Jump to topic:

Norway? Seriously?

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 3:08:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Who actually attacks Norway, I mean what could your possible beef be with Norway. I like what Doug McIntyre said, " they're like the Sara-Lee of nations, nobody doesn't like Norway".
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 3:11:50 PM
Nobody wants their land, it's like switzerland. You're just better off leaving them be.
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

-tournament debate, need votes
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 3:13:13 PM
http://www.couriermail.com.au...

It was political. People always hate politics. Hate makes you do stupid things, and politics makes you do stupid things. So mixing the two is not going to come out as a double negative full of love.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 3:15:11 PM
At 7/22/2011 3:13:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

It was political.

Wow, a bombing was political?

That's sort of like saying a meal was edible.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 3:15:49 PM
And the fact that you have a government is proof that someone doesn't like you.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 3:17:03 PM
At 7/22/2011 3:13:13 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

It was political. People always hate politics. Hate makes you do stupid things, and politics makes you do stupid things. So mixing the two is not going to come out as a double negative full of love.

Stupid politics...how I love thee.
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

-tournament debate, need votes
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 3:27:32 PM
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe. What possible gains could you make by attacking Norway.

"It was not immediately known who was behind the bombing, but Norway's intelligence police agency (PST) said in February that Islamic extremism was a major threat to the country.

Islamic extremism is "our main priority and our main concern," PST chief Janne Kristiansen said at the time, while presenting the agency's annual risk assessment report.

The report said: "Although few people in Norway support Islamic extremism, there are activities within some groups that could contribute to heightening the security risk in 2011."
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 3:30:24 PM
At 7/22/2011 3:27:32 PM, innomen wrote:
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe. What possible gains could you make by attacking Norway.
Gains? Why do you need gains to b**** slap a decadent westerner?
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 3:52:49 PM
At 7/22/2011 3:34:27 PM, innomen wrote:
You know what's in Norway? Snow, Trees, fish and lefties - how is that so different than Canada?

Europe is just lefty in general. America's the most conservative developed nation, which is why Canada seems so leftist, but Canada's likely centralist compared to the rest of Europe.
Open borders debate:
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 4:17:58 PM
At 7/22/2011 3:52:49 PM, darkkermit wrote:
You know what's in Norway? Snow, Trees, fish and lefties - how is that so different than Canada?

Europe is just lefty in general. America's the most conservative developed nation, which is why Canada seems so leftist, but Canada's likely centralist compared to the rest of Europe.

Yeah, but don't tell the Canadians.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 4:40:35 PM
At 7/22/2011 3:08:23 PM, innomen wrote:
Who actually attacks Norway, I mean what could your possible beef be with Norway. I like what Doug McIntyre said, " they're like the Sara-Lee of nations, nobody doesn't like Norway".:

Norway, like many European nations, have a very high rate of Muslim immigrants. A few of them are bound to be extremists, and because of it, there have been many native native/immigrant tensions over the years. Secondly, the Wahhabists will only be satisfied until the whole world converts to Wahhabi Islam.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 5:26:48 PM
At 7/22/2011 5:01:45 PM, tudaloo wrote:
Who would of thought Norway of all places.:

Norweigans.

Please remember how inept and insular the US media is. They don't cover what's going on abroad unless a lot of people die.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 10:47:02 PM
At 7/22/2011 4:40:35 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Who actually attacks Norway, I mean what could your possible beef be with Norway. I like what Doug McIntyre said, " they're like the Sara-Lee of nations, nobody doesn't like Norway".:

Norway, like many European nations, have a very high rate of Muslim immigrants. A few of them are bound to be extremists, and because of it, there have been many native native/immigrant tensions over the years. Secondly, the Wahhabists will only be satisfied until the whole world converts to Wahhabi Islam.
At the same time, an extremist right-winger killed 80 people - most were children around 13-14 years - in some sort of a social democratic camp. This is not the first time a right-winger does this. Bombs have been used before.

I guess Norway should stop libertarian immigration immediately.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2011 12:11:06 AM

Oh. And snow.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2011 4:43:40 AM
It seems it was a Norwegian extreme right-wing nutjob who was responsible.

People with far-right political views and guns and explosives just don't mix.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2011 7:39:04 AM
Looks like the mass murderer is a Christian fundamentalist. http://edition.cnn.com...

I don't see anyone calling this Christian terrorism. Such nice evidence of double-standards.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2011 5:44:44 PM
He targeted the youth group because it was organised by the Norwegian Labour Party.

So much for the extreme right-wing's respect for democracy.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2011 12:52:05 PM
At 7/22/2011 10:47:02 PM, Mirza wrote:

At the same time, an extremist right-winger killed 80 people - most were children around 13-14 years - in some sort of a social democratic camp. This is not the first time a right-winger does this. Bombs have been used before.

I guess Norway should stop libertarian immigration immediately.:

Why do you always seem to get defensive when somebody points out a fact concerning Muslims? If you're not an extremist, I would worry more about them defaming your religion than I would trying to equivocate and deflect.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2011 6:10:33 PM
At 7/24/2011 12:52:05 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 7/22/2011 10:47:02 PM, Mirza wrote:

I guess Norway should stop libertarian immigration immediately.:

Why do you always seem to get defensive when somebody points out a fact concerning Muslims? If you're not an extremist, I would worry more about them defaming your religion than I would trying to equivocate and deflect.
Because you are freaks. That's why. You point fingers with closed eyes. Everyone was yelling "Oh Muslims" and it turned out the shooting and the shooter aimed heavily at Muslims themselves. That's the biggest failure on your finger-pointing one could ever hope for. I'm not saying there are no Muslim extremists. I'm saying keep your mouths shut until there is evidence which can help you speak at least a tiny bit wisely.

The extremist freak, who happened to be a Christian fundamentalist and hated Muslims, has shown signs of his hatred toward Islam/Muslims on every place he could. I read his gaming name was "Conservatism" and he played World of Warcraft. Take a loot at what he wrote here a few months ago: http://eu.battle.net...

"Marzanna,

So why exactly do you think hes an idiot? Because he works against the Islamisation of Sweden?"

Basically nobody has yet called this Christian terrorism. That's the double-standards losers indulge in. But even without an atom of evidence everybody concluded it was Islamic terrorism to begin with. Idiots.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2011 6:55:30 PM

Because you are freaks. That's why. You point fingers with closed eyes. Everyone was yelling "Oh Muslims" and it turned out the shooting and the shooter aimed heavily at Muslims themselves.:

So what? Muslims target other Muslims all the time, and I was careful to distinguish between a common Muslim and an extremist one. But it seems like you would like to pretend that's it's not an actual problem. You seem to want to hand waive away any instance that would defame Islam. But Mirza, it's a statement of fact. I can't change that demographic. Honestly, you should be FAR more pissed off at the Muslims who give all of Islam a black eye more than you should ordinary people noticing a very obvious pattern.

The extremist freak, who happened to be a Christian fundamentalist and hated Muslims, has shown signs of his hatred toward Islam/Muslims on every place he could. I read his gaming name was "Conservatism" and he played World of Warcraft. Take a loot at what he wrote here a few months ago: http://eu.battle.net...:

Yeah, and? There's extremists of all colors. But as soon as I said Muslim you seem to take personal offense to it, like it was against all Muslims. You can no more indict all Muslims than you could all Christians through isolated instances.

Basically nobody has yet called this Christian terrorism. That's the double-standards losers indulge in. But even without an atom of evidence everybody concluded it was Islamic terrorism to begin with. Idiots.:

Who's fault is it that the overwhelming majority of terrorist attacks are perpetrated by Muslims? Is it an extraordinary instance of jumping to conclusions that if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, that there's a good chance it's a duck?
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2011 8:19:39 PM
At 7/24/2011 6:10:33 PM, Mirza wrote:
Because you are freaks.

Nice
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2011 8:59:05 PM
At 7/23/2011 7:39:04 AM, Mirza wrote:
Looks like the mass murderer is a Christian fundamentalist. http://edition.cnn.com...

I don't see anyone calling this Christian terrorism. Such nice evidence of double-standards.

Exactly how many churches will speak out in support of his actions?

How many "Christian Democratic parties" will do so?

Anywhere in the world mind you.

Was he funded by monarchs of a theocratic Christian state?

I'm no fan of Christians, but seriously.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 6:42:34 AM
At 7/24/2011 6:55:30 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
So what?
Don't conclude before you know what you're talking about, and don't blame Muslims for what they didn't do. Don't try to make it look like they are the only terrorists.

Muslims target other Muslims all the time, and I was careful to distinguish between a common Muslim and an extremist one. But it seems like you would like to pretend that's it's not an actual problem. You seem to want to hand waive away any instance that would defame Islam. But Mirza, it's a statement of fact. I can't change that demographic. Honestly, you should be FAR more pissed off at the Muslims who give all of Islam a black eye more than you should ordinary people noticing a very obvious pattern.
Irrelevant to anything I said, thanks.

Yeah, and? There's extremists of all colors. But as soon as I said Muslim you seem to take personal offense to it, like it was against all Muslims.
Yes, it was. Don't blame Muslims, nor Wahhabi Muslims, for anything before you know what is going on.

You can no more indict all Muslims than you could all Christians through isolated instances.
Good for you.

Who's fault is it that the overwhelming majority of terrorist attacks are perpetrated by Muslims?
I don't know, the fault of the liar who invented this lie?

Is it an extraordinary instance of jumping to conclusions that if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, that there's a good chance it's a duck?
Doesn't look like a specific Muslim act. You want some info on Christian bombings?
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 6:46:18 AM
At 7/24/2011 8:59:05 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Appeal to popularity, appeal to authority. By the way, he does have Christian supporters. And the fact that you think he needs support of Churches in order to be recognized as a Christian terrorist (or his act as Christian terrorism) is ridiculous. He is not well known at all, and even if he were, that changes nothing. He does have support by many Christians.

How many "Christian Democratic parties" will do so?
Same fallacy.

Anywhere in the world mind you.

Was he funded by monarchs of a theocratic Christian state?

I'm no fan of Christians, but seriously.
Seriously what? You realize how dumb your questions are, right? You don't know of any Christian terrorist groups.

By the way, let's debate this: There is a specific mainstream Islamic sect that is in favor of terrorism.

Pick Wahhabism if you want. Anything is fine.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 5:46:49 PM
At 7/24/2011 6:10:33 PM, Mirza wrote:
Because you are freaks.

Nice
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 7:10:47 PM
At 7/25/2011 6:46:18 AM, Mirza wrote:
At 7/24/2011 8:59:05 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Appeal to popularity, appeal to authority.
That would require me to be speaking of the truth value of his beliefs instead of the extent to which his views are a significant threatening influence.

Seriously what?
Seriously, you can't see why people would be more concerned about a religion that causes terrorists to receive significant popular and governmental support than one that just happens to have a random isolated terorrist here and there?

By the way, let's debate this: There is a specific mainstream Islamic sect that is in favor of terrorism.

Pick Wahhabism if you want. Anything is fine.
It's not a question of specific sects. Terrorists are minorities all around.
In one they are small but sizable enough to receive government sponsorship in some places

In another, tiny, no government sponsorship.

Which is more likely to getcha?

(Incidentally, I don't blanket condemn terrorism, though I tend to condemn religious motives for it).