Jump to topic:

Understand Casey Anthony

RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 10:05:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
There are people on the site that have never met either a sociopath or a person who is bipolar. I've only encountered four people with either problem in a long lifetime, and it's clear that mot of the TV pundits have gotten through life with recognizing either.

A sociopath views the world solely as a mechanism for fulfilling their wants. They are generally charming and quite likable, because manipulation of others is a good mechanism for getting what they want. They lie with complete ease. A lie is to them no more remarkable than taking a drink of water is to the rest of us. I believe they could pass any lie detector test, because lying does not bother a sociopath on any level.

Bipolar disorder is, I think, more common than being a sociopath, and a person can be bipolar without being a sociopath. Bipolar people are often intelligent and competent at what they do. Most of the time they are cheerful and fun to be around. From time-to-time something sets them off, and they fly into a rage or a fit of depression. Richard Nixon was bipolar; Alan Greenspan was invited to join the Nixon Administration but, Greenspan wrote in his book, he saw Nixon flip out in a meeting -- Greenspan exited fast.

Casey Anthony shows every sign of being both a sociopath and bipolar. Why would she go out partying after he child died? A profession psychologist explained it as the manic elated phase of bipolar disorder. I cannot think of any other explanation.

Recall Casey Anthony's phone call to her mother from jail. By all accounts she knew her child was dead at the time. The phone call was all about how unreasonable it was that people were pressing her for details, when she couldn't do anything to look for the child because she was locked up. Casey was worried about Casey, and nothing else, and she lied with complete ease. That's a sociopath.

We know that someone in that household was responsible for Caley's death. That follows from the duct tape being traced to the house. There was only one bipolar sociopath living there. Problem solved. I think it's likely Casey Anthony will kill again, unless she gets some treatment, and it's not likely Casey will allow herself to be treated.

Anyway, if you have never met the bipolar or sociopath types, be aware.
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 10:20:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/6/2011 10:05:27 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
I've only encountered four people with either problem in a long lifetime, and it's clear that mot of the TV pundits have gotten through life without encountering a mirror.

Fix'd. Sorry couldn't resist.

A sociopath views the world solely as a mechanism for fulfilling their wants. They are generally charming and quite likable, because manipulation of others is a good mechanism for getting what they want. They lie with complete ease. A lie is to them no more remarkable than taking a drink of water is to the rest of us. I believe they could pass any lie detector test, because lying does not bother a sociopath on any level.

Bipolar disorder is, I think, more common than being a sociopath, and a person can be bipolar without being a sociopath. Bipolar people are often intelligent and competent at what they do. Most of the time they are cheerful and fun to be around. From time-to-time something sets them off, and they fly into a rage or a fit of depression. Richard Nixon was bipolar; Alan Greenspan was invited to join the Nixon Administration but, Greenspan wrote in his book, he saw Nixon flip out in a meeting -- Greenspan exited fast.

Casey Anthony shows every sign of being both a sociopath and bipolar. Why would she go out partying after he child died? A profession psychologist explained it as the manic elated phase of bipolar disorder. I cannot think of any other explanation.

Recall Casey Anthony's phone call to her mother from jail. By all accounts she knew her child was dead at the time. The phone call was all about how unreasonable it was that people were pressing her for details, when she couldn't do anything to look for the child because she was locked up. Casey was worried about Casey, and nothing else, and she lied with complete ease. That's a sociopath.

We know that someone in that household was responsible for Caley's death. That follows from the duct tape being traced to the house. There was only one bipolar sociopath living there. Problem solved. I think it's likely Casey Anthony will kill again, unless she gets some treatment, and it's not likely Casey will allow herself to be treated.

Anyway, if you have never met the bipolar or sociopath types, be aware.

Although in all seriousness, this view is probably completely correct. Psychopathy afflicts about 1% of the population. Bipolar disorder is similarly common. If anything, America should expect this kind of situation on a weekly basis. Its likely that worse or more outrageous events transpire regularly. I'm shocked it got so focused.
Things that are so interesting:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...