Jump to topic:

"Forced Labor"

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 7:29:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
This is just for the lulz. An 11 year old boy called the police on his mother after she asked him to help clean up the house, complaining of forced labor. Haha that sounds like something my ungrateful and ballsy child-self would have done ;) This kid may make an interesting addition to DDO someday...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
President of DDO
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 8:07:32 AM
Wow I thought something like this would only happen in America.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 9:00:43 AM
At 8/18/2011 7:29:37 AM, Danielle wrote:
This is just for the lulz. An 11 year old boy called the police on his mother after she asked him to help clean up the house, complaining of forced labor. Haha that sounds like something my ungrateful and ballsy child-self would have done ;) This kid may make an interesting addition to DDO someday...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

If I were that child's father, I'd give him a lesson for calling the police about his mum....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 9:32:25 AM
If I were that boy's father I'd agree to pay him the minimum wage to clean up.

Then I'd charge him the market rent for his room and present him with a bill (check) at the end of every meal.

That'd teach him!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 9:36:30 AM
At 8/18/2011 9:32:25 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:

Then I'd charge him the market rent for his room and present him with a bill (check) at the end of every meal.

That'd teach him!

Exactly :) Though if I were that child, I'd probably respond with a communist-like thesis about why that was irrational and/or immoral. I wouldn't care about being right or wrong; it'd just be good practice for law school :P
President of DDO
TheBaldKnobbers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 9:40:41 AM

That'd teach him!

haha word
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 10:26:06 AM

That'd teach him!

I like this a lot.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 2:21:28 PM

That'd teach him!

I'd do much the same thing, with full forewarning of the price structure, and the declaration that he was free to seek my competitors elsewhere if they should happen to exist, or to strike out on its own.

He would be made aware of these alternatives to "Be the kid and live by the rules" (rules which would probably be rather slim) well before it occurred to him to call the police.

Then again, I wouldn't be likely to have kids. Having younger siblings kinda makes you not wanna do that.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.