Jump to topic:

Fox or MSNBC.. who takes the cake..

JohnJohnSHTOOKAH
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 10:53:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Two great epitomes of yellow journalism in my opinion. I personally don't no which is more of a pathetic excuse for news. A crazed right wing network that claims to be "fair & balanced". Or a pathetic excuse of a liberal news channel that CONSTANTLY AIRS A SHOW ABOUT PRISONS. (I know that's random but it annoys the sh*t outta me..) I guess if your a right winger you would think fox quote "presents both sides". Annnnnnd If your a left winger who hates freedom as much as I do than you'll find FNC to be quite entertaining. Plus If you think about it, MSNBC can't manipulate worth jack in comparison to fox. So keeping this all in mind, which is more pathetic. A reactionary network that has the ability to create rhetoric and propaganda on a national scale?? Or a neo-liberal network that somehow finds away to be less informative than the daily show..
Ska > Whatever your favorite genre of music is
Hardcore-Racist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 11:39:10 AM
At 6/6/2011 10:53:59 AM, JohnJohnSHTOOKAH wrote:
Two great epitomes of yellow journalism in my opinion. I personally don't no which is more of a pathetic excuse for news. A crazed right wing network that claims to be "fair & balanced". Or a pathetic excuse of a liberal news channel that CONSTANTLY AIRS A SHOW ABOUT PRISONS. (I know that's random but it annoys the sh*t outta me..) I guess if your a right winger you would think fox quote "presents both sides". Annnnnnd If your a left winger who hates freedom as much as I do than you'll find FNC to be quite entertaining. Plus If you think about it, MSNBC can't manipulate worth jack in comparison to fox. So keeping this all in mind, which is more pathetic. A reactionary network that has the ability to create rhetoric and propaganda on a national scale?? Or a neo-liberal network that somehow finds away to be less informative than the daily show..

I personally like Fox News a bit more, because I notice that conservatives are more likely to be pro-white than liberals are. Also, Glenn Beck and Bill O Reilly have said some things that have made me proud.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2011 12:03:01 PM
At 6/6/2011 11:49:45 AM, darkkermit wrote:
Example of the left-winged media at its best.

Also Roy did a great debated that showed the mainstream media has a liberal bias
http://www.debate.org...

All the more reason for term limits so the media can be less easily bought with our tax dollars through special favors.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2011 3:48:42 PM
At 6/6/2011 11:49:45 AM, darkkermit wrote:
Example of the left-winged media at its best.

Haha I love the irony of this... you criticizing the media for their bias, when this is the most biased and BS anecdotal "evidence" ever. It says, "But we wanted to know what Obama voters actually know about the campaign - So on Election Day we talked to the most informed Obama voters we could find - We interviewed a dozen Obama voters to see what they learned from the media coverage of the campaign." Hahaha so a dozen random people represents the "most informed" Obama voters they could find? Then the questions they asked were "What do you think of Barney Frank" Right, because the point of media coverage of OBAMA'S campaign is Barney Frank. Lol. It's hilarious how this is supposed to mean anything when Palin, a candidate herself appeared dumb as a rock - not her supporters. And speaking of dumb Palin supporters, they're super easy to find. Same with supporters of oh I dunno -- just about anybody. Here are some clips of PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR PALIN BEING JUST AS CLUELESS. Wow this proves so much...
President of DDO
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2011 4:33:52 PM
Cenk Uygur and Rachel Maddow are the worst.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 9:34:02 PM
Fox is clearly much better, because the actually have opposing viewpoints. True, leftists do not get equal time, but they do get some time. MSNBC so rarely has a differing viewpoint, it's unlikely you'll ever encounter one. When Jon Stewart slams Fox, he carves exception for Chris Wallace, Bill O'Reilly, and Sheppard Smith. Greta Van Susteren (who came from CNN) seems to me to be reasonable, although she doesn't do political stories as much as crime and human interest stuff. That leaves Beck and Hannity. Beck is gone. Beck was too much of a conspiracy theorist, but he did do some interesting research. I don't care for Hannity because he is so perfectly predictable; he doesn't provide much in the way of new insights -- the problem with all of MSNBC.

Fox's straight news is usually well-balanced. They always try to get a Republican and a Democrat to talk about politics. The now-departed Congressman Weiner was often featured. An impartial journalism school analysis showed Fox hard news to be one of the two most balanced sources. The other was the PBS Jim Lehrer news program. I agree. PBS overall is Leftist heaven, but Lehrer does well.

For riveting excitement, C-SPAN2 is the best.