Jump to topic:

no kids allowed

quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 12:43:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
My father was so angry when Delta allowed 5 year olds to fly first class.

He'll be happy to hear this.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 6:21:35 AM
At 7/27/2011 12:38:11 AM, belle wrote:
i can't wait until this becomes widespread

http://shine.yahoo.com...

What a wonderful thing. I really hope it does take off, but imagine having flights that are children/babies allowed, hell in the sky.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 8:49:37 AM
I think it punishes good children though. Perhaps If a child screams too often, then the child is labeled "child is a bad boy" and need to gets recertified as "child is a good boy". Not sure if that would be too much trouble, but I agree with the overall system.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 5:34:03 PM
At 7/27/2011 8:49:37 AM, darkkermit wrote:
I think it punishes good children though. Perhaps If a child screams too often, then the child is labeled "child is a bad boy" and need to gets recertified as "child is a good boy". Not sure if that would be too much trouble, but I agree with the overall system.

It does punish good children. I do realize that these companies cannot take parents words about their children's behaviors [considering how many view their devils fore spawn as saints] so I say it is best that they give the children an chance and if their behavior proves to be unsettling , they should have the right to put them in lower class facilities and if this still is too much then they can shove them out of an planes side door.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
knick-knack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 6:23:29 PM
Kids are loud, obnoxious, smelly, annoying, hell raisers, BUT there needs to be some tolerance of their behavior. Kids are kids no matter how terrible they are.
John Hancock
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 11:05:17 PM
Kids are becoming the new discriminated minority. Soon its going to be that kids have to use seperate water fountains and have to sit in the back of the bus. Who votes for child suffrage?
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 11:08:45 PM
At 7/27/2011 9:45:38 PM, Lasagna wrote:
kids probably shouldn't be on airlines with elevated levels of solar radiation anyway

O.O so that explains higher rates of child mental illnesses.
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2011 11:48:10 PM
At 7/27/2011 6:23:29 PM, knick-knack wrote:
Kids are loud, obnoxious, smelly, annoying, hell raisers, BUT there needs to be some tolerance of their behavior. Kids are kids no matter how terrible they are.

Certainly not if they are harming the airline business by discouraging people from paying for expensive seats on long flights.

But then again my father has to have retarded adults regularly arrested at airports/kicked off the plane as well for being outrageous so this shouldn't only apply to kids.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2011 1:18:35 PM
this is Stereotyping children..

Not all children are loud and obnoxious... and they shouldn't be banned outright.

Just like with movie theaters generally...
No group is As A Whole, every last one, Loud in movie theaters..

and no group should be banned outright from movie theaters... no matter how much you think it might help with being able to watch the movie...

For there'll (probably) be some who weren't gonna be loud despite any patterns you noticed.. and it wouldn't be right to them to have not even given them a chance.

Granted, I could see how kicking them out of the theater After they started getting loud could be trouble... they'd probably just get More loud :/

tricky problem...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2011 1:57:48 PM
At 7/31/2011 1:18:35 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
this is Stereotyping children..

Not all children are loud and obnoxious... and they shouldn't be banned outright.

Just like with movie theaters generally...
No group is As A Whole, every last one, Loud in movie theaters..

and no group should be banned outright from movie theaters... no matter how much you think it might help with being able to watch the movie...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2011 2:28:56 PM
A company has every right in the world to refuse to serve people who they feel may hurt their business as a whole.
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

-tournament debate, need votes
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2011 5:48:51 PM
At 7/31/2011 2:28:56 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
A company has every right in the world...

That's our problem. We think that the answer to society's ills is to disperse rights.
Rob
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2011 10:29:57 PM
At 7/31/2011 5:48:51 PM, Lasagna wrote:

That's our problem. We think that the answer to society's ills is to disperse rights.

That's not the idea..
"rights" aren't supposed to be dispersed or Come Up With...

The ability to Impose upon people is what's supposed to be doled out by legislation...
Restrictions of rights are come up with and legislated..

Metaphysics:
Phoenix_Reaper
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2011 10:54:51 PM
At 7/31/2011 5:48:51 PM, Lasagna wrote:

That phase infuriates me too much. Rights should never be given to begin with as they are able to be taken away on a whim. Also these rights are not everywhere many people think they are. When someone finally has the gall to say "No" to someone a uproar is cried saying "My rights, my rights!" *Sigh* this notion of rights makes me sad. Entitlements are a problem.
Phoenix Reaper - To rise from the ashes of defeat and claim your soul.

: At 3/15/2011 4:23:07 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
: Taste is for pussïes. Be a nihilist. Drink vodka.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 2:02:51 AM
This seems pretty reasonable since many people do want child-free holidays, and this includes other people's children. I think I would be pretty upset if I was in a first class cabin only to have the seat beside me occupied by a screaming child.
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2011 9:19:38 PM
I admit BABIES can be loud and obnixous but by 4 years old there alright
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit