want foreign soldiers in their streets. They're already PO'd that all the African mercenaries Gadhafi hired are there.

Yeah, the very last thing NATO needs to do is engage an infantry invasion..
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2011 10:44:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/1/2011 10:41:23 PM, TheAtheistAllegiance wrote:
Also, is it just me, or does RussiaToday spend more time bashing the "Imperialist USA" than reporting what's actually going on?

lol, it's like the cold war never ended.
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2011 10:51:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I doubt that the US will send in troops but they will most likely set up a No-Fly zone, if they have not done so already. Because the US must be involved somehow!

I'm also concerned with Bahrain at the moment. There are revolts happening as well, and even though it is a tiny island -- the US has their permanent Naval base with 5th Naval Fleet there, in the Persian Gulf (I think).
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
democrat435
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2011 2:31:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
If the US and UK want to inflict a no-fly zone it will be basically just telling the libyans not to fly thier aircraft int thier own air space and the only way to inflict this will be to bomb the libyan air defences!
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2011 2:58:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/7/2011 2:31:02 AM, democrat435 wrote:
If the US and UK want to inflict a no-fly zone it will be basically just telling the libyans not to fly thier aircraft int thier own air space and the only way to inflict this will be to bomb the libyan air defences!

Basically. A no fly zone would be an air strike.

======================================================

The Libyan Loyalists Won
The Libyan Loyalists Won
The Libyan Loyalists Won
The Libyan Loyalists Won
'sup DDO -- july 2013
david567
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 11:26:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yeah, Gadaffi is using mercenaries to kill innocent people and continuous air strikes all over his country. He's a crazy idiot, someone needs to knock some sense in to him.
Religious but not spiritual : )
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2011 11:31:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/15/2011 11:26:55 AM, david567 wrote:
Yeah, Gadaffi is using mercenaries to kill innocent people and continuous air strikes all over his country. He's a crazy idiot, someone needs to knock some sense in to him.

I'd say someone needs to knock his brains out of him, preferably by use of a bullet.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 8:34:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/14/2011 2:58:52 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 3/7/2011 2:31:02 AM, democrat435 wrote:
If the US and UK want to inflict a no-fly zone it will be basically just telling the libyans not to fly thier aircraft int thier own air space and the only way to inflict this will be to bomb the libyan air defences!

Basically. A no fly zone would be an air strike.

======================================================

The Libyan Loyalists Won
The Libyan Loyalists Won
The Libyan Loyalists Won
The Libyan Loyalists Won

Nope.

No-fly zone has been implemented, the U.S., France and U.K. are willing to begin air strikes to protect Benghazi, and Muamar has declared a ceasefire.

http://www.irishtimes.com...
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2011 2:23:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 3/18/2011 8:34:27 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 3/14/2011 2:58:52 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
At 3/7/2011 2:31:02 AM, democrat435 wrote:
If the US and UK want to inflict a no-fly zone it will be basically just telling the libyans not to fly thier aircraft int thier own air space and the only way to inflict this will be to bomb the libyan air defences!

Basically. A no fly zone would be an air strike.

======================================================

The Libyan Loyalists Won
The Libyan Loyalists Won
The Libyan Loyalists Won
The Libyan Loyalists Won

Nope.

No-fly zone has been implemented, the U.S., France and U.K. are willing to begin air strikes to protect Benghazi, and Muamar has declared a ceasefire.

http://www.irishtimes.com...

Although the air-strike is in place, should anyone be surprised Gadhafi isn't doing what he claims he is? Ceasefire. Ha.

http://www.cnn.com...
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.