Jump to topic:

TSA Frisks 6-year-old

SuzzaneO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 9:36:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
TSA agents were taped frisking a 6-year-old, rubbing her inner thighs and fingering the inside of her belt loop as part of their regulated search mandates. Should TSA really be allowed to frisk young children like this? I'd lose it if I saw someone touch my child like this.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 10:54:04 AM
Riddle me this, would you prefer some 6 year old somewhere became a martyr?

You can always drive the 6 year old where you want to go if you dislike it.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 10:56:21 AM
Ya but you are more likely to have a wreck than die in a plane crash. With or without the TSA frisking those home grown kid terrorists.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 12:21:02 PM
I don't look at this as safety vs. human rights, I look at this as a problem that probably wouldn't exist in the first place if we weren't f*cking things up so badly at the present time. I don't believe in catch-22 situations, because they only seem to arise after we've made a mistake.
kfc
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 12:23:39 PM
At 4/13/2011 9:36:37 AM, SuzzaneO wrote:
TSA agents were taped frisking a 6-year-old, rubbing her inner thighs and fingering the inside of her belt loop as part of their regulated search mandates. Should TSA really be allowed to frisk young children like this? I'd lose it if I saw someone touch my child like this.

OMG they're treating everyone equally (in this instance), how dare they!
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 2:08:37 PM
It would be illegal for schools to do this to children, so why are TSA agents allowed to?

TSA has banned children from flights because they have the same name as someone on a 'watch list.' The ludicrousness of all this is beyond the pale. If the terrorists aimed to 'take away our freedom' as has often been said, then Dubya and others responsible for instilling these draconian measures have helped the terrorists succeed.

I am very tempted to follow suit with the Speedo protesters the next time I fly anywhere.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 3:55:18 PM
At 4/13/2011 12:23:39 PM, OreEle wrote:

so if you'd a 6 year old daughter you'd let those dudes touch her up?
signature
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 4:13:18 PM
At 4/13/2011 3:55:18 PM, badger wrote:

If it is okay to do a "pat down" on your wife, than the exact same "pat down" is okay on a child.

The problem should be on the "pat down" itself, not that it was done on a child.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 4:19:15 PM
At 4/13/2011 4:13:18 PM, OreEle wrote:

If it is okay to do a "pat down" on your wife, than the exact same "pat down" is okay on a child.

The problem should be on the "pat down" itself, not that it was done on a child.

nope.. it disgusts me infinitely more that it'd be done to a child..
signature
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 4:22:42 PM
At 4/13/2011 4:19:15 PM, badger wrote:

A "pat down" is not sexual.

When I was 11, I had to have a doctor grab my nuts and ask me to cough. I'm sure there is something just as bad for girls if they want to play sports. That is worse than some guy patting her upper leg.

Now if the guy is doing that and lightly moaning with his eyes rolling back into his head, than it becomes a problem, since there is indication that it has become sexual. Just like if a doctor started moaning while performing a physical for a child.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 4:43:10 PM
At 4/13/2011 4:22:42 PM, OreEle wrote:

When I was 11, I had to have a doctor grab my nuts and ask me to cough. I'm sure there is something just as bad for girls if they want to play sports. That is worse than some guy patting her upper leg.

Now if the guy is doing that and lightly moaning with his eyes rolling back into his head, than it becomes a problem, since there is indication that it has become sexual. Just like if a doctor started moaning while performing a physical for a child.

Question: I'm assuming that you're just rebutting the special case of children, rather than actually supporting the TSA wholesale, right?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 4:49:37 PM
At 4/13/2011 4:43:10 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

Question: I'm assuming that you're just rebutting the special case of children, rather than actually supporting the TSA wholesale, right?

in this case, yes. If we want to talk about the TSA as awhole, that would be a different topic. I'm only saying that the kids, here, should not be getting special treatment.

Or, more accurately, the TSA should not be demonized for not giving special treatment. If you want to demonize them, do it for something else.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 4:49:44 PM

maybe it's just you americans who're fvcked up.. we're like the sportiest nation in the world and we don't gotta have our balls grabbed before partaking...

rubbing the inside of a 6 year old's thighs sounds disgusting to me.. i'd kill the fella who did it or die trying.. i wouldn't be so pushed if it was my wife.. he might get a dig if he was cheeky about it..
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 4:50:45 PM
i'll demonize them for the child molestation thank you very much.. what else you got though? who're the tsa? lol
signature
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 4:51:26 PM
At 4/13/2011 4:49:37 PM, OreEle wrote:

in this case, yes. If we want to talk about the TSA as awhole, that would be a different topic. I'm only saying that the kids, here, should not be getting special treatment.

Or, more accurately, the TSA should not be demonized for not giving special treatment. If you want to demonize them, do it for something else.

If the TSA only hired hot chicks, I'd be happy to let them grope my son. I'd be all like "GET IT PLAYA".
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 4:51:32 PM
At 4/13/2011 4:49:44 PM, badger wrote:

maybe it's just you americans who're fvcked up.. we're like the sportiest nation in the world and we don't gotta have our balls grabbed before partaking...

i suppose we might just be sick of it after all those priests though lol

rubbing the inside of a 6 year old's thighs sounds disgusting to me.. i'd kill the fella who did it or die trying.. i wouldn't be so pushed if it was my wife.. he might get a dig if he was cheeky about it..
signature
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 4:52:07 PM
At 4/13/2011 4:51:26 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

If the TSA only hired hot chicks, I'd be happy to let them grope my son. I'd be all like "GET IT PLAYA".

This goes double for if my wife and I were traveling.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 4:52:49 PM
At 4/13/2011 4:51:26 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

yeah that'd be ok.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 4:53:49 PM
At 4/13/2011 4:52:07 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

i'd travel every day lol
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 4:54:35 PM
At 4/13/2011 4:53:49 PM, badger wrote:

i'd travel every day lol

with my wife i mean.. though i'd like some alone time with the hot chicks too..
signature
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 5:09:59 PM

i'd travel every day lol

And dress like a terrorist? lol.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2011 5:11:53 PM
At 4/13/2011 5:11:05 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 4/13/2011 5:09:59 PM, OreEle wrote:

i'd travel every day lol

And dress like a terrorist? lol.

Or just go naked.

cavity search! woo!
signature
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 2:00:32 AM
At 4/13/2011 10:56:21 AM, lewis20 wrote:
Ya but you are more likely to have a wreck than die in a plane crash.
True. A wreck, on the other hand, doesn't knock skyscrapers down.

With or without the TSA frisking those home grown kid terrorists.
I should clarify, the risk is that the parent gives the kids bombs, not that the kids have bombinb skills.

It would be illegal for schools to do this to children, so why are TSA agents allowed to?
A kid doesn't have to deal with TSA agents 5 days a week, parents are in the room, other agents are in the room? schools don't knock skyscrapers down?

the crap badger said
What's your position on diaper changes?

The day the AIRLINE complains about the conditions required to get aboard an airplane is the day the TSA should leave that airline's passengers alone-- right after creating strict liability for the airline if its airplane gets hijacked.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 6:43:21 AM
At 4/13/2011 2:08:37 PM, PervRat wrote:

TSA has banned children from flights because they have the same name as someone on a 'watch list.' The ludicrousness of all this is beyond the pale. If the terrorists aimed to 'take away our freedom' as has often been said, then Dubya and others responsible for instilling these draconian measures have helped the terrorists succeed.

Wait, Dubya? And our current president is... Obama. Nope, he had nothing to do with the TSA. Nothing at all. Of course.
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 9:37:48 AM
At 4/14/2011 6:43:21 AM, mongeese wrote:

Wait, Dubya? And our current president is... Obama. Nope, he had nothing to do with the TSA. Nothing at all. Of course.

You know you love Obama.
kfc
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 12:20:54 PM
At 4/14/2011 6:43:21 AM, mongeese wrote:

Reading comprehension fail. He said "Dubya and others responsible..." meaning he's not letting Obama off the hook. Further, he was talking about measures outside of the TSA (obvious) -- most likely Dubya's NSA warrantless surveillance controversy, the Patriot Act, etc.
President of DDO
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2011 12:30:43 PM
TSA agents were taped frisking a 6-year-old, rubbing her inner thighs and fingering the inside of her belt loop as part of their regulated search mandates. Should TSA really be allowed to frisk young children like this? I'd lose it if I saw someone touch my child like this.:

The TSA is getting even more ridiculous as of late with body scanners and frisking little girls.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)