A concept car unlike any other.

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 2:25:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/18/2011 12:25:23 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
"Project Flake" is a concept car made of many individual panels that can make the car literally change shape.
http://motoring.asiaone.com...

How much more resources does that take for how much better performance?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 2:30:03 PM
"Project Flake" is a concept car made of many individual panels that can make the car literally change shape.

Pretty cool, but the more technical and complicated the car, the more things can go wrong more often. I'd rather people spent the time, money and brain power on how to mass market an affordable flying car....not a morphing thingy.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 7:38:24 PM
Another bullsh*t idea that is way to expensive to do anything with. Nothing like getting a car with 250 extra motors you don't need...

At 8/18/2011 2:30:03 PM, 000ike wrote:

Pretty cool, but the more technical and complicated the car, the more things can go wrong more often. I'd rather people spent the time, money and brain power on how to mass market an affordable flying car....not a morphing thingy.

Flying cars are bullsh*t too. It takes an incredible amount of energy to suspend a vehicle even an inch above the ground. It's thought that a superconducter that operates under normal temperatures might make it at least slightly possible, but it's still going to burn energy like it's going out of style. The true "innovations" are models which are not outrageously complex and expensive, and require less energy to run. Gas, electric, hydrogen, air, and every other means of powering a vehicle all have tremendous downsides. Making a car that only one person can afford to use is not very useful.
Rob
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 7:53:20 PM
i wrecked my car during the week. they should think up a modification for diesel passats where the sump, which'd be fairly frequently damaged, didn't have to be slaved over (or under rather...) to be gotten off. it was ridiculous. and then after all that, all sealed up and safe for turning again, no it wasn't... my turbo's fvcked. new car time! yay! :P

imagine you burst the sump on that thing...
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 7:54:57 PM
That thing would hit a bird the right way and shatter intoo 250 different pieces. Speaking of which, I bet bird sh*t gets into the motors and wrecks it :P
Rob
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 7:56:40 PM
At 8/18/2011 7:53:20 PM, el-badgero wrote:
i wrecked my car during the week. they should think up a modification for diesel passats where the sump, which'd be fairly frequently damaged, didn't have to be slaved over (or under rather...) to be gotten off. it was ridiculous. and then after all that, all sealed up and safe for turning again, no it wasn't... my turbo's fvcked. new car time! yay! :P

They do that so they can get more money. People tend to forget how much fixing their car when damaged costs when they're looking at a new car.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 8:05:03 PM
At 8/18/2011 7:56:40 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

They do that so they can get more money. People tend to forget how much fixing their car when damaged costs when they're looking at a new car.

yeah i know, the dirty bastards. capitalism eh? :P ...but passats are awesome! i'd nearly buy another one...

Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 8:09:36 PM
At 8/18/2011 8:05:03 PM, el-badgero wrote:

yeah i know, the dirty bastards. capitalism eh? :P ...but passats are awesome! i'd nearly buy another one...

Yep, capitalism. That's why mechanics are always charging you an arm and a leg for labor, telling you you need replacements when you don't... How can we even know for sure that cars are built to last whilst amonst capitalism?
Rob
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 8:17:03 PM
At 8/18/2011 7:54:57 PM, Lasagna wrote:
That thing would hit a bird the right way and shatter intoo 250 different pieces. Speaking of which, I bet bird sh*t gets into the motors and wrecks it :P

Haha. Like a lego set.
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 8:18:08 PM
At 8/18/2011 8:09:36 PM, Lasagna wrote:

Yep, capitalism. That's why mechanics are always charging you an arm and a leg for labor, telling you you need replacements when you don't... How can we even know for sure that cars are built to last whilst amonst capitalism?

salmon of knowledge?

Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 4:39:13 PM

I have mixed feelings about the car. Seems like an interesting idea though.
"Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."

- Lionheart -
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 6:18:43 PM
At 8/18/2011 8:18:08 PM, el-badgero wrote:
At 8/18/2011 8:09:36 PM, Lasagna wrote:

salmon of knowledge?

wth